Warzone Firefight- Can we get an update?

What in God’s name is happening to Warzone firefight? Its the only mode I really truly love… Because of the freedom granted in how you decide to end the round.

However. Can we please get some kind of balance/bug fixing updates??? Seriously! There are still blatant issues that make WZFF frustrating as all hell. Most of them have existed since the original release of the mode… which, to me, is pretty eff’n ridiculous considering how much of an emphasis 343 has put on post-launch support and updates.

Things like:

• teammates still being able to frickin splatter you… why is this even a thing?

• enemies dropping off of phamtoms onto invisible ceilings in the backs of bases where they can shoot you from the sky… This happens quite often, usually with heavy/fuel rod grunts that can OHK you

• having no clue what the next round will be, meaning you cannot prepare in intermission and if you do by chance choose a vehicle that is simply useless for that next round, you’ve basically wasted it bc you’ll need to switch to something else to deal significant dps. at which point… your req disappears.

• wardens spamming EMP’s. no clue why this is even a thing. absolutely NO CLUE. why is their fire rate so high? the only way to beat them is with vehicles, but they can perma-emp a hannibal scorpion if they feel like it??

• enemies can hijack us but we can’t hijack them?? (??? are we not superhumans???)

• spawning my warthog/wraith/whatever in the same base that 2 grunt mechs are standing in, basically wasting 6 req points and 15-20 seconds afterwards when I inevitably die to the aimbot shardstorm attack trying to escape.

• prometheans spawning INSIDE THE DEFENSE POINT. basically turning it into an “attack this point” objective because of how ridiculously strong they are and how quickly they reinforce it. honestly they shouldn’t even call it defense if its prometheans. it should just be an assault objective. teams actually controlling that objective entirely during a promethean spawn is so rare it isn’t realistic at all.

• related to previous point; giving us no warning beforehand that the next round will be a defense objective, meaning many of us will not make it to the objective before the enemies.

• also related; round 1 defense objectives starting right after we’ve spawned on the other side of the map, forcing us to BOOK IT to the objective if we want any chance of being set up before the enemies are swarming it.

• prometheans teleporting to dodge just about anything they want

• also, prometheans having FULL HEALTH REGEN EVEN FOR BOSSES LIKE WARDEN ETERNAL?? There is NOTHING more annoying than ALMOST finishing the Attack On Sanctum temple warden round, only to stop to reload for a sec and watch the last warden go from 10% health to 100% in less than 2 seconds. basically ensuring a loss. This has happened multiple times.

• phantoms lingering after dropping units off… this is especially annoying because you can’t actually destroy them or stop their dps. they sit there and force you to hide when really that time should be spent dealing with ads and starting dps on a boss.

• mythic warzone firefight is a joke when it comes to skulls. the only skulls they feature that I’ve seen are thunderstorm, black eye, tough luck, and berserk. none of these are fun, none of them add any kind of meaningful gameplay changes. all they do is make the rounds more annoying. having no shields until melee’ing something, but getting close almost always causes instant death. not only is this just plain boring and stressful, it negates an incredibly useful armor mod as well which is, to me, just flawed design

• req system constantly reverting my loadout options from what i chose just recently, to what i chose at the beginning of the game. this isn’t gamebreaking or super big or anything… but its just yet another annoying lil thing to deal with. i could be at round 4, die with my extended mag dmr and sentinel br, and for some strange reason respawn with a reflex sight AR and a pistol.

• not having any way (that i know of) to cancel req redemptions before spawning? In a mode where having the right weapon/vehicle/boost for the right moments is SO important, why on EARTH have we not gotten this yet? Yeah, I chose my phaeton, I chose it at 58 seconds left on the clock thinking as long as my teammates survive, we’ll be able to pull this off. But watching a tank and 4 teammates die within 30 seconds and then having no option but to spawn my phaeton anyways, when I know for a fact there is no longer a chance of beating the final boss, is freaking stupid. It really is.

The most frustrating part about all of this? I can’t remember the last time I heard anything about an upcoming update or patch for this mode. Or any other warzone mode. 343 is really making it seem as though they want this mode dead and buried, which makes no sense to me. Why can’t I find any news about any kind of warzone updates/patches in the works? Why are all these issues (and much more) still prevalent? Can anyone from 343 please come up with some kind of response? It really sucks having to deal with this stuff after so long.

> 2533274823861984;1:
> What in God’s name is happening to Warzone firefight?
>
> Things like:
> - teammates still being able to frickin splatter you… why is this even a thing?
>
> - enemies can hijack us but we can’t hijack them?? (??? are we not superhumans???)
>
> - spawning my warthog/wraith/whatever in the same base that 2 grunt mechs are standing in, basically wasting 6 req points and 15-20 seconds afterwards when I inevitably die to the aimbot shardstorm attack trying to escape.
>
> - prometheans teleporting to dodge just about anything they want
>
> - also, prometheans having FULL HEALTH REGEN EVEN FOR BOSSES LIKE WARDEN ETERNAL??
>
> - req system constantly reverting my loadout options from what i chose just recently, to what i chose at the beginning of the game.
>
> 343 is really making it seem as though they want this mode dead and buried, which makes no sense to me. Why can’t I find any news about any kind of warzone updates/patches in the works? Why are all these issues (and much more) still prevalent?

343 updating Firefight? I’ll address your last point on the list first. My guess on why they aren’t updating it is because they likely just have a skeleton team working on H5 and don’t want to spare the resources to update it. It also doesn’t hurt that two of the FF playlists are in the top ten for playlist popularity so why update something if it’s still doing well. That said, it would be nice if we got an update.

I agree with just about all your points, but I have some comments for the ones listed in your quote.

1) Teammate splattering has mixed opinions on here. I think they should keep it otherwise you’ll get people launching you around or off the map which can be equally frustrating. At least with splattering, you get the option to boot them if they keep doing it.

2) I think 343 doesn’t allow us to hijack vehicles because then we would use our own vehicles a lot less which means less REQ pack buying.

3) Spawning in the same base as the bosses can be annoying depending on which ones are in the base. My advice would be to use the garage when spawning vehicles during those rounds or the base on the opposite side of the home base with the bosses in it.

4) The Promethean teleporting can be annoying, but I don’t think it’s that big a deal. Killing them is still manageable.

5) The bosses getting their health regened is only frustrating to me when you’re constantly shooting them and it happens. I think it’s fine if you’re not shooting a boss for a bit and a Watcher gives their health back. You’ll want to take out the Watchers as soon as possible to make that less of an issue.

6) The unintentional weapon switching is a general Warzone issue, but it would be nice it were fixed.

> 2727626560040591;2:
> > 2533274823861984;1:
> > What in God’s name is happening to Warzone firefight?
> >
> > Things like:
> > - teammates still being able to frickin splatter you… why is this even a thing?
> >
> > - enemies can hijack us but we can’t hijack them?? (??? are we not superhumans???)
> >
> > - spawning my warthog/wraith/whatever in the same base that 2 grunt mechs are standing in, basically wasting 6 req points and 15-20 seconds afterwards when I inevitably die to the aimbot shardstorm attack trying to escape.
> >
> > - prometheans teleporting to dodge just about anything they want
> >
> > - also, prometheans having FULL HEALTH REGEN EVEN FOR BOSSES LIKE WARDEN ETERNAL??
> >
> > - req system constantly reverting my loadout options from what i chose just recently, to what i chose at the beginning of the game.
> >
> > 343 is really making it seem as though they want this mode dead and buried, which makes no sense to me. Why can’t I find any news about any kind of warzone updates/patches in the works? Why are all these issues (and much more) still prevalent?
>
> 343 updating Firefight? I’ll address your last point on the list first. My guess on why they aren’t updating it is because they likely just have a skeleton team working on H5 and don’t want to spare the resources to update it. It also doesn’t hurt that two of the FF playlists are in the top ten for playlist popularity so why update something if it’s still doing well. That said, it would be nice if we got an update.
>
> I agree with just about all your points, but I have some comments for the ones listed in your quote.
>
> 1) Teammate splattering has mixed opinions on here. I think they should keep it otherwise you’ll get people launching you around or off the map which can be equally frustrating. At least with splattering, you get the option to boot them if they keep doing it.
>
> 2) I think 343 doesn’t allow us to hijack vehicles because then we would use our own vehicles a lot less which means less REQ pack buying.
>
> 3) Spawning in the same base as the bosses can be annoying depending on which ones are in the base. My advice would be to use the garage when spawning vehicles during those rounds or the base on the opposite side of the home base with the bosses in it.
>
> 4) The Promethean teleporting can be annoying, but I don’t think it’s that big a deal. Killing them is still manageable.
>
> 5) The bosses getting their health regened is only frustrating to me when you’re constantly shooting them and it happens. I think it’s fine if you’re not shooting a boss for a bit and a Watcher gives their health back. You’ll want to take out the Watchers as soon as possible to make that less of an issue.
>
> 6) The unintentional weapon switching is a general Warzone issue, but it would be nice it were fixed.

You really think its balanced that one watcher can restore a warden to full health within 1-2 seconds tho? I would have no issue with it if it was, say, a 25-40% health regen with a cooldown… but full health to a bullet sponge thats already the hardest to take out is just… Overkill imo.

I don’t have an issue with it restoring full health to bosses. I would like if it had requirements in place on when it could restore health though.

> 2533274823861984;1:
> Can we please get some kind of balance/bug fixing updates???

Hey OP, Warzone Firefight does badly need an update, but let’s be realistic about what we’re asking for. I highly doubt they’re going to fix things like the fact that Soldiers can teleport or that Wardens spam EMPs. And if they removed teammates being able to splatter you, then teammates would just send you flying with their vehicles instead, which would be just as annoying and possibly lead to players being able to get into places on maps that they shouldn’t.

You did make some points that I strongly agree with, especially Phantom guns should be destroyable and we should be able to choose where to spawn and respawn (have you ever called in a Scorpion on Apex 7 and came out on the other side of the map? It’s not fun). And don’t forget the whole thing where req weapons run out of ammo against bullet sponge enemies and bosses and are therefore nearly useless compared to vehicles. So yes Warzone Firefight seriously needs an update but I don’t think everything you listed is really that much of an issue.

> 2533274823861984;1:
> round 1 defense objectives starting right after we’ve spawned on the other side of the map, forcing us to BOOK IT to the objective if we want any chance of being set up before the enemies are swarming it.

I’m guessing you’re talking about round 1 on Darkstar? That round actually used to be round 2 and the other armory defending round used to be round 1. But they decided that the one where you defend from Prometheans was too difficult for round 1 and the one where you defend from Covenant was too easy for round 2, so they switched them around, and the result is that sometimes we have to start the match by running to the far away armory and then running back to the closer armory for the next round. Just thought I’d tell you that little piece of information if you didn’t know it already.

> 2727626560040591;2:
> My guess on why they aren’t updating it is because they likely just have a skeleton team working on H5 and don’t want to spare the resources to update it. It also doesn’t hurt that two of the FF playlists are in the top ten for playlist popularity so why update something if it’s still doing well.

I don’t think the fact that it’s popular is a good reason to neglect to fix its problems. If 343 does things that way, then they will end up only fixing smaller issues with playlists nobody cares about, while popular playlists continue to have problems that may be bigger. They might even do something silly like “tune” a bunch of weapons to increase the skill gap for the tiny handful of top-level players (possibly to the annoyance of everyone else) which would only be beneficial for a vanishingly small proportion of the population, meanwhile fixing the real problems with a popular thing like firefight would probably have resulted in a more significant increase in Halo 5’s overall population. Or not, I don’t know. But they should be careful in making the assumption that healthy population=no problems, or that fixing the problems with a popular playlist wouldn’t be more beneficial than fixing other issues.

And they probably do have only a small team working on improving Halo 5 at this point, but that sandbox update wishlist thread made by Ske7ch is still open and active. So if they have any plans to update Halo 5’s sandbox in the future, then they should be open to fixing what I think is one of the biggest, if not the biggest problem with the sandbox, which is that req weapons, even supposedly powerful Mythic ones, are basically not even worth using in Warzone Firefight. For this reason alone, I don’t think they can use “we didn’t have enough of a team” as an excuse to not fix this massive problem. As long as they are considering updating the sandbox, a Warzone Firefight update should still be an option for them to consider.

> 2533274904158628;5:
> I’m guessing you’re talking about round 1 on Darkstar?
>
> I don’t think the fact that it’s popular is a good reason to neglect to fix its problems.

I think a better example for the OP’s point would be the round on Apex where you have to protect the two cores. Can’t remember if it’s round 2 or 3, but no one is ever close to it when the round starts and by the time we get there, the Crawlers are already taking one of the cores down to half health or sometimes lower if the team sucks.

I agree.

I love Warzone Firefight, but I agree that it could definitely still use some tweaking.

> 2727626560040591;6:
> I think a better example for the OP’s point would be the round on Apex where you have to protect the two cores. Can’t remember if it’s round 2 or 3, but no one is ever close to it when the round starts and by the time we get there, the Crawlers are already taking one of the cores down to half health or sometimes lower if the team sucks.

Oh yeah, I believe it’s round 2 protect the generators from crawler swarms and a few Soldiers. I rarely see that round so I kinda forgot about it. It is dumb for it to spawn so far away from the round 1 objectives (although it helps a lot if someone calls in a Warthog) but this could be at least partially solved by taking OP’s suggestion to let us know what the next round will be during the intermission, so players could begin moving to it right after round 1 ends.

Enemies instantly spawning on top of you, combined with zero indication of what the next round will be, has got to be the most annoying thing ever.

It doesn’t really happen to me anymore because I memorized all the spots and can go through reqs faster now, but it just makes the game unenjoyable and difficult to get friends to ever wanna play it.

The other big one is unkillable drop ships that hang out beside a defense point and just melt it.

Actually, scratch that… there’s just so many gamebreaking issues (eg. useless REQs due to limited ammo) and bugs (targets trapped outside the map) … it really feels like WZFF is still a beta, everythings just slapped together with clearly no effort put into real life testing.

It’s just sad because the base game is soo good, it’s just this mountain of needed minor tweaks that holds it back. I really hope 343 fixes this stuff but I’m not holding my breath.

• While you’re supposed to have 5 minutes a round, it sometimes takes 30 seconds into the round for the boss to show up.

• Invincible phantoms that you have to avoid locking on to… why?