Warzone Firefight Boss Kills are BROKEN

Warning: this is a long, semi-ranty post. If you can’t be bothered to read the whole thing, there’s a TL;DR at the bottom.

I want to start this off by saying that I absolutely love Warzone Firefight, especially Mythic on the weekends. It provides a real challenge for veteran Halo players, and has a great ratio of XP/RP to time played. That being said, one thing gets me so frustrated about this game mode that it makes me want to just go play competitive arena instead: the way that boss takedowns are assigned. From the vast amount of time I have spent playing Firefight, I’ve tried to figure out how players are given points for killing bosses, but it seems to have no rhyme or reason. Firing on a Grunt Mech as it dies? Coin flip chances I get credited for it. Did most of the damage to it, then die 5 seconds before it gets taken down? Less than a coin flip. Do most of the damage and fire on it as it dies? I’d say about an 80% chance I get the credit for it, even though I should get the points in that case every single time. I know this issue is frustrating for a lot of players, having spoken to friends who play lots of Firefight as well, and I’m hoping you guys can chime in with your experiences with this problem. Heck, maybe we can even make enough noise to get 343’s attention. Like I said, I am absolutely in love with Warzone Firefight, but this problem can range from annoying to downright game breaking.

Side note: There is also the less annoying problem of getting credited for boss takedowns that, in all fairness, I really shouldn’t have gotten credit for.

Thanks in advance for your support, guys.

TL;DR: Warzone Firefight doesn’t consistently credit players for boss takedowns.