Warzone feels... off

I don’t really know why this is, but Warzone is starting to feel like a very risky gamemode to play. It’s well-balanced, most REQs have an effective counter, but something still bothers me. Wanna know what it is? No squad/fireteam coordination! It’s extremely difficult to keep my teammates alive and get regrouped if we get separated. No squad spawns. No sqaud system. No orders to be given. It feels like it’s counter-productive to attempt to work with my teammates in this gamemode, even though it’s somewhat encouraged due to the larger player count in matches. It’s really difficult to cap a base without back-up, especially if it’s a crucial location (spire, garage, what-have-you). It should be possible to see what weapons my squadmates have so we can cover a larger niche in combat to effectively counter every possible attack. I know this kind of leans against the OG Halo gamestyle, but isn’t 343 already doing that? If they’re going to change the games, why not make it feel like a good change rather than an awkward one?

Why don’t you get a team and communicate with them?

> 2535455681930574;2:
> Why don’t you get a team and communicate with them?

That’s what I was going to say.

I think your best bet is to go in with friends so you guys can strategize on your own. It’s always better than going solo with randoms imo.

The only issue I have with Warzone, is the 200 point bosses that appear near the end of the match. I feel as those bosses in particular are game breaking. In the past few days, my clan and I have been kicking butt in Warzone for almost the entire game. Towards the end of the game, were pounding the crap out of the the 200 point boss for 2 minutes and BAM the enemy team gets like one wraith shot into the boss and get the 200 points. We ended up losing because of that one boss.

I feel a better alternative would be scattered smaller point bosses near the end of the game, or maybe only bosses that only the losing team can kill or some sort of objective they can do in order to get points to nearly catch up that the winning team can stop them from getting. SOMETHING to stop that whole 200 point non-sense. I feel that it’s game breaking. It makes you really think at the end of a warzone match “well… what the heck is the point?”

If you aren’t willing to join a team or what ever all you can do is use a mic and hopefully someone will listen and help but wouldn’t count on it.

> 2533274839169395;4:
> The only issue I have with Warzone, is the 200 point bosses that appear near the end of the match. I feel as those bosses in particular are game breaking. In the past few days, my clan and I have been kicking butt in Warzone for almost the entire game. Towards the end of the game, were pounding the crap out of the the 200 point boss for 2 minutes and BAM the enemy team gets like one wraith shot into the boss and get the 200 points. We ended up losing because of that one boss.
>
> I feel a better alternative would be scattered smaller point bosses near the end of the game, or maybe only bosses that only the losing team can kill or some sort of objective they can do in order to get points to nearly catch up that the winning team can stop them from getting. SOMETHING to stop that whole 200 point non-sense. I feel that it’s game breaking. It makes you really think at the end of a warzone match “well… what the heck is the point?”

Well if your team was truly kicking butt the whole game that 200 points shouldn’t have been enough to push the other team over the top to the win. To me that means they were relatively close in score. I love that bosses can be stolen. I know for a fact that bosses I have stolen help changed the tide of games and help my team actually win since the other team was more focused on simply capping bases and slaying.

The scale/maps are too big IMO… lots of empty, barely utilized space in the maps.

> 2535428051871852;3:
> > 2535455681930574;2:
> > Why don’t you get a team and communicate with them?
>
> That’s what I was going to say.
>
> I think your best bet is to go in with friends so you guys can strategize on your own. It’s always better than going solo with randoms imo.

Absolutely, going in as a team allows for better coordination and strategies to be made; as a last resort, if searching solo, plugging in a mic and talking to your team can work as well.

> 2535428051871852;3:
> > 2535455681930574;2:
> > Why don’t you get a team and communicate with them?
>
> That’s what I was going to say.
>
> I think your best bet is to go in with friends so you guys can strategize on your own. It’s always better than going solo with randoms imo.

you guys basically said what I was going to lol

If you have a mic you can try to lead the charge and provide callouts to enemies and bosses. You’d be surprised to find how many ppl respond or come to your aid. As for the comments on teaming up, it’s not always possible for a solo player. I myself am in an active company, however I have very limited play time. I can at most squeeze in 1-2 games at a time, and don’t want to waste time precious play time trying to coordinating a party.

> 2535455681930574;2:
> Why don’t you get a team and communicate with them?

Yeah, get a team of 6 together so you can have an additional 6 potatoes on your team that couldn’t kill someone point blank with a rocket launcher. Sounds fun! That’s what is “off” with warzone.

I don’t like Warzone. Haven’t touched it in months. I’d prefer if they focused on a more in depth Firefight and then overhauled BTB for Halo 6.

> 2535449682372119;11:
> > 2535455681930574;2:
> > Why don’t you get a team and communicate with them?
>
> Yeah, get a team of 6 together so you can have an additional 6 potatoes on your team that couldn’t kill someone point blank with a rocket launcher. Sounds fun! That’s what is “off” with warzone.

You know those Flonase commercials where it says 6 is greater than 1? That doesn’t just apply to allergies. You also don’t give solo players enough credit. Sure it’s harder when you can’t communicate, but gun skill still means a whole lot. 6 teammates all communicating is still enough to turn the tide of a battle.

> 2533274816788253;5:
> If you aren’t willing to join a team or what ever all you can do is use a mic and hopefully someone will listen and help but wouldn’t count on it.

This is another way.

It is a bit less reliable than going in with a team from the get-go, but honestly I think just plugging in your mic can work eventually. I did this before when playing Halo 5 and ended up with a squad of 3 others. They had their mics in as well, agreed to stick together and play, and we had a lot of fun.

So, it can be a good way to make new friends too.

> 2533274838402332;8:
> > 2535428051871852;3:
> > > 2535455681930574;2:
> > > Why don’t you get a team and communicate with them?
> >
> > That’s what I was going to say.
> >
> > I think your best bet is to go in with friends so you guys can strategize on your own. It’s always better than going solo with randoms imo.
>
> Absolutely, going in as a team allows for better coordination and strategies to be made; as a last resort, if searching solo, plugging in a mic and talking to your team can work as well.

As I said in a post above, definitely don’t underestimate what Blizzard is saying here about just plugging in a mic. It works and you make new friends.

Also, he’s absolutely correct about better coordination and strategies. Back in Halo 3 when I would play with a team – not even exaggerating – we played BTB one night and won 100-3 and 100-5 back to back. And it’s not even like we were hardcore either. We were just a bunch of guys trying to have fun, but we added a little bit of strategy. Communication goes a long way on the battlefield and just pointing out some simple things like “this guy, go for the sniper. And you, drive this Warthog with him” – it all goes a long way.

> 2533274816788253;6:
> > 2533274839169395;4:
> > The only issue I have with Warzone, is the 200 point bosses that appear near the end of the match. I feel as those bosses in particular are game breaking. In the past few days, my clan and I have been kicking butt in Warzone for almost the entire game. Towards the end of the game, were pounding the crap out of the the 200 point boss for 2 minutes and BAM the enemy team gets like one wraith shot into the boss and get the 200 points. We ended up losing because of that one boss.
> >
> > I feel a better alternative would be scattered smaller point bosses near the end of the game, or maybe only bosses that only the losing team can kill or some sort of objective they can do in order to get points to nearly catch up that the winning team can stop them from getting. SOMETHING to stop that whole 200 point non-sense. I feel that it’s game breaking. It makes you really think at the end of a warzone match “well… what the heck is the point?”
>
> Well if your team was truly kicking butt the whole game that 200 points shouldn’t have been enough to push the other team over the top to the win. To me that means they were relatively close in score. I love that bosses can be stolen. I know for a fact that bosses I have stolen help changed the tide of games and help my team actually win since the other team was more focused on simply capping bases and slaying.

Boss steals literally saved my bacon twice just the day before yesterday.

Boss steals can be frustrating if you’re the victim, but if you’re the perp it’s funny as hell.