Warzone CTF

Who would like a Warzone playlist that instead of capturing bases, destroying the core and gaining points, you need to capture the enemy flag that’s in their home base. Along the way, you can capture the bases to give you an advantage by allowing you to spawn closer to the enemy’s home base. There would be zero marines in this mode so you don’t need to worry about being held back in the enemy’s base with th flag only to have marines spawn on you and AR you to death. Would you want this? And how often would you play it compared to other WZ playlists?

Sounds cool.

There should be a time limit, or else, well, brace yourself for the massive wave of farming complaints.

> 2535437652903765;3:
> There should be a time limit, or else, well, brace yourself for the massive wave of farming complaints.

Definitely, 15-20 minutes sounds about right?

> 2533274976607648;4:
> > 2535437652903765;3:
> > There should be a time limit, or else, well, brace yourself for the massive wave of farming complaints.
>
>
> Definitely, 15-20 minutes sounds about right?

I think that should work.

The time to return the flag should be greater or have no quick returns.

Not sure if sprint should be enabled for the flag carrier or if flag detection should increase.

An idea I just had was maybe there should be multiple flags in different locations depending on the map like it starts of with both flags at the spire, then at the armoury, then at the core. (Sorry I can never remember map names but it’s obvious)

> 2533274962122285;6:
> The time to return the flag should be greater or have no quick returns.
>
> Not sure if sprint should be enabled for the flag carrier or if flag detection should increase.
>
> An idea I just had was maybe there should be multiple flags in different locations depending on the map like it starts of with both flags at the spire, then at the armoury, then at the core. (Sorry I can never remember map names but it’s obvious)

So for example, it’d out with red/blue flags both at the armorys, and let’s say the blue team captured the red flag, then the red flag spawns at their home base, then red would capture blue’s flag and return it to their armory or a nearby controlled base which would cause their next flag to spawn at their home base. The blues would finally have to break into the red home base or vice versa and grab the flag and bring it back to their home base (not just any blue-controlled base as to give the reds more of a chance) which gives them the win.

I think it would be really cool if there was a neutral flag in the middle in addition to the flag that each team would have that their base. And if the neutral flag was worth 100 points per capture and the team flags were worth 300 points per capture, I think that could work really well. No bases though, so everyone has to spawn at their base. Otherwise I think it would be too easy for one team to capture flags if they could spawn so much closer.

It’d be better than playing the same boring thing everytime

So it’ll be like those Halo Trial Blood Gulch matches?
Of insane death and destruction everywhere?
Man, those were good times.

So its like Warzone Assault with Flags?

This sounds cool, but the flag shouldn’t be in the home base, because it’s very hard to get in there. I’d have 2 middle bases also.

it would be better is it was like assault since you had to destroy the core instead of pulling out a flag you should have to arm something that can be reset by the other team.

> 2535455681930574;12:
> This sounds cool, but the flag shouldn’t be in the home base, because it’s very hard to get in there. I’d have 2 middle bases also.

It could just be the two armorys plus the middle base with the map cut a little short so there is no access to the home bases? I could see it working fairly well with Noctus that way, with both teams holding a garage with the monument in the middle for a power position. For the other maps, there might have to be more creative editing but it’s all I can currently think of. Although, another workaround to avoid using the overpowered home base would be to deny access through the doors, and just place a smaller sort of base outside of it that would act as the new home base.

> 2533274805919869;13:
> it would be better is it was like assault since you had to destroy the core instead of pulling out a flag you should have to arm something that can be reset by the other team.

The idea of attacking the enemy base, then defending their core as they spawn around you seems like an easy way to get those grenade commendation as you just sit in the core room. The starting grenade count could be reduced to 1 just like WZA, so that might help dampen the grande spamming.

What about a Warzone assault type thing but instead of destroying the core you retrieve the flag and bring it to the second base?