Warzone boss kills

This has probably been a complaint since release, but… Why is it a thing that you can do 99.9% of the damage to a boss, but an enemy can shoot at the final moment and take the kill? It should scale the points based on damage or the team that has the most damage takes the kill, that would make way more sense. It doesn’t make logical sense how someone can have a single shot take the kill and get the full credit.

For something as significant as the major bosses which often have significant sway in the final score, there should be a more balanced scoring method in place.

Some feedback

1. no health bars-making a timed stolen kill difficult, this makes a lot of sense.
  2. Split the points for most damage and final hit (if one team does most of the damage and the other gets the last hit, the score gets split)

> 2533274851249753;1:
> This has probably been a complaint since release, but… Why is it a thing that you can do 99.9% of the damage to a boss, but an enemy can accidentally shoot at the final moment and take the kill? It should scale the points based on damage or the team that has the most damage takes the kill, that would make way more sense. It doesn’t make logical sense how someone can have a stray shot take the kill.

Look man, say the enemy team dealed 65-70 percent damage of a mythic boss, then your team triple caps and your team takes down the boss with no enemies shooting at it and you team still loses the game because you say the team takes down the boss with the most damage dealt. Are you going to complain again?

Its logic man, even in real world. I think your the one who lacks of logical sense.

I’d still like to see it changed to either this (my personal preference) or have two separate health bars associated to each team for a Legendary or Mythic Boss so that the first team to finish the boss is awarded the points (not what I consider ideal, but I think it might be better than the current method).

It comes down to common sense. If the goal is to kill the boss, it makes sense that the person who delivers the kill shot gets the kill, regardless of how much damage anyone else did.

> 2586218893181855;4:
> It comes down to common sense. If the goal is to kill the boss, it makes sense that the person who delivers the kill shot gets the kill, regardless of how much damage anyone else did.

But that’s the point. It doesn’t have to be completely “Regardless”.

I agree that landing the killing blow is important which is why I disagree with people who think AI Boss points should be strictly divided by damage dealt, but I think there are two better methods to acknowledge and reward landing that killing blow without creating the frustrations associated with the current method. (1) would be to divide a portion of the points per the damage dealt while still awarding a significant portion of the points to the team that landed the killing blow (this method would include several other things too – see my link in my previous post), or (2) have the teams compete in a race to see who can finish the AI Boss first by giving the Bosses two health bars (one for each team) - earning the kill first would be inline with the goal to kill the boss, right?

This has been argued since the game came out. I’ve always felt that one very simple solution would be to just get rid of the health bars. Then you can’t time your final shot. I’ve stolen 100s of bosses and had 100s stolen from me in Warzone. Bosses that swung the game one way or the other. I’ve sat back with a laser and just watched for 5 minutes as a team worked a mythic boss just to fire 1 shot right at the end and steal it. Without a health bar I wouldn’t be able to time it like that. Problem solved.

> 2535449682372119;6:
> This has been argued since the game came out. I’ve always felt that one very simple solution would be to just get rid of the health bars. Then you can’t time your final shot. I’ve stolen 100s of bosses and had 100s stolen from me in Warzone. Bosses that swung the game one way or the other. I’ve sat back with a laser and just watched for 5 minutes as a team worked a mythic boss just to fire 1 shot right at the end and steal it. Without a health bar I wouldn’t be able to time it like that. Problem solved.

I did include a health bar visibility aspect within the personal linked recommendation.

The basic concept of stealing another ones kill has been around forever. Example, when animals hunt the kill is usually stolen by another predator so the don’t have to do most of the work. It’s annoying but it’s just how things work. I do agree though that health bars shouldn’t be a thing so it would make the kill stealing less frequent.

This is also an annoying problem in FF. For example, I was using an AA Wraith and literally spamming my rounds into a Mantis boss for like 10 seconds until it died and it said my teammates got the kill.

> 2775209234672000;5:
> > 2586218893181855;4:
> > It comes down to common sense. If the goal is to kill the boss, it makes sense that the person who delivers the kill shot gets the kill, regardless of how much damage anyone else did.
>
> But that’s the point. It doesn’t have to be completely “Regardless”.
>
> I agree that landing the killing blow is important which is why I disagree with people who think AI Boss points should be strictly divided by damage dealt, but I think there are two better methods to acknowledge and reward landing that killing blow without creating the frustrations associated with the current method. (1) would be to divide a portion of the points per the damage dealt while still awarding a significant portion of the points to the team that landed the killing blow, or (2) have the teams compete in a race to see who can finish the AI Boss first by giving the Bosses two health bars (one for each team) - earning the kill first would be inline with the goal to kill the boss, right?

The boss credit system works the same way as spartan and AI kills, last shot gets the kill. The reason it is more noticeable is because it can sway the outcome. I am ok with the current system.

> 2535449682372119;6:
> This has been argued since the game came out. I’ve always felt that one very simple solution would be to just get rid of the health bars. Then you can’t time your final shot. I’ve stolen 100s of bosses and had 100s stolen from me in Warzone. Bosses that swung the game one way or the other. I’ve sat back with a laser and just watched for 5 minutes as a team worked a mythic boss just to fire 1 shot right at the end and steal it. Without a health bar I wouldn’t be able to time it like that. Problem solved.

^^^ This guy.

I have never understood in the first place why health bars are there. Since when do enemies have health bars in Halo??

> 2586218893181855;4:
> It comes down to common sense. If the goal is to kill the boss, it makes sense that the person who delivers the kill shot gets the kill, regardless of how much damage anyone else did.

How do you know who really has the kill shot? My mate and I both had Answers and were plugging the final knight boss inside OUR base (Noctus) and an enemy just happens to squeeze 1 shot in between a hailstorm of answer rounds to get the kill. Not to mention other members of our team shooting the boss too?

Something tells me this isn’t cut and dry.

> 2533274875982754;10:
> > 2775209234672000;5:
> > > 2586218893181855;4:
> > > It comes down to common sense. If the goal is to kill the boss, it makes sense that the person who delivers the kill shot gets the kill, regardless of how much damage anyone else did.
> >
> > But that’s the point. It doesn’t have to be completely “Regardless”.
> >
> > I agree that landing the killing blow is important which is why I disagree with people who think AI Boss points should be strictly divided by damage dealt, but I think there are two better methods to acknowledge and reward landing that killing blow without creating the frustrations associated with the current method. (1) would be to divide a portion of the points per the damage dealt while still awarding a significant portion of the points to the team that landed the killing blow, or (2) have the teams compete in a race to see who can finish the AI Boss first by giving the Bosses two health bars (one for each team) - earning the kill first would be inline with the goal to kill the boss, right?
>
> The boss credit system works the same way as spartan and AI kills, last shot gets the kill. The reason it is more noticeable is because it can sway the outcome. I am ok with the current system.

You use the term “noticeable”, but I’d probably use “annoying”. Also, I’d add that it’s only “annoying” (to me and perhaps many others) because of the level of the impact paired with the higher levels of randomness that can exist in earning that impact. While I understand the relationship and reference it holds toward earning a Spartan kill within Arena Slayer I think it’s important not to forget that Spartan kills only count as one single point toward a total score and an individual player has much more control over earning that single score point. Where as in Warzone (and specifically the big value bosses) it tends to require a ton of team work, the value is a lot more significant, and there’s plenty of randomness associated with it; plus, what I’d label as cheap tactics, but others may label as legit tactics (btw, I don’t think they’re necessarily mutually exclusive). Again, I don’t mean to point those aspects out as being all “bad” or anything to that nature; in fact, I think requiring significant teamwork and awarding a size-able point value are good things, but they do create enough of a difference between the basic killing of a Spartan in Arena Slayer that I think the reward system and method requires a tweak to make it more balanced and just within the Warzone game-play. But, hey… that’s just me.

> 2535452673736188;2:
> > 2533274851249753;1:
> > This has probably been a complaint since release, but… Why is it a thing that you can do 99.9% of the damage to a boss, but an enemy can accidentally shoot at the final moment and take the kill? It should scale the points based on damage or the team that has the most damage takes the kill, that would make way more sense. It doesn’t make logical sense how someone can have a stray shot take the kill.
>
> Look man, say the enemy team dealed 65-70 percent damage of a mythic boss, then your team triple caps and your team takes down the boss with no enemies shooting at it and you team still loses the game because you say the team takes down the boss with the most damage dealt. Are you going to complain again?
>
> Its logic man, even in real world. I think your the one who lacks of logical sense.

That seemed unnecessarily aggresive…

> 2727626560040591;9:
> This is also an annoying problem in FF. For example, I was using an AA Wraith and literally spamming my rounds into a Mantis boss for like 10 seconds until it died and it said my teammates got the kill.

This happens WAY to often…know how you feel

> 2533274834066497;12:
> > 2586218893181855;4:
> > It comes down to common sense. If the goal is to kill the boss, it makes sense that the person who delivers the kill shot gets the kill, regardless of how much damage anyone else did.
>
> How do you know who really has the kill shot? My mate and I both had Answers and were plugging the final knight boss inside OUR base (Noctus) and an enemy just happens to squeeze 1 shot in between a hailstorm of answer rounds to get the kill. Not to mention other members of our team shooting the boss too?
>
> Something tells me this isn’t cut and dry.

You don’t when the boss’ health gets really, really low. It’s just luck on the enemy’s part that he somehow managed to land the kill shot.

> 2775209234672000;5:
> > 2586218893181855;4:
> > Snip
>
> (2) have the teams compete in a race to see who can finish the AI Boss first by giving the Bosses two health bars (one for each team) - earning the kill first would be inline with the goal to kill the boss, right?

I really like this idea. Bosses would require much more teamwork, and boss battles would be much more 3-way battles between the 3 sides.

> 2586218893181855;16:
> > 2533274834066497;12:
> > > 2586218893181855;4:
> > > It comes down to common sense. If the goal is to kill the boss, it makes sense that the person who delivers the kill shot gets the kill, regardless of how much damage anyone else did.
> >
> > How do you know who really has the kill shot? My mate and I both had Answers and were plugging the final knight boss inside OUR base (Noctus) and an enemy just happens to squeeze 1 shot in between a hailstorm of answer rounds to get the kill. Not to mention other members of our team shooting the boss too?
> >
> > Something tells me this isn’t cut and dry.
>
> You don’t when the boss’ health gets really, really low. It’s just luck on the enemy’s part that he somehow managed to land the kill shot.

Luck? If this then that. Since we can’t see the code we can’t really be sure who has the magic bullet and how they determine the kill shot.

> 2535449682372119;6:

I was never a fan of AI bosses in Warzone having healthbars from the get-go. I always felt it broke immersion to just have the boss’s health blaringly apparent like that. You don’t see healthbars in the campaign, and pretty much every enemy that can be a boss has stages of damage that you can see on the character model as you shoot it. But that’s just me.

> 2533274834066497;12:
> > 2586218893181855;4:
>
> How do you know who really has the kill shot? My mate and I both had Answers and were plugging the final knight boss inside OUR base (Noctus) and an enemy just happens to squeeze 1 shot in between a hailstorm of answer rounds to get the kill. Not to mention other members of our team shooting the boss too?
>
> Something tells me this isn’t cut and dry.

never use an answer or any other type of “gradual” damage weapon if you want to score a kill shot on an important boss. Always use a “burst” damage weapon, like a rocket, arclight, laser, or charged IncinCannon. scorpion or Wraith can also work, but make sure you time your last shot correctly to get the kill. If you use a gradual damage weapon, all the enemy needs is a quick arclight shot from cross map to take it down.