Warthogs

There should be an option to block other players from entering your warthog during Warzone games. I’ve gotten quite good at using the various warthogs in Firefight, jumping back and forth between driver and gunner as needed, and moving the warthog around the map to best attack the AI. The problem is that, inevitably, some other player jumps in while I’m operating the weapon and drives me right to the AI, getting me killed. The other occurrence is that someone jumps in to operate gun leaving me as the driver of my own warthog, gaining no points and reducing the number of attackers on the stronger AI. I know that cooperation is the name of the game but sometimes, the game is better if I can operate my own warthog. Maybe there could be a simple switch that warthog operators could toggle to switch between one spartan mode and mulit-spartan mode. They could always leave the passenger seat open so that teammates could jump in for increased protection when under attack.

You’re not the only one who asked for this idea. it’ll be very difficult to implement though, especially at this point of Halo 5’s life.

I agree. Too bad we can’t get an eject button like the James Bond cars.

My friend, no one likes it when that happens. I feel you, man. I think pulling right trigger can lock the hog? (No Clash Of Clans references)

Never have I heard someone complain about a teamamte getting in their warthog unless they were waiting for a friend to get in it. I guess against Heroic AI in firefight is the only time it would be useful to sit in one place with a warthog. If its a regular warthog you might as well just spawn with a chaingun.

Or when they see that you’re near the edge of the map and use a rocket to knock you and your hog off it sending you to your death…

> 2533274878711918;1:
> There should be an option to block other players from entering your warthog during Warzone games. I’ve gotten quite good at using the various warthogs in Firefight, jumping back and forth between driver and gunner as needed, and moving the warthog around the map to best attack the AI. The problem is that, inevitably, some other player jumps in while I’m operating the weapon and drives me right to the AI, getting me killed. The other occurrence is that someone jumps in to operate gun leaving me as the driver of my own warthog, gaining no points and reducing the number of attackers on the stronger AI. I know that cooperation is the name of the game but sometimes, the game is better if I can operate my own warthog. Maybe there could be a simple switch that warthog operators could toggle to switch between one spartan mode and mulit-spartan mode. They could always leave the passenger seat open so that teammates could jump in for increased protection when under attack.

Sounds like an awful idea, I can see this being annoying…it would end up with players not allowing me to help while the guy drives around aimlessly or getting killed because the player didn’t drive away from the AI quick enough since they were too busy shooting. If you don’t want people in your vehicles while using them then be better to spawn with vehicles that you know only allow 1 person like the ghost. Not sure why anyone would want to stay parked since the player is more likely to get killed…if I see anyone doing this then I will get in the drivers sit and help because it’s a team-based game.

> 2533274840836213;5:
> Never have I heard someone complain about a teamamte getting in their warthog unless they were waiting for a friend to get in it. I guess against Heroic AI in firefight is the only time it would be useful to sit in one place with a warthog. If its a regular warthog you might as well just spawn with a chaingun.

Nah, in firefight most people can’t drive vehicles effectively let alone light armored ones like a warthog. Firefight enemy ai requires a different approach than normal multiplayer. The enemy are more numerous and more resistant than normal multiplayer. Sometimes it is better to shoot from a distance with a stationary warthog than weaving between the enemy ai in firefight.

Although of course in some rounds it is better to have two people. I.e. trying to kill phaetons, boss level banshees, and wraiths

We can only wish

> 2533274878711918;1:
> There should be an option to block other players from entering your warthog during Warzone games. I’ve gotten quite good at using the various warthogs in Firefight, jumping back and forth between driver and gunner as needed, and moving the warthog around the map to best attack the AI. The problem is that, inevitably, some other player jumps in while I’m operating the weapon and drives me right to the AI, getting me killed. The other occurrence is that someone jumps in to operate gun leaving me as the driver of my own warthog, gaining no points and reducing the number of attackers on the stronger AI. I know that cooperation is the name of the game but sometimes, the game is better if I can operate my own warthog. Maybe there could be a simple switch that warthog operators could toggle to switch between one spartan mode and mulit-spartan mode. They could always leave the passenger seat open so that teammates could jump in for increased protection when under attack.

Nah, while I have had the same thing happen, people driving to a quick death or people shoting at birds or such, if I see them doing as you, I’ll leave them be unless it’s indicated by them that they want someone to shoot or drive.
But if they get shot off it, and I come across it on foot, I can hop in it and keep that piece of equipment in use in the game instead of losing it. if it’s blocked/locked then it’s just a piece of junk that could have helped win the game.

I am very good with warthogs, diving and gunning. I find that I am almost always better than whoever joins the warthog with me so it is very frustrating. I have had very rare games though where someone who is pretty skilled jumped in with me but those have definitely been outliers.