Warthogs, Warthogs & Warthogs - Warzone FF

Picture this: I’m in my warthog strategically positioned just out of range of the bad boss’s radar. From this vantage position, I am firing away at the bad guys without being fired upon. Then a fellow spartan comes along, jumps into the warthog and starts driving me towards the bad guys! You know, the gunner always bites the bullet first. With one incineration blast from a mythic knight, I’m blown to pieces - before fading away to the respawn dimension, I could still see the ‘helpful’ spartan driving away in my warthog!

Questions
How do you like your warthogs, for those of you that use it. Do you like driving or gunning?
How do you use your warthogs? driving recklessly into enemies or gunning from a distance?
How are score points allocated for driver/gunner? does the driver get any points when the gunner kills?

And that is precisely why I always jump into the driver seat and drive away when I see someone coming in my direction. 9 times out of 10, that random is only out to do one thing, get you killed. It is rare that someone who jumps into your vehicle is actually concerned about the gunner.

In any case, the driver does get points since they get credited for assists. Not as much as getting kills, but at least they get something. I don’t think it used to be like that. I’m pretty sure the driver used to not get credit for anything the gunner did.

> 2586218893181855;2:
> And that is precisely why I always jump into the driver seat and drive away when I see someone coming in my direction. 9 times out of 10, that random is only out to do one thing, get you killed. It is rare that someone who jumps into your vehicle is actually concerned about the gunner.
>
> In any case, the driver does get points since they get credited for assists. Not as much as getting kills, but at least they get something. I don’t think it used to be like that. I’m pretty sure the driver used to not get credit for anything the gunner did.

Do you think that random spartan does it with malicious intent or they’re just reckless?

i used to try and use warthogs they had their applications of use for certain early rounds which would be basically useless with assault rifles especially if round 1 was one of those broken ones where no one at all gets higher than req 2 so a hog could make or break the match to get through to round 3.

but having random players be able to come along get in and drive me to my death became too much, I sell every warthog i get, and get immensely frustrated when i pile up a bunch of them from random vehicle reqs. If i could lock them so no one else could enter I’d probably use them again but for now on games like banshee bosses on round 2 at apex 7, i just hide and deal with ground forces because shooting at them with an assault rifle for no credit, or shooting at them with an assault rifle then getting 1 shotted for no point is well, pointless.

Given that halo 6 is coming though theres virtually no chance of a toggle of sorts for these vehicle types either.

PS i dont like when people board my gungooses either because i cease to have a LOS on targets - all i can see from that point on is the passengers back

Unless that person driving is someone I know, I won’t allow them to drive. If I see someone coming my way, I will drive off. I don’t trust any randoms when it comes to vehicles.

Something like it happened on Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Unearthed. The moment I got in the gunner position, the driver decided it would be fun to try and splatter the Covenant. The result was three or four plasma explosions and a fuel rod cannon on our vehicle.

It’s always malicious intent. The real reason doesn’t matter to me. Every spartan should know that if you’re parked in a position to lay into an enemy with your guns, they shouldn’t come and drive you to your deaths.

I forgot to mention, that if a spartan does manage to get into my vehicle before I can swap seats, I usually abandon it as they are almost always going to drive straight into the boss that can’t be run over.

> 2586218893181855;6:
> It’s always malicious intent. The real reason doesn’t matter to me. Every spartan should know that if you’re parked in a position to lay into an enemy with your guns, they shouldn’t come and drive you to your deaths.
>
> I forgot to mention, that if a spartan does manage to get into my vehicle before I can swap seats, I usually abandon it as they are almost always going to drive straight into the boss that can’t be run over.

I think that’s what I’ll do as well, abandon the warthog before i’m blown to pieces.

> 2533274823140546;4:
> i used to try and use warthogs they had their applications of use for certain early rounds which would be basically useless with assault rifles especially if round 1 was one of those broken ones where no one at all gets higher than req 2 so a hog could make or break the match to get through to round 3.
>
> but having random players be able to come along get in and drive me to my death became too much, I sell every warthog i get, and get immensely frustrated when i pile up a bunch of them from random vehicle reqs. If i could lock them so no one else could enter I’d probably use them again but for now on games like banshee bosses on round 2 at apex 7, i just hide and deal with ground forces because shooting at them with an assault rifle for no credit, or shooting at them with an assault rifle then getting 1 shotted for no point is well, pointless.
>
> Given that halo 6 is coming though theres virtually no chance of a toggle of sorts for these vehicle types either.
>
> PS i dont like when people board my gungooses either because i cease to have a LOS on targets - all i can see from that point on is the passengers back

i rarely use gungooses (or gungeese) - they offer no protection for the rider

unfortunately, I have so many warthogs, mongooses & gungooses - which i don’t really like to use. If only I can buy or exchange what I have for specific vehicles!

> 2535447452656740;1:
> Questions
> How do you like your warthogs, for those of you that use it. Do you like driving or gunning?
> How do you use your warthogs? driving recklessly into enemies or gunning from a distance?
> How are score points allocated for driver/gunner? does the driver get any points when the gunner kills?

• I usually like to gun but many of the people who play this game don’t seem to be good drivers. When I drive I make sure that I die before my gunner, unless they can’t kill anyone. - Warthogs aren’t really my style, I’m more of a Scorpion guy. When I use Warthogs I guess I do a little of both. I only drive into enemies when I know they have weapons that can’t really hurt me. - I have no idea. I don’t use Warthogs in Warzone only BTB and customs.

> 2535447452656740;3:
> > 2586218893181855;2:
> > And that is precisely why I always jump into the driver seat and drive away when I see someone coming in my direction. 9 times out of 10, that random is only out to do one thing, get you killed. It is rare that someone who jumps into your vehicle is actually concerned about the gunner.
> >
> > In any case, the driver does get points since they get credited for assists. Not as much as getting kills, but at least they get something. I don’t think it used to be like that. I’m pretty sure the driver used to not get credit for anything the gunner did.
>
> Do you think that random spartan does it with malicious intent or they’re just reckless?

It’s both. They really don’t like it when you return the favor and steal their ride that they drew themselves after getting blown up in the one that they stole from us. Karma is wonderful.

When I play with a good friend, I let him gun so he can get the kills. All I do then is make sure that I am doing my job to keep him from getting nailed. Other than that I prefer setting up far from harm and gunning what I drew for ME and ME alone.

I particularly hate drawing a hog and getting it set up to gun myself, only for some worthless player going insane trying their insanely worst to get in. Can’t they take the hint? Even when the driver drives off to another spot, see’s them trying to still insist on getting in, and taking off again? At which part is this still a team based game if some fool is being stubbornly petty that it’s now taking two Spartans out of the fight because he/she/it cannot refrain from being a clown??

Then there’s the scout hogs but only on round one. Oh I how I loathe anyone that gets in one and basically removes all teamwork by being selfish. We all need the same requisite to by the way. Nothing say s a blue falcon more than a selfish clown ramming through his team because of a splatter lust. The game is just more enjoyable working as a team eating away at the boss’s shields. Plus we all get the credit, something else positive because we all get the points to advance closer to the top tier weapons and vehicles.

ETA: I particularly hate those hog drivers that break your shields in their rush to get a gunner to which gets you killed easier, or come up blocking you from what you were doing, hoping to get your attention to get in and gun. They are always the ones that like to drive straight to your dooms too with those that do get in. I spartan bash when able, hopefully they will get the hint and stop griefing me.

Driving is a lot of fun and probably my favorite thing to do in WZFF and maybe Halo in general.

I don’t bother with Warthogs except in round one to run over the boss.

> 2535422587948770;11:
> When I play with a good friend, I let him gun so he can get the kills. All I do then is make sure that I am doing my job to keep him from getting nailed. Other than that I prefer setting up far from harm and gunning what I drew for ME and ME alone.
>
> I particularly hate drawing a hog and getting it set up to gun myself, only for some worthless player going insane trying their insanely worst to get in. Can’t they take the hint? Even when the driver drives off to another spot, see’s them trying to still insist on getting in, and taking off again? At which part is this still a team based game if some fool is being stubbornly petty that it’s now taking two Spartans out of the fight because he/she/it cannot refrain from being a clown??
>
> Then there’s the scout hogs but only on round one. Oh I how I loathe anyone that gets in one and basically removes all teamwork by being selfish. We all need the same requisite to by the way. Nothing say s a blue falcon more than a selfish clown ramming through his team because of a splatter lust. The game is just more enjoyable working as a team eating away at the boss’s shields. Plus we all get the credit, something else positive because we all get the points to advance closer to the top tier weapons and vehicles.
>
> ETA: I particularly hate those hog drivers that break your shields in their rush to get a gunner to which gets you killed easier, or come up blocking you from what you were doing, hoping to get your attention to get in and gun. They are always the ones that like to drive straight to your dooms too with those that do get in. I spartan bash when able, hopefully they will get the hint and stop griefing me.

there’s nothing more insensitive than driving a scouthog into an enclosed place and splattering your team mates along with the enemies.

There are some maps that have good & open space for driving such as Sanctum, Stormbreak.

Talking about insensitivity, there are others that run you over at the end of the round for no reason!

> 2533274804649077;12:
> Driving is a lot of fun and probably my favorite thing to do in WZFF and maybe Halo in general.

I enjoy driving a lot as well. ghost is my favourite because of its speed.

> 2535447452656740;14:
> > 2535422587948770;11:
> > When I play with a good friend, I let him gun so he can get the kills. All I do then is make sure that I am doing my job to keep him from getting nailed. Other than that I prefer setting up far from harm and gunning what I drew for ME and ME alone.
> >
> > I particularly hate drawing a hog and getting it set up to gun myself, only for some worthless player going insane trying their insanely worst to get in. Can’t they take the hint? Even when the driver drives off to another spot, see’s them trying to still insist on getting in, and taking off again? At which part is this still a team based game if some fool is being stubbornly petty that it’s now taking two Spartans out of the fight because he/she/it cannot refrain from being a clown??
> >
> > Then there’s the scout hogs but only on round one. Oh I how I loathe anyone that gets in one and basically removes all teamwork by being selfish. We all need the same requisite to by the way. Nothing say s a blue falcon more than a selfish clown ramming through his team because of a splatter lust. The game is just more enjoyable working as a team eating away at the boss’s shields. Plus we all get the credit, something else positive because we all get the points to advance closer to the top tier weapons and vehicles.
> >
> > ETA: I particularly hate those hog drivers that break your shields in their rush to get a gunner to which gets you killed easier, or come up blocking you from what you were doing, hoping to get your attention to get in and gun. They are always the ones that like to drive straight to your dooms too with those that do get in. I spartan bash when able, hopefully they will get the hint and stop griefing me.
>
> there’s nothing more insensitive than driving a scouthog into an enclosed place and splattering your team mates along with the enemies.
>
> There are some maps that have good & open space for driving such as Sanctum, Stormbreak.
>
> Talking about insensitivity, there are others that run you over at the end of the round for no reason!

a guy betrayed me at the end of a game once, it came up with the betray boot and I wont lie. I hit yes… he got no xp or req points for the match, just a nice DNF

As for gungoose, there is a tiny handfull of firefight specific applications where its quite powerful. Apex 7 has a knight heavy round in which i can use a gungoose to devastating effect, on arc there is a very rare round to kill some hunter bosses, the gungoose again has a great value there siting in a spot outside most enemy line of sights but able to shoot over said obstacles and hit the bosses + general trash mobs. Also on apex, to a lesser degree the 4 hunters on the beach if most of the team is in their own vehicles I can sit in the cave shooting at the bosses outside hitting the top of their armour spines. They cant even see me but im hitting them. Though thats easily the worst for getting a sudden passenger, its really hard and precise to nail the shot, and if i cant see anything but a players back, it becomes useless

> 2533274823140546;16:
> > 2535447452656740;14:
> > > 2535422587948770;11:
> > > When I play with a good friend, I let him gun so he can get the kills. All I do then is make sure that I am doing my job to keep him from getting nailed. Other than that I prefer setting up far from harm and gunning what I drew for ME and ME alone.
> > >
> > > I particularly hate drawing a hog and getting it set up to gun myself, only for some worthless player going insane trying their insanely worst to get in. Can’t they take the hint? Even when the driver drives off to another spot, see’s them trying to still insist on getting in, and taking off again? At which part is this still a team based game if some fool is being stubbornly petty that it’s now taking two Spartans out of the fight because he/she/it cannot refrain from being a clown??
> > >
> > > Then there’s the scout hogs but only on round one. Oh I how I loathe anyone that gets in one and basically removes all teamwork by being selfish. We all need the same requisite to by the way. Nothing say s a blue falcon more than a selfish clown ramming through his team because of a splatter lust. The game is just more enjoyable working as a team eating away at the boss’s shields. Plus we all get the credit, something else positive because we all get the points to advance closer to the top tier weapons and vehicles.
> > >
> > > ETA: I particularly hate those hog drivers that break your shields in their rush to get a gunner to which gets you killed easier, or come up blocking you from what you were doing, hoping to get your attention to get in and gun. They are always the ones that like to drive straight to your dooms too with those that do get in. I spartan bash when able, hopefully they will get the hint and stop griefing me.
> >
> > there’s nothing more insensitive than driving a scouthog into an enclosed place and splattering your team mates along with the enemies.
> >
> > There are some maps that have good & open space for driving such as Sanctum, Stormbreak.
> >
> > Talking about insensitivity, there are others that run you over at the end of the round for no reason!
>
> a guy betrayed me at the end of a game once, it came up with the betray boot and I wont lie. I hit yes… he got no xp or req points for the match, just a nice DNF
>
> As for gungoose, there is a tiny handfull of firefight specific applications where its quite powerful. Apex 7 has a knight heavy round in which i can use a gungoose to devastating effect, on arc there is a very rare round to kill some hunter bosses, the gungoose again has a great value there siting in a spot outside most enemy line of sights but able to shoot over said obstacles and hit the bosses + general trash mobs. Also on apex, to a lesser degree the 4 hunters on the beach if most of the team is in their own vehicles I can sit in the cave shooting at the bosses outside hitting the top of their armour spines. They cant even see me but im hitting them. Though thats easily the worst for getting a sudden passenger, its really hard and precise to nail the shot, and if i cant see anything but a players back, it becomes useless

I think I know that Escape from ARC instance. I got a gungoose from random vehicle REQ and parked on the right most end away from their radar, and just kept unleashing the cannons at the hunters and the covenant guys

> 2535447452656740;14:
> > 2535422587948770;11:
> > When I play with a good friend, I let him gun so he can get the kills. All I do then is make sure that I am doing my job to keep him from getting nailed. Other than that I prefer setting up far from harm and gunning what I drew for ME and ME alone.
> >
> > I particularly hate drawing a hog and getting it set up to gun myself, only for some worthless player going insane trying their insanely worst to get in. Can’t they take the hint? Even when the driver drives off to another spot, see’s them trying to still insist on getting in, and taking off again? At which part is this still a team based game if some fool is being stubbornly petty that it’s now taking two Spartans out of the fight because he/she/it cannot refrain from being a clown??
> >
> > Then there’s the scout hogs but only on round one. Oh I how I loathe anyone that gets in one and basically removes all teamwork by being selfish. We all need the same requisite to by the way. Nothing say s a blue falcon more than a selfish clown ramming through his team because of a splatter lust. The game is just more enjoyable working as a team eating away at the boss’s shields. Plus we all get the credit, something else positive because we all get the points to advance closer to the top tier weapons and vehicles.
> >
> > ETA: I particularly hate those hog drivers that break your shields in their rush to get a gunner to which gets you killed easier, or come up blocking you from what you were doing, hoping to get your attention to get in and gun. They are always the ones that like to drive straight to your dooms too with those that do get in. I spartan bash when able, hopefully they will get the hint and stop griefing me.
>
> there’s nothing more insensitive than driving a scouthog into an enclosed place and splattering your team mates along with the enemies.
>
> There are some maps that have good & open space for driving such as Sanctum, Stormbreak.
>
> Talking about insensitivity, there are others that run you over at the end of the round for no reason!

Could you at least refrain from even those maps until round 2, so we all can get a chance? Games are literally being lost because everyone else isn’t defending trying to catch to up to the splatter crazed fools that racked up high kill counts.

ETA: This exact scenario just happened all over again and the map was from Escape from the ARC. Dude got a hog, splattered everything, high 30’s. Ended up losing the game because nobody wanted to defend the garage because they all wanted kills so they could get nice things too. The hero in the hog from round 1? Stealing their kills as well. That guy is why we need to have the block feature enabled.

> 2533274823140546;16:
> > 2535447452656740;14:
> > > 2535422587948770;11:
> > > When I play with a good friend, I let him gun so he can get the kills. All I do then is make sure that I am doing my job to keep him from getting nailed. Other than that I prefer setting up far from harm and gunning what I drew for ME and ME alone.
> > >
> > > I particularly hate drawing a hog and getting it set up to gun myself, only for some worthless player going insane trying their insanely worst to get in. Can’t they take the hint? Even when the driver drives off to another spot, see’s them trying to still insist on getting in, and taking off again? At which part is this still a team based game if some fool is being stubbornly petty that it’s now taking two Spartans out of the fight because he/she/it cannot refrain from being a clown??
> > >
> > > Then there’s the scout hogs but only on round one. Oh I how I loathe anyone that gets in one and basically removes all teamwork by being selfish. We all need the same requisite to by the way. Nothing say s a blue falcon more than a selfish clown ramming through his team because of a splatter lust. The game is just more enjoyable working as a team eating away at the boss’s shields. Plus we all get the credit, something else positive because we all get the points to advance closer to the top tier weapons and vehicles.
> > >
> > > ETA: I particularly hate those hog drivers that break your shields in their rush to get a gunner to which gets you killed easier, or come up blocking you from what you were doing, hoping to get your attention to get in and gun. They are always the ones that like to drive straight to your dooms too with those that do get in. I spartan bash when able, hopefully they will get the hint and stop griefing me.
> >
> > there’s nothing more insensitive than driving a scouthog into an enclosed place and splattering your team mates along with the enemies.
> >
> > There are some maps that have good & open space for driving such as Sanctum, Stormbreak.
> >
> > Talking about insensitivity, there are others that run you over at the end of the round for no reason!
>
> he gungoose again has a great value there siting in a spot outside most enemy line of sights but able to shoot over said obstacles and hit the bosses + general trash mobs. Also on apex, to a lesser degree the 4 hunters on the beach if most of the team is in their own vehicles I can sit in the cave shooting at the bosses outside hitting the top of their armour spines. They cant even see me but im hitting them. Though thats easily the worst for getting a sudden passenger, its really hard and precise to nail the shot, and if i cant see anything but a players back, it becomes useless

^^ that right there is what I call team work, using overwatch to help the team from a DISTANCE to achieve the mission oriented goals of beating the enemy and their bosses for the round.

I’ve seen those fools do the same with scorpions too. Either they’re doing it deliberately because they want to grief you, or because they’re as sharp as a pancake; lights are on but nobodies home.

> 2586218893181855;2:
> And that is precisely why I always jump into the driver seat and drive away when I see someone coming in my direction. 9 times out of 10, that random is only out to do one thing, get you killed. It is rare that someone who jumps into your vehicle is actually concerned about the gunner.
>
> In any case, the driver does get points since they get credited for assists. Not as much as getting kills, but at least they get something. I don’t think it used to be like that. I’m pretty sure the driver used to not get credit for anything the gunner did.

I thought I was the only one who did this, I also will detonate my own vehicle. When your ONI Gauss Hog is getting destroyed because your teammates Crazy Taxi skills urges him to try to splatter everything, it’s hard not to get angry.