warthogs S U C K

Seriously, if they aren’t given some more strength I will NEVER get into another one. Basically I die instantly whenever I get in one. It is a DEATH TRAP, a rolling multikill for the other team.

If it’s a Default Turret Warthog, then you’ll have problems.

But, if it’s the other two? It’s the other way around. :smiley:

Some of the warthog drivers are more of an issue.

> Seriously, if they aren’t given some more strength I will NEVER get into another one. Basically I die instantly whenever I get in one. It is a DEATH TRAP, a rolling multikill for the other team.

Then get in the Gauss hog.

I am just frustrated overall with the vehicles in this game. Everyone can spawn with two, three plasma grenades and a plasma pistol. This game is a nightmare for vehicles that aren’t the ghost, mantis, and gauss hog.

Most warthog drivers are horrible. Common noobular mistakes I frequently see:

• Driving way too close to enemies or hiding spots
  • Driver slows down too much or stops the warthog when enemies are around (tip: generally the driver should always keep the truck moving!)
  • Driver being way too aggressively in general
  • No one on warthog has Operator perk

depends on the level. but for the most part it is hard to rack up kills in standard hog.

i still have fun in them though. nothing like loading up a hog and getting some road trips. still laugh every single time i hear it.

Even the ghost has issues, people can just about kill it by throwing rocks at it. Too many plasmas is a lot of the problem.

I played Halo 3 the other day and had an absolutely horrible driver. He kept driving me too close or too far from the enemy, and kept backing up the sand dunes on Sandbox making it harder for me to aim.

Somehow, I managed to not die once and go +16 or so in that game.

If I were to hop into a game of Halo 4, with the same skilled people, then the results would be completely different. Anyone can take out a Warthog single-handed in 4, in 3 you needed to use teamwork or power weapons to take it down.

I’ve seen people say the Warthog must’ve been terribly OP and that it shouldn’t be changed in Halo 4. However, had the enemy team been smarter and used their Chopper or Warthog against ours then they would’ve taken us out.

I enjoyed it better when vehicles were tougher and required teamwork and skill to take down, even the rockets in 3 weren’t easy to use! As Halo 4 stands, it is a huge step back in promoting teamwork, along with other issues.

> Some of the warthog drivers are more of an issue.

I find this is way more common although I dont seem to get as much life out of a hog as I used to.

people keep saying “Drive better” but the chances are, the few good warthog drivers are the ones complaining

the morons that just go on splatter sprees probably don’t use vehicles that much, and thus, wouldn’t care about how the warthog really is

plasma grenades need to be removed from loadouts,
any argument against it, in all honesty, is invalid

the sounding of the warthog suck

> I played Halo 3 the other day and had an absolutely horrible driver. He kept driving me too close or too far from the enemy, and kept backing up the sand dunes on Sandbox making it harder for me to aim.
>
> Somehow, I managed to not die once and go +16 or so in that game.
>
> If I were to hop into a game of Halo 4, with the same skilled people, then the results would be completely different. Anyone can take out a Warthog single-handed in 4, in 3 you needed to use teamwork or power weapons to take it down.
>
> I’ve seen people say the Warthog must’ve been terribly OP and that it shouldn’t be changed in Halo 4. However, had the enemy team been smarter and used their Chopper or Warthog against ours then they would’ve taken us out.
>
> I enjoyed it better when vehicles were tougher and required teamwork and skill to take down, even the rockets in 3 weren’t easy to use! As Halo 4 stands, it is a huge step back in promoting teamwork, along with other issues.

Absolutely true. Any vehicle needs to be looked at as a major threat to your team, not a double or triple kill waiting to happen.

> people keep saying “Drive better” but the chances are, the few good warthog drivers are the ones complaining
>
> the morons that just go on splatter sprees probably don’t use vehicles that much, and thus, wouldn’t care about how the warthog really is
>
>
> plasma grenades need to be removed from loadouts,
> any argument against it, in all honesty, is invalid

YES I completely agree. That would solve so many problems!

yep, there a deathtrap

I have a massively successful thread on the warthog, you should check it out :wink:

Too weak, yeah.

> Seriously, if they aren’t given some more strength I will NEVER get into another one. Basically I die instantly whenever I get in one. It is a DEATH TRAP, a rolling multikill for the other team.

And like Halo REACH the Turret guns in Halo 4 do little damage.

The Worthog and Gun Turrets in Halo 3 were to be feared. This was lost in REACH and has carried over to Halo 4.

The Worthog and Turrets need to more damage and players should have similar reaction to seeing the normal Worthog as they do when they see the Guasshog.

With the new TU, this should be possible, tweak the guns to do same damage as Halo 3, if they become too OP, just reduce slightly.

Can we at least try this 343?