Warthogs are completely useless

This has really pissed me off because whenever I get into a Warthog in any seat I easily get shot out of it going any speed. Like wtf I don’t remember it being this easy. I never get into warthogs anymore because it’s more like a disadvantage now than an advantage. Its impossible to get any kills when you’re driving into a group of guys, in BTB or Warzone, with any precision weapon. Even Suppressors are an easy kill against a gunner. And on the other side I’ve shot people out of warthogs with ease. Has anyone else experienced this?

I’ve gotten 40+ kills just being a gunner…

You just have to have smart drivers but sadly those are very few it seems.

> 2533274816788253;3:
> You just have to have smart drivers but sadly those are very few it seems.

True. I absolutely rage over how stupid some people can be at driving. Who would be think to drive into a scorpion and just stop?

The gunner needs more protection I’d say.

It all depends on the driver, in a BTB game my gunner got 23 kills only dying once when we flipped over

Say that again!
How about an untouchable in warzone with the ONI rocket hog?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-gb/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/warzone/matches/a67c5ad6-60e7-4f51-84ac-cd477ddaca17/players/erickyboo?gameHistoryMatchIndex=6&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

> 2533274924417106;1:
> This has really pissed me off because whenever I get into a Warthog in any seat I easily get shot out of it going any speed. Like wtf I don’t remember it being this easy. I never get into warthogs anymore because it’s more like a disadvantage now than an advantage. Its impossible to get any kills when you’re driving into a group of guys, in BTB or Warzone, with any precision weapon. Even Suppressors are an easy kill against a gunner. And on the other side I’ve shot people out of warthogs with ease. Has anyone else experienced this?

The fault lies not in the hog, but in ourselves. A good driver and a decent gunner can be near immortal.

It’s better to have someone you’re in a party with as Warthog driver than some random guy. Communication is important when operating a vehicle which requires more than one person to be of use.

I think the issue a lot of the time actually isn’t so much to do with bad drivers and bad gunners, we’ve always had those in all Halos, but the maps in H5 are so poorly set up for hogs that it renders them extremely difficult to use very effectively. Getting an untouchable with a rocket hog is awesome, you have nothing but my respect, but I can’t help but feel the splash damage from the rockets helped you out a lot. Not because I think you’re a poor shot, but because there is such a ridiculous amount of arbitrary cover and obstacles on every map. There are no decent circuits for fast vehicles to dominate such as there were on maps like Sandtrap, Avalanche and Rat’s Nest (I’m not good with map names other than H3, I’m sure you can think of your own examples!). The only one that’s close is on the Warzone map Noctus, but even that has pointless and absurd obstacles and cover along the road. Just my thoughts on the matter anyway. I always loved driving, still do to an extent, but I far preferred other maps for it than I see in H5

Warthogs. They can tank a fuel rod round and keep going. Crash into one grunt and explode violently

When in doubt as a gunner…switch to passenger… It’s saved me many times lol

Warthogs are great! Problem is people dont know how to drive.
Give the gunner time to kill people!
Also don’t jump into my gauss hog please.
Also with rocket hog shoot where they were and are going to not where they are, that is how you use that thing.

I like that the gunner isn’t invincible, but maybe having some more protection would make them more fun to kill and also to play as. Side note, most drivers don’t know how to deal with all the random junk in the roads or how to find a route.

I think you know me and my driver. Team BSKR.

I have been using warthogs solo in warzone and getting 7+ splatters, driving for over 5 minutes because its almost impossible to kill a good driver with low level reqs.
Gunners will die, but they should be taking a few of the enemy with them. A warthog can sit on a grenade and not even injure the driver. It’s all about maneuvering, and not over extending so that your gunner is never taking shots from more than 2 people.

I use to drive Warthogs all the time, I was the driver of team… still am, but lately doing a lot of Solo games due to the fact my friends are doing exams again

When I drive, unless we are stuck or something, we get a lot kills done.

More on my old account though, this account has just been for H5

> 2533274861074099;13:
> When in doubt as a gunner…switch to passenger… It’s saved me many times lol

^
When health gets low…switch…saved me numerous times

You need a drive who keeps distance from enemies. Also some of the maps aren’t wide open enough like in past Halo games to make them as good I feel also