Warthog Upgrade Idea

So I know this is impossible for Halo 5, but maybe they can incorporate it into Halo 6.

As you all know, the gunner for a warthog in Halo 5 is extremely vulnerable compared to past Halo’s. I was thinking they could possibly add an armor shell the gunner steps in, and as he takes more damage the shell breaks off and he becomes as vulnerable as he is now.

Another idea I had was a retractable door for the driver and or passenger. By this I mean, a door that opens and falls down like a ramp on the ground (something simple for spartans to run up and close behind them as they hop in. They can be fenced as well so a properly placed sniper shot can still have a chance to take either one out. All other weapons would just gradually cause them to become damaged and then fall off.

How about just fixing the hitboxes so that the Spartan’s head is covered by the turret blast shield when they are facing targets head-on. Or on shielded variants allow the vehicle’s shield to extend to the gunner as well.

it is kinda silly how exposed the head is, even from the front of the gunner

If you’ve ever been harassed by a warthog in a match between two hardcore warzone teams, you’d know why it doesn’t protect them

Look seriously, I just want the spectre back.

> 2533274808397710;2:
> How about just fixing the hitboxes so that the Spartan’s head is covered by the turret blast shield when they are facing targets head-on. Or on shielded variants allow the vehicle’s shield to extend to the gunner as well.

^

Just make the turret protect the gunner a little more like it used to in every other Halo game.

> 2533274803759328;1:
> So I know this is impossible for Halo 5, but maybe they can incorporate it into Halo 6.
>
> As you all know, the gunner for a warthog in Halo 5 is extremely vulnerable compared to past Halo’s. I was thinking they could possibly add an armor shell the gunner steps in, and as he takes more damage the shell breaks off and he becomes as vulnerable as he is now.
>
> Another idea I had was a retractable door for the driver and or passenger. By this I mean, a door that opens and falls down like a ramp on the ground (something simple for spartans to run up and close behind them as they hop in. They can be fenced as well so a properly placed sniper shot can still have a chance to take either one out. All other weapons would just gradually cause them to become damaged and then fall off.

Love this idea would be cool to see

Im just tired of getting shot out of the turret…

never use Warthogs. You just get sniped out the seat.