Warthog Tweak

@343, why did you tweak the driving experience with the warthog in MCC? Specifically Halo 3? It’s beyond terrible! It used to be smooth. Now, shots from AR, BR etc, significantly slow the speed and jack up the handling. What was the point of this change?? Please revert to real H3 warthog.

Absolutely agree!! 343, why tweak something that has been fantastic for so long. Please revert the warthog back to its original settings. Not being able to drive while getting shot in an armored vehicle is absolutely stupid. Horrible horrible tweak. We want the old warthog back. In its current state its useless and not fun.

> 2533274945473142;1:
> @343, why did you tweak the driving experience with the warthog in MCC? Specifically Halo 3? It’s beyond terrible! It used to be smooth. Now, shots from AR, BR etc, significantly slow the speed and jack up the handling. What was the point of this change?? Please revert to real H3 warthog.

> 2533274909299096;2:
> Absolutely agree!! 343, why tweak something that has been fantastic for so long. Please revert the warthog back to its original settings. Not being able to drive while getting shot in an armored vehicle is absolutely stupid. Horrible horrible tweak. We want the old warthog back. In its current state its useless and not fun.

343i haven’t actually changed the physics of the Warthog at all.

This problem actually stems a lot deeper than you may think.
The problem essentially was created due to the higher FPS that Halo 3 is now running at. With Halo 3 also using projectile based weapons it means that these projectiles are essentially moving at a faster frame speed and having more kinetic impact.

This was also part of the problem a few years ago with the Halo 3 BR hit registration too. It took a long time to fix that and get it working, I imagine fixing the vehicles response to being shot at by the BR would also be a lengthy fix. Im fact I’m sure this Warthog physics “change” came alongside the BR fix - coincidence, I think not.

Its a very weird issue but not something that’s easily fixed without going deep into the physics and performance of the game.
It’s easy to forget that this isn’t the same version of Halo 3 we were playing on Xbox 360, a lot has changed on the back end that can cause these types of issues.