Warthog turrets need to be able to be detached

Would be a great to sabotage and or just salvage weapons of a warthog. When it’s destroyed and or just for the fun of it

Well, if the Warthog is destroyed, I’m pretty sure the turret is a burning pile of junk as well, so what would there be to salvage? Also, a Warthog without a turret is just a Scouthog. Still very usable, and perhaps far more humiliating to be run over by a Scouthog than gunned down by a Warthog turret. So the joke’s on you when you get run down by the Warthog you just jacked a turret from.

Mhm. But you can kill the warthog from the turret you ripped it off from and sit on a high rock or something and just kill it right back.

I wouldn’t want that. Imagine just spawning a Warthog in WZ/FF and then your teammate gets in the gunner position on their own and immediately detaches it. Now you’re stuck with a useless Scout Hog if you have enemies that you can’t splatter and a wasted REQ.

Maybe it would be okay if you could get it from salvage, but it kind of defeats the purpose of blowing the Warthog up.

What if the driver can allow it to be detached or can detach it from the driver seat only.

One problem. Oni warthog is req level 3. Oni chain gun is 5. Destroying your own warthog to get that turret in the first 2 minutes or of regular warzone would be dog.
There’s also the sword needler warthog, less effective than blood of suban.

> 2586218893181855;2:
> Well, if the Warthog is destroyed, I’m pretty sure the turret is a burning pile of junk as well, so what would there be to salvage? Also, a Warthog without a turret is just a Scouthog. Still very usable, and perhaps far more humiliating to be run over by a Scouthog than gunned down by a Warthog turret. So the joke’s on you when you get run down by the Warthog you just jacked a turret from.

Oh yeah, I remember in Halo 2 when a Warthog was blown up, the turret would explode a moment later, with the force to kill a nearby player by itself.

On-topic - I’m not completely against the idea, but some balancing of REQ levels would need to be incorporated, because as JohnDang55 said, people could just exploit the system to get an ONI chaingun early.

> 2533274859875268;7:
> > 2586218893181855;2:
> > Well, if the Warthog is destroyed, I’m pretty sure the turret is a burning pile of junk as well, so what would there be to salvage? Also, a Warthog without a turret is just a Scouthog. Still very usable, and perhaps far more humiliating to be run over by a Scouthog than gunned down by a Warthog turret. So the joke’s on you when you get run down by the Warthog you just jacked a turret from.
>
> Oh yeah, I remember in Halo 2 when a Warthog was blown up, the turret would explode a moment later, with the force to kill a nearby player by itself.
>
> On-topic - I’m not completely against the idea, but some balancing of REQ levels would need to be incorporated, because as JohnDang55 said, people could just exploit the system to get an ONI chaingun early.

Yea exactly that’s what would make things interesting, but it would be best to leave it on the hog until the hogs on fire. and about to blow so you can still fight with the gun at like a armoury as a last ditch effort, we could even make it so that vehicle has to be badly damaged to even tear it off. Would make sense too that only when its damaged it easily comes off

It makes sense lore wise, not for in game matchmaking use though. Instead I would like the ability to stand on the back of a scout hog whilst mounting a chaingun like what Jorge did when on the spade in Reach.

Could be a cool custom game concept, but in matchmaking it’s better off without it

Why is that a need? Most times when you destroy a warthog in the explosion of the warthog, the turret also gets destroyed

> 2533274971565732;11:
> Why is that a need? Most times when you destroy a warthog in the explosion of the warthog, the turret also gets destroyed

There’s actually this rare glitch I’ve encountered a long while back.

When my Warthog was taking damage during Firefight, it appeared that the turret itself got blown off as I saw it rolling along the ground, although it appeared to be intact on my Warthog. Despite this, the actual turret on the vehicle itself stopped working and it became a weird triple-seater Scout Hog. As for the turret rolling along the ground…it worked exactly the same as a normal detached turret. It was fully-loaded too.

I have yet to encounter this glitch afterwards.

> 2535429593088083;12:
> > 2533274971565732;11:
> > Why is that a need? Most times when you destroy a warthog in the explosion of the warthog, the turret also gets destroyed
>
> There’s actually this rare glitch I’ve encountered a long while back.
>
> When my Warthog was taking damage during Firefight, it appeared that the turret itself got blown off as I saw it rolling along the ground, although it appeared to be intact on my Warthog. Despite this, the actual turret on the vehicle itself stopped working and it became a weird triple-seater Scout Hog. As for the turret rolling along the ground…it worked exactly the same as a normal detached turret. It was fully-loaded too.
>
> I have yet to encounter this glitch afterwards.

In Halo 2 or 3 you could ‘destroy’ (or maybe find) a warthog that still had a functioning turret. It looked like just the front half was damaged

I suppose i would be fine with this or the idea OP suggested as long as it was a somewhat rare occurrence. I don’t like the idea of everyone having an ONI, or sword turret at req 3 or just taking one and not even having to spend the req energy

> 2533274971565732;13:
> > 2535429593088083;12:
> > > 2533274971565732;11:
> > > Why is that a need? Most times when you destroy a warthog in the explosion of the warthog, the turret also gets destroyed
> >
> > There’s actually this rare glitch I’ve encountered a long while back.
> >
> > When my Warthog was taking damage during Firefight, it appeared that the turret itself got blown off as I saw it rolling along the ground, although it appeared to be intact on my Warthog. Despite this, the actual turret on the vehicle itself stopped working and it became a weird triple-seater Scout Hog. As for the turret rolling along the ground…it worked exactly the same as a normal detached turret. It was fully-loaded too.
> >
> > I have yet to encounter this glitch afterwards.
>
> In Halo 2 or 3 you could ‘destroy’ (or maybe find) a warthog that still had a functioning turret. It looked like just the front half was damaged
>
> I suppose i would be fine with this or the idea OP suggested as long as it was a somewhat rare occurrence. I don’t like the idea of everyone having an ONI, or sword turret at req 3 or just taking one and not even having to spend the req energy

Perhaps for balance, the turrets ripped off the Warthog should have less ammo than you’d normally get them from the REQ station, but still enough to do some damage.

> 2533274971565732;13:
> > 2535429593088083;12:
> > > 2533274971565732;11:
> > > Why is that a need? Most times when you destroy a warthog in the explosion of the warthog, the turret also gets destroyed
> >
> > There’s actually this rare glitch I’ve encountered a long while back.
> >
> > When my Warthog was taking damage during Firefight, it appeared that the turret itself got blown off as I saw it rolling along the ground, although it appeared to be intact on my Warthog. Despite this, the actual turret on the vehicle itself stopped working and it became a weird triple-seater Scout Hog. As for the turret rolling along the ground…it worked exactly the same as a normal detached turret. It was fully-loaded too.
> >
> > I have yet to encounter this glitch afterwards.
>
> In Halo 2 or 3 you could ‘destroy’ (or maybe find) a warthog that still had a functioning turret. It looked like just the front half was damaged
>
> I suppose i would be fine with this or the idea OP suggested as long as it was a somewhat rare occurrence. I don’t like the idea of everyone having an ONI, or sword turret at req 3 or just taking one and not even having to spend the req energy

I remember seeing one of those in Halo 3, on the Ark in the area where two Prowlers attack you.