Warthog Strategies

I would like to improve my Warthog driving capabilities in Halo 4, in Halo Reach I was a Master with Warthog Driving but in Halo 4 not so much, If you haven’t notice the warthog is much weaker then it’s Earlier counterparts, it use to take quite a few hits say 3-4 clips with a DMR to take out the Warthog, now it takes 1-2 clips, not to mention the ordnance drops and Custom load outs cause now everyone has a plasma Pistol with sticky grenades which makes the Warthog useless these days, even when I have wheel man on my class it does help my much, In my mind the warthog is no longer a Hit and run type of vechicle, instead it is just to pick off those lone wolves that stay away from the main fight, I’ve seen the Gauss Hog used effectively in Exile so I know how to drive that around but the Chain guns I have a problem with that, I want to be able to have good runs of 5 plus kills for my gunner rather than a mere 2-3 before were dead, so can anyone give me some knowledge of how to use the warthogs in the different types of maps

Simple strategy, avoid driving and riding in one and look for the people who are foolish enough to do so for the easy double kill.

Keep driving and stop for nothing unless you are sure that you’ll be safe. Try not to flip and keep an eye on your gunner’s health.

If you do manage to flip, just bail and try to get some cover.

be the blue team on exile.

1. Never go for splatters

2. never be the Gunner…Ever, Halo 4 is full of moronic drivers

3. The LAAG is mean to be used at BR range, keep the warthog at BR range from the enemy

4. Don’t drive at full throttle, doing so will make it easier for people to ambush you by the front, and your Gunner will not have enough time to engage their target

5. If the enemy is Charging you, Drive backwards at an angle to the side, especially if the enemy is Sticky-spamming you

6. Get to love the E-Brake, it can save you a lot of times

7. try not to go though very close-quarters areas, those are warthog traps

8. do not stop driving when your gunner is engaging his/her target

9. don’t let people into the passenger seat unless they have power weapons

some general tips :stuck_out_tongue:

> 1) Never go for splatters
>
> 2) never be the Gunner…Ever, Halo 4 is full of moronic drivers
>
> 3) The LAAG is mean to be used at BR range, keep the warthog at BR range from the enemy
> 4) Don’t drive at full throttle, doing so will make it easier for people to ambush you by the front, and your Gunner will not have enough time to engage their target
>
> 5) If the enemy is Charging you, Drive backwards at an angle to the side, especially if the enemy is Sticky-spamming you
>
> 6) Get to love the E-Brake, it can save you a lot of times
>
> 7) try not to go though very close-quarters areas, those are warthog traps
>
> 8) do not stop driving when your gunner is engaging his/her target
>
> 9) don’t let people into the passenger seat unless they have power weapons
>
>
> some general tips :stuck_out_tongue:

A lot more detailed than me. I bow to thee, master driver.

bows

> > 1) Never go for splatters
> >
> > 2) never be the Gunner…Ever, Halo 4 is full of moronic drivers
> >
> > 3) The LAAG is mean to be used at BR range, keep the warthog at BR range from the enemy
> > 4) Don’t drive at full throttle, doing so will make it easier for people to ambush you by the front, and your Gunner will not have enough time to engage their target
> >
> > 5) If the enemy is Charging you, Drive backwards at an angle to the side, especially if the enemy is Sticky-spamming you
> >
> > 6) Get to love the E-Brake, it can save you a lot of times
> >
> > 7) try not to go though very close-quarters areas, those are warthog traps
> >
> > 8) do not stop driving when your gunner is engaging his/her target
> >
> > 9) don’t let people into the passenger seat unless they have power weapons
> >
> >
> > some general tips :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> A lot more detailed than me. I bow to thee, master driver.
>
> bows

can’t tell if sarcastic

i love driving Warthogs, no matter how useless they have become
it gives me the highest amount of satisfaction to see the words “Wheelman +5” to flash onto the screen

:stuck_out_tongue:

Here are a few tips for the poor UnderHog.

-Always use your speed to run away if you are taking fire. Circle around and wait for your team to catch up. Only attack from a position of strength.
-On most maps you don’t get in the Warthog at the beginning of the match. Wait a few minutes until the power vehicles are taken down and you’ve had a chance to gauge enemy positions.
-Use your new role as a big fat target to entice the enemy. Make a U turn that shows up on their motion tracker and draws them out of hiding. Most effective if you see team mates in a position to cover you.
-Never splatter unless you are already running away from something explosive.
-NEVER stop moving!

> > > 1) Never go for splatters
> > >
> > > 2) never be the Gunner…Ever, Halo 4 is full of moronic drivers
> > >
> > > 3) The LAAG is mean to be used at BR range, keep the warthog at BR range from the enemy
> > > 4) Don’t drive at full throttle, doing so will make it easier for people to ambush you by the front, and your Gunner will not have enough time to engage their target
> > >
> > > 5) If the enemy is Charging you, Drive backwards at an angle to the side, especially if the enemy is Sticky-spamming you
> > >
> > > 6) Get to love the E-Brake, it can save you a lot of times
> > >
> > > 7) try not to go though very close-quarters areas, those are warthog traps
> > >
> > > 8) do not stop driving when your gunner is engaging his/her target
> > >
> > > 9) don’t let people into the passenger seat unless they have power weapons
> > >
> > >
> > > some general tips :stuck_out_tongue:
> >
> > A lot more detailed than me. I bow to thee, master driver.
> >
> > bows
>
> can’t tell if sarcastic
>
> i love driving Warthogs, no matter how useless they have become
> it gives me the highest amount of satisfaction to see the words “Wheelman +5” to flash onto the screen
>
> :stuck_out_tongue:

Nah, not sarcastic. It’s generally a bad idea to be sarcastic on forums, heh.

Get a friend [If you have any, no offense]

Realize who has better driving skills and that person should drive

Run around and kill noobs and laugh evilly like the devil.

This strategy especially works on Exile with the Gauss hog.

> Get a friend [If you have any, no offense]
>
> Realize who has better driving skills and that person should drive
>
> Run around and kill noobs and laugh evilly like the devil.
>
> This strategy especially works on Exile with the Gauss hog.

do this in a LAAG warthog with higher than 10 kills

i DARE you

> I would like to improve my Warthog driving capabilities in Halo 4, in Halo Reach I was a Master with Warthog Driving but in Halo 4 not so much, If you haven’t notice the warthog is much weaker then it’s Earlier counterparts, it use to take quite a few hits say 3-4 clips with a DMR to take out the Warthog, now it takes 1-2 clips, not to mention the ordnance drops and Custom load outs cause now everyone has a plasma Pistol with sticky grenades which makes the Warthog useless these days, even when I have wheel man on my class it does help my much, In my mind the warthog is no longer a Hit and run type of vechicle, instead it is just to pick off those lone wolves that stay away from the main fight, I’ve seen the Gauss Hog used effectively in Exile so I know how to drive that around but the Chain guns I have a problem with that, I want to be able to have good runs of 5 plus kills for my gunner rather than a mere 2-3 before were dead, so can anyone give me some knowledge of how to use the warthogs in the different types of maps

Other than the gauss the hog is worthless in this game

Anyone with camo, stickies, and plasma pistol…which can now all be spawned with…will thank you for the free double kill and commendation points.

The iconic vehicle of halo is a joke in H4.

> > I would like to improve my Warthog driving capabilities in Halo 4, in Halo Reach I was a Master with Warthog Driving but in Halo 4 not so much, If you haven’t notice the warthog is much weaker then it’s Earlier counterparts, it use to take quite a few hits say 3-4 clips with a DMR to take out the Warthog, now it takes 1-2 clips, not to mention the ordnance drops and Custom load outs cause now everyone has a plasma Pistol with sticky grenades which makes the Warthog useless these days, even when I have wheel man on my class it does help my much, In my mind the warthog is no longer a Hit and run type of vechicle, instead it is just to pick off those lone wolves that stay away from the main fight, I’ve seen the Gauss Hog used effectively in Exile so I know how to drive that around but the Chain guns I have a problem with that, I want to be able to have good runs of 5 plus kills for my gunner rather than a mere 2-3 before were dead, so can anyone give me some knowledge of how to use the warthogs in the different types of maps
>
> Other than the gauss the hog is worthless in this game
>
>
> Anyone with camo, stickies, and plasma pistol…which can now all be spawned with…will thank you for the free double kill and commendation points.
>
> The iconic vehicle of halo is a joke in H4.

totally agree, the fun of being in a vehicle has been negated, apart from the gauss hog, which I think is op, can be a game winner even with an average crew onboard.

First I would like to thank the OP for creating this thread. There used to be lots of threads like this on Bnet. Nowadays forums seem to be just for complaining.

The warthog can be a force to be reckoned with when fully manned with people that know what they’re doing, and an easy triple kill if any person aboard does not.

I suck at gunning and I’m pretty good at driving (if I do say so myself) so given the choice I would rather drive. My experience has been that many people that get behind the wheel tend to do so purely for the sheer thrill of driving and seem to forget that they’re in a battle. It doesn’t take long to figure out whether or not a driver knows what they’re doing. Unfortunately, the point where you come to that realization is while you are sitting in the respawn screen.

As a driver there are two things that I have found helps my gunner get more kills:

1. Never ever stop moving. Ever. The Halo 4 warthog takes forever to build up any speed at all. The time it takes to move from a dead stop is all the time it takes for four sticky grenades to do their thing. As driver you are (or should be) Sniper Target A. Make it harder for him.

2. The gunner is the weapon. Follow his lead. If he’s shooting at something, give him an angle. Pay attention to his shields. When they pop, it’s time to go. Your job is to keep the vehicle upright, moving, intact, away from potential boarders, and positioned for effective engagement.

Never go after splatters. You are not the weapon. Your gunner is. Unless you are going full speed it’s generally not worth the effort. If you are concentrating on Point 2 you will recognize good splatter opportunities.

Don’t panic if your warthog starts to roll. If you have any forward momentum at all you should end up upright. Don’t wait until you’re fully upright to start moving again (see Point 1).

Go into Forge and practice.

I’ve been analysing my teammates’ strategies and after a few months of careful study I’ve deduced the correct way to use a Warthog.

1. Drive around at a breakneck speed, allowing your LAAG gunner to remove shields but not actually score any kills.

2. If you see an enemy hiding behind a doorway, in rocks or behind cover, go for the splatter. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

3. Sometimes your gunner will have the disability of not being psychically attuned to you and won’t be able to see behind themselves, or know what enemy you’ve decided they ought to shoot at, or guess what number you’re thinking of. In cases like these, slow to a crawl, make short forwards-backwards motions to point at the correct target, and hoot the horn until your stupid gunner gets the clue.

4. Your gunner doesn’t need shields! And anyway, your Wheelman medals are worth more than his life.

5. Team mates are soft and squishy, don’t feel bad about running them over.

6. Low on shields, or just spotted a Scorpion or Wraith blocking your path? Bail out and let your gunner fend for himself.

7. The passenger seat is for resting your beverage in. Never, ever let a teammate ride shotgun. If you see a team mate running towards your passenger side, assume they mean you ill and drive off at top speed. Better yet, splatter them.

8. Need a gunner? Drive up to your team’s cloaked sniper and hoot your horn a few times. Going on a suicide run is much more fun than sniping, don’t they realise that? If he doesn’t hear, give him a gentle nudge.

9. If you find yourself without a gunner, immediately start doing laps of the level splattering friend and foe alike.

My advice, STAY AWAY from vehicles in this game. They are EMP/plasma grenade magnets as soon as they are seen or heard.

> 2. The gunner is the weapon. Follow his lead. <mark>If he’s shooting at something, give him an angle</mark>. Pay attention to his shields. When they pop, it’s time to go. Your job is to keep the vehicle upright, moving, intact, away from potential boarders, and positioned for effective engagement.

kinda hard to follow this rule is you have the kind of gunner that shoots at rocks or trees in the middle of the battlefield

i find a lot of these types of gunners in Halo 4

[/quote]
i love driving Warthogs, no matter how useless they have become
it gives me the highest amount of satisfaction to see the words “Wheelman +5” to flash onto the screen:P
[/quote]
I agree…I have about 4200 of those puppies:-) average about 30 a game when I decide to drive…

> > i love driving Warthogs, no matter how useless they have become
> > it gives me the highest amount of satisfaction to see the words “Wheelman +5” to flash onto the screen:P
>
> I agree…I have about 4200 of those puppies:-) average about 30 a game when I decide to drive…

30?

are you using the Gauss hog, or the LAAG hog?

if you’re using the LAAG hog… PLEASE TELL ME…how do you get the moron gunners of halo 4 to shoot at the enemy RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM??

> > > i love driving Warthogs, no matter how useless they have become
> > > it gives me the highest amount of satisfaction to see the words “Wheelman +5” to flash onto the screen:P
> >
> > I agree…I have about 4200 of those puppies:-) average about 30 a game when I decide to drive…
>
> 30?
>
> are you using the Gauss hog, or the LAAG hog?
>
> if you’re using the LAAG hog… PLEASE TELL ME…how do you get the moron gunners of halo 4 to shoot at the enemy RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM??
>
>
>
>
> if it’s the Gauss hog,
>
> no offence, but i wouldn’t boast about getting wheelmans in the Gauss hog, it’s incredibly easy to use

Sorry for my misunderstanding.30 for the Guass Hog. I can barley squeak out a 5 in the LAAG because I have only driven it about four times…if I tried to drive it perhaps I could get better…you have me thinking now of trying it out more often as I enjoy a good challenge…

Good luck with your efforts too!