Warthog Passenger - Extra role?

Hey guys, I’ve been thinking about this lately. So we all know that, excluding CTF, when you have a warthog with a passenger in it as well as the driver and the gunner, you are asking for a triple kill. With the added fact that passengers can never get a good angle, I suggest that a Warthog’s passenger can spot enemies and set way points.

-When I say spot, the passenger can press the B button or something over an enemy and that will set a waypoint over that enemy for as long as the enemy is in view. Alternate: Waypoint over the enemy for 3 seconds
Restraints: Only 2 at a time
This benefits the gunner and will give him a target.
Note: Only visible for players in the warthog

-When I say set waypoints, the passenger can press the A button while looking at the terrain and set a waypoint, instructing the driver to drive there.
Restraints: Only 1 waypoint at a time
This benefits the driver and will give him a destination to drop off the passenger.
Note: Only visible for players in the warthog

Of course, the passenger will get assists for his spotting, and this will ultimately make the warthog both better from its current yucky condition and will give the passenger an actual role.

*This applies to the mongoose too.

Opinions?

I liked riding shotgun on CE since it stayed in 1st person, and riding around with an actual shotgun - those were the days.

You’re idea will be ignored though, not by 343 - they might do it, but anyone who starts doing all that waypoint stuff is going to be ignored by both the driver & gunner.

I thought it would be stupid until you said the restraints for spotting. I think that would be great ideas. Good thinking.

I’d like a forward facing mounted LMG in the passenger position.

Iv seen some passangers help out the driver and gunner by using the plasma pistol to help or if he has a mic he can call out enemy players. But with the issues in BTb with the plasma pistol and nades it tends to result in a thriple kill. Had three of those yesterday

I kinda like the idea, but it should only flag enemies for people in the same hog, and only while they are IN the hog.

And on the note of Warthogs…and all vehicles in general…they need more protection!! Just earlier today I killed someone OUT OF A WRAITH with a Spartan Laser, but did not destroy the Wraith itself…that’s…an issue.

And I am constantly seeing Warthog drivers being DMR’d out of hogs while the hog itself is barely damaged at all.

Idea Sucks. The hog NEEDS more armor so it doesnt blow up so easy.

> Idea Sucks. The hog NEEDS more armor so it doesnt blow up so easy.

Of course, a boost to its armor or its turret could make things better, but since that’s unlikely, I was suggesting something that could possibly happen, if not 4, in Halo 5, that provides more benefits to both being passenger and the potential of the warthog itself.

Chain hog is dead, I’m tired of hating 343I for it but it needs better turret accuracy and more durability, I’d like for a driver to be able to look un-restrained, played alot of ragnarok, it’s not going against a mantis and winning anytime soon (even when i was in the passenger seat with a rocket launcher)

And waypoints wouldn’t help, it’s a great idea but H4 is so fast paced the enemy would die before you put your cross hairs on em’

look up warthog sniping and tell me that again

> Hey guys, I’ve been thinking about this lately. So we all know that, excluding CTF, when you have a warthog with a passenger in it as well as the driver and the gunner, you are asking for a triple kill. With the added fact that passengers can never get a good angle, I suggest that a Warthog’s passenger can spot enemies and set way points.
>
> -When I say spot, the passenger can press the B button or something over an enemy and that will set a waypoint over that enemy for as long as the enemy is in view. Alternate: Waypoint over the enemy for 3 seconds
> Restraints: Only 2 at a time
> This benefits the gunner and will give him a target.
> Note: Only visible for players in the warthog
>
> -When I say set waypoints, the passenger can press the A button while looking at the terrain and set a waypoint, instructing the driver to drive there.
> Restraints: Only 1 waypoint at a time
> This benefits the driver and will give him a destination to drop off the passenger.
> Note: Only visible for players in the warthog
>
> Of course, the passenger will get assists for his spotting, and this will ultimately make the warthog both better from its current yucky condition and will give the passenger an actual role.
>
> *This applies to the mongoose too.
>
> Opinions?

Not worth the time or the effort.

Maybe. Those sound interesting imo.

> > Idea Sucks. The hog NEEDS more armor so it doesnt blow up so easy.
>
> Of course, a boost to its armor or its turret could make things better, but since that’s unlikely, I was suggesting something that could possibly happen, if not 4, in Halo 5, that provides more benefits to both being passenger and the potential of the warthog itself.

The thing is if the hog is stronger no one will want a icon over there head. why would/should there be a icon over their head if the passanger can no longer see them? also the passanger can shoot while they have a marker over there head? sound like a OP boost to aim assist.

I’ve already played a similar idea to this. I turret, friend drivers, brother in the passenger. He had a ligh rifle. Basically painting targets and getting headshots from the ones I just dropped their shields. Works well.

Great idea. AA button would be ideal.

Would be nice if we could use this to direct the AI drivers as well.

Definitely worth the time and effort.

> look up warthog sniping and tell me that again

It’s not everyday you see that though.

+1
You never really see passengers, so this could make it a lot better.

If I could scope as a passenger, that would be nice. :=)

NOTE: As far as the OP’s idea, he lost me at hello. So no…

Be kinda cool if you could use Hardlight sheild to help block incoming fire

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t have issues shooting at enemies from the passenger seat.

That said, these ideas aren’t really a big enough draw for people to ride passenger, or for people to even use the mongoose.