Warthog needs improvement

After playing PVP and going into training mode to see what its like, im not a fan but i hope that im not alone and others will agree with me that its just not that good.

The overall look and sound is great but how it handles is terrible. It floats around like on ice. Theres no weight to it and its waaayyyy too fast. You should have to build up to top speed not jet off straight away at full speed. It turns way too quick and its just too over the top. Funny thing is it drives and feels better when it has two wheels blow out. When i drove around with two wheels gone it felt more like the warthog from H3 and Reach. The reticle is too small and the turret is way too OP. The reticle should be larger and the bullet spread be wider. My first match i hopped in the driver seat and within the frist 5 mins we were winning by 25 to 3 no joke. The warthog is way too weak as well. I played around with the weapons and its interesting to see how can weapons take out a warthog.
From least affected to most heres a list.
Needler - 15 mags
Plasma pistol OC - 15 shots
Sidekick - 10 mags
Commando - 8 mags
Assault Rifle - 7 mags
Battle Rifle - 7 mags
Plasma pistol - 6 mags
Shock Rifle - 5 mags
Pulse carbine - 4 mags
Bulldog - 4 mags
Ravager - 1 mag
Heatwave - 1 mag
Sniper - 5 SHOTS
Rockets - 3 SHOTS
Hammer - 3 SHOTS
Skewer- 2 SHOTS
Frag grenade - 6
Spike grenade - 4
Sticky grenade - 3
Dynamo grenade - 15

Its interesting how to disable the vehicle too. It takes the second shot from the shock rifle to emp disable it and just one dynamo to emp disable it. Im not sure about the plasma pistol’s over charge it was difficult to tell really. When i was driving during PVP i got hit once with a Overcharge and it did nothing, so cant really say if it works or not. Im gald to see some knock back physics finally in halo infinite. The ravager and rocket launger give knock back to the warthog as well as the hammer. The hammer is OP against the warthog. One swing can take out two wheels and it knocks it way back which is good to see but it takes 3 swings to destroy it. With all this info and how easy it is to take out a warthog it makes vehicles feel like there made out of cardboard again from halo 4/5. Why doesnt 343 go back and take an example from halo ce. You can shoot and kill the enemy in the vehicle but this would not blow up the vehicle. Having players be killed within the vehicle would be better for gameplay rather than trying to balance vehicles by making them to weak. Being shot out of a vehicle would leave it up for grabs. They should take a lot of fire power to destroy them. Vehicles should be mobile power weapons that move around the map and be fought over like the power weapons are now. Vehicles being beamed by bullets and be taken out so quickly is not the way to go. Halo 4 and 5 when ever i got into a vehicle i got sprayed with bullets and blow up way too quick it was annoying. They also should not be too overpowered to use too, like this gun turret in infinite it takes out an enemy in 3 seconds if you can land your shots.

The worst two things that 343 are doing with the warthog and its really annoying is these tranning wheel mechanics and being overly helpful for new players, basically holding them by the hand. The warthog can be controlled in mid air. This means you can maneuver it while airborne so that you can make a easy landing. In fact its quite difficult to even try and make the warthog flip over. This isnt good for gameplay i think. It should have the same real world physics as the warthogs from halo ce up to Reach. If you hit a jump at a bad angle and flip the warthog you should land as you may, not have a mechanic that you can flip it mid-air to land safely. The next thing which is way too overly helpful is evey vehicle is like a ticking bomb with this very unnecessary kill mode. The vehicle flashes red and beeps to let you know its going to blow up…because being on fire and smoking wasn’t already enough of a indication to bail out. This is just way to gimmicky and takes the fun out of it. Having these two training wheel mechanics is taken away a great experience we all of had in past halos. Hitting a ramp and flipping in the air and then landing it was skill or pure luck and it was such a rewarding experience, as well as driving with the flag carrier on fire to reach your teams base was a heart rushing moment of “will we make it not will we not” Not knowing you could explode any second is more fun than knowing exactly when. Im not a fan of these two mechanics at all. There shouldn’t be a big flashing warning that the vehicle will explode this should be a learning curve and to be able to drastically control the vehicle mid air dampens a once great experience and make it feel lact luster. We need to give back good feedback and let 343 know how we dont want vehicles to feel too weak and have over powered weapons on them.

my only problem what you said so far is calling mags clips

> 2535416959333535;2:
> my only problem what you said so far is calling mags clips

Fine

> 2533274818433952;1:
> After playing PVP and going into training mode to see what its like, im not a fan but i hope that im not alone and others will agree with me that its just not that good.
>
> The overall look and sound is great but how it handles is terrible. It floats around like on ice. Theres no weight to it and its waaayyyy too fast. You should have to build up to top speed not jet off straight away at full speed. It turns way too quick and its just too over the top. Funny thing is it drives and feels better when it has two wheels blow out. When i drove around with two wheels gone it felt more like the warthog from H3 and Reach. The reticle is too small and the turret is way too OP. The reticle should be larger and the bullet spread be wider. My first match i hopped in the driver seat and within the frist 5 mins we were winning by 25 to 3 no joke. The warthog is way too weak as well. I played around with the weapons and its interesting to see how can weapons take out a warthog.
> From least affected to most heres a list.
> Needler - 15 mags
> Plasma pistol OC - 15 shots
> Sidekick - 10 mags
> Commando - 8 mags
> Assault Rifle - 7 mags
> Battle Rifle - 7 mags
> Plasma pistol - 6 mags
> Shock Rifle - 5 mags
> Pulse carbine - 4 mags
> Bulldog - 4 mags
> Ravager - 1 mag
> Heatwave - 1 mag
> Sniper - 5 SHOTS
> Rockets - 3 SHOTS
> Hammer - 3 SHOTS
> Skewer- 2 SHOTS
> Frag grenade - 6
> Spike grenade - 4
> Sticky grenade - 3
> Dynamo grenade - 15
>
> Its interesting how to disable the vehicle too. It takes the second shot from the shock rifle to emp disable it and just one dynamo to emp disable it. Im not sure about the plasma pistol’s over charge it was difficult to tell really. When i was driving during PVP i got hit once with a Overcharge and it did nothing, so cant really say if it works or not. Im gald to see some knock back physics finally in halo infinite. The ravager and rocket launger give knock back to the warthog as well as the hammer. The hammer is OP against the warthog. One swing can take out two wheels and it knocks it way back which is good to see but it takes 3 swings to destroy it. With all this info and how easy it is to take out a warthog it makes vehicles feel like there made out of cardboard again from halo 4/5. Why doesnt 343 go back and take an example from halo ce. You can shoot and kill the enemy in the vehicle but this would not blow up the vehicle. Having players be killed within the vehicle would be better for gameplay rather than trying to balance vehicles by making them to weak. Being shot out of a vehicle would leave it up for grabs. They should take a lot of fire power to destroy them. Vehicles should be mobile power weapons that move around the map and be fought over like the power weapons are now. Vehicles being beamed by bullets and be taken out so quickly is not the way to go. Halo 4 and 5 when ever i got into a vehicle i got sprayed with bullets and blow up way too quick it was annoying. They also should not be too overpowered to use too, like this gun turret in infinite it takes out an enemy in 3 seconds if you can land your shots.
>
> The worst two things that 343 are doing with the warthog and its really annoying is these tranning wheel mechanics and being overly helpful for new players, basically holding them by the hand. The warthog can be controlled in mid air. This means you can maneuver it while airborne so that you can make a easy landing. In fact its quite difficult to even try and make the warthog flip over. This isnt good for gameplay i think. It should have the same real world physics as the warthogs from halo ce up to Reach. If you hit a jump at a bad angle and flip the warthog you should land as you may, not have a mechanic that you can flip it mid-air to land safely. The next thing which is way too overly helpful is evey vehicle is like a ticking bomb with this very unnecessary kill mode. The vehicle flashes red and beeps to let you know its going to blow up…because being on fire and smoking wasn’t already enough of a indication to bail out. This is just way to gimmicky and takes the fun out of it. Having these two training wheel mechanics is taken away a great experience we all of had in past halos. Hitting a ramp and flipping in the air and then landing it was skill or pure luck and it was such a rewarding experience, as well as driving with the flag carrier on fire to reach your teams base was a heart rushing moment of “will we make it not will we not” Not knowing you could explode any second is more fun than knowing exactly when. Im not a fan of these two mechanics at all. There shouldn’t be a big flashing warning that the vehicle will explode this should be a learning curve and to be able to drastically control the vehicle mid air dampens a once great experience and make it feel lact luster. We need to give back good feedback and let 343 know how we dont want vehicles to feel too weak and have over powered weapons on them.

I believe in time u will feel different about these changes and use them to your advantage instead.

I’d responded with this in another post but figured I’d put it here as well:

As someone who almost exclusively plays Halo to be a Warthog driver, the vehicle is too weak at the moment. The main changes from Halo 5 to Infinite are the vehicles general durability and the turret. Everything has a give and take, but in this instance, the give/take from 5 to Infinite wasn’t a good trade. The Warthog had more durability in 5, but the turret also overheated after extended use. This was generally not a problem as it forced you to have to more skillfully aim the weapon rather than holding down fire for 5+ minutes. Infinite removed the turret overheating, but made the Warthog lose durability.

This is a problem as the Warthog is arguably one of the most exposed (regarding the Spartan Player) vehicles in the games. The gunner is clearly the most obvious target, but the driver/passenger aren’t safe from either side. If you reduce vehicle durability on top of this, it makes the Warthog have weak points regardless of where you’re shooting it. Hit the Spartan? Good. Hit the vehicle? Good. This especially becomes a problem with the new dynamic damage system. Going back to the turret operator again, they’re exposed. The one saving grace for a turret operator was to face your opponent and utilize the small shield which will absorb most torso shots (while the head is still exposed, offering counterplay). In Infinite, the turret shield fairly quickly can be destroyed, which is complete overkill.

Combine this with the Warthog losing critical parts easily (wheels can be destroyed extremely quickly, heavily impacting the vehicles mobility) and there are just far too many downsides to using the vehicle compared to the advantages. The Warthog in its current state is far too weak. If you’re still not convinced then consider this; The Warthog requires two Spartan Players to commit before it becomes effective. The Ghost requires 1 Spartan Player, and is arguably more durable/stronger. We tested a turret shooting a Ghost and the Ghost shooting the Warthog + its turret and the Ghost seemed to destroy the Warthog first.

New - I don’t agree that the vehicle should be invulnerable, though. That starts to move it into an OP category and removes tense moments. Needing to drive skillfully to avoid enemy fire separates good drivers from bad ones, but it needs to be able to explode if you make bad decisions. Also, regarding the physics, I 100% agree about being able to control it in the air. This, again, removes a skill component. Learning how the vehicles physics work should be another factor separating good drivers from bad ones. When you allow the player to control the positioning of the vehicle as much as it currently has while in mid-air, this is just another skill component removed.

I didn’t drive the warthog but I did man the gun and it was a mixed bag - I could kill Spartans with ease but against the Ghost - it had a hard time causing a dent to it but the ghost was making mincemeat out of the warthog with just a few shots (this was after a few shots from an assault rifle had already “heavily” damaged the warthog). The Warthog durability is definitely questionable - a few hits from an assault rifle and it starts to look like it got hit by 1 grenade. Also, my friend was driving the warthog and we did flip over but unlike past HALO games, we were not kicked out of our ride - hilariously, we were still in our places and I don’t know if that is a good thing or bad.

I’m hoping to drive next time but I have to check my driver controller settings - as I tried driving a mongoose but when I pressed the accelerator (right trigger), I was honking the horn instead of moving and got a bullet to the head.

> 2533274818433952;1:
> After playing PVP and going into training mode to see what its like, im not a fan but i hope that im not alone and others will agree with me that its just not that good.
>
> The overall look and sound is great but how it handles is terrible. It floats around like on ice. Theres no weight to it and its waaayyyy too fast. You should have to build up to top speed not jet off straight away at full speed. It turns way too quick and its just too over the top. Funny thing is it drives and feels better when it has two wheels blow out. When i drove around with two wheels gone it felt more like the warthog from H3 and Reach. The reticle is too small and the turret is way too OP. The reticle should be larger and the bullet spread be wider. My first match i hopped in the driver seat and within the frist 5 mins we were winning by 25 to 3 no joke. The warthog is way too weak as well. I played around with the weapons and its interesting to see how can weapons take out a warthog.
> From least affected to most heres a list.
> Needler - 15 mags
> Plasma pistol OC - 15 shots
> Sidekick - 10 mags
> Commando - 8 mags
> Assault Rifle - 7 mags
> Battle Rifle - 7 mags
> Plasma pistol - 6 mags
> Shock Rifle - 5 mags
> Pulse carbine - 4 mags
> Bulldog - 4 mags
> Ravager - 1 mag
> Heatwave - 1 mag
> Sniper - 5 SHOTS
> Rockets - 3 SHOTS
> Hammer - 3 SHOTS
> Skewer- 2 SHOTS
> Frag grenade - 6
> Spike grenade - 4
> Sticky grenade - 3
> Dynamo grenade - 15
>
> Its interesting how to disable the vehicle too. It takes the second shot from the shock rifle to emp disable it and just one dynamo to emp disable it. Im not sure about the plasma pistol’s over charge it was difficult to tell really. When i was driving during PVP i got hit once with a Overcharge and it did nothing, so cant really say if it works or not. Im gald to see some knock back physics finally in halo infinite. The ravager and rocket launger give knock back to the warthog as well as the hammer. The hammer is OP against the warthog. One swing can take out two wheels and it knocks it way back which is good to see but it takes 3 swings to destroy it. With all this info and how easy it is to take out a warthog it makes vehicles feel like there made out of cardboard again from halo 4/5. Why doesnt 343 go back and take an example from halo ce. You can shoot and kill the enemy in the vehicle but this would not blow up the vehicle. Having players be killed within the vehicle would be better for gameplay rather than trying to balance vehicles by making them to weak. Being shot out of a vehicle would leave it up for grabs. They should take a lot of fire power to destroy them. Vehicles should be mobile power weapons that move around the map and be fought over like the power weapons are now. Vehicles being beamed by bullets and be taken out so quickly is not the way to go. Halo 4 and 5 when ever i got into a vehicle i got sprayed with bullets and blow up way too quick it was annoying. They also should not be too overpowered to use too, like this gun turret in infinite it takes out an enemy in 3 seconds if you can land your shots.
>
> The worst two things that 343 are doing with the warthog and its really annoying is these tranning wheel mechanics and being overly helpful for new players, basically holding them by the hand. The warthog can be controlled in mid air. This means you can maneuver it while airborne so that you can make a easy landing. In fact its quite difficult to even try and make the warthog flip over. This isnt good for gameplay i think. It should have the same real world physics as the warthogs from halo ce up to Reach. If you hit a jump at a bad angle and flip the warthog you should land as you may, not have a mechanic that you can flip it mid-air to land safely. The next thing which is way too overly helpful is evey vehicle is like a ticking bomb with this very unnecessary kill mode. The vehicle flashes red and beeps to let you know its going to blow up…because being on fire and smoking wasn’t already enough of a indication to bail out. This is just way to gimmicky and takes the fun out of it. Having these two training wheel mechanics is taken away a great experience we all of had in past halos. Hitting a ramp and flipping in the air and then landing it was skill or pure luck and it was such a rewarding experience, as well as driving with the flag carrier on fire to reach your teams base was a heart rushing moment of “will we make it not will we not” Not knowing you could explode any second is more fun than knowing exactly when. Im not a fan of these two mechanics at all. There shouldn’t be a big flashing warning that the vehicle will explode this should be a learning curve and to be able to drastically control the vehicle mid air dampens a once great experience and make it feel lact luster. We need to give back good feedback and let 343 know how we dont want vehicles to feel too weak and have over powered weapons on them.

Totally agree, mate.

The really tragic thing is I’ve actually seen people praise the self correction mechanic. It’s absurd. The most shocking think though is I actually set out to try and roll it, and still couldn’t. It almost seemed like the warthog finds a way to balance itself out even when you’re not controlling it yourself.

Half of what made Halo iconic was the wacky warthog physics, and people actually want to take that away from the game. I’m so annoyed about it.