Warthog MG

I might be late on the ball with this one,

But is it just me or is the MG Warthog quite weak in terms of damage dealt ?

Its almost as weak as the SAW.

The saw, weak??? you serious??

LOL the SAW being weak…

… wish the warthog MG was the SAW. Might actually get a kill or two then.

When he says “weak” in comparison to the SAW, he really means for a turret on a Warthog, the SAW should not be just as strong as it.

He’s more calling the MG weak as he’s saying the SAW is strong.

It is weaker it seems yes.

What I think happened was 343i decided to make it shoot a larger caliber bullet so you can see yourself shooting a big round, thus making you shoot less rounds but are more powerful, but it means if you miss you really deal a lot less damage.

The Hog needs EMP immunity with wheelman mod and a buff to the turret.

> But is it just me or is the MG Warthog quite weak in terms of damage dealt ?
>
> Its almost as weak as the SAW.

The SAW is a beast.

> The Hog needs EMP immunity with wheelman mod and a buff to the turret.

Having immunity to EMP would be a bad idea. Resistance is ok, immunity is not ok. It would destroy the plasma pistol.

This is already a problem with Promethean Vision. Stealth (the WW perk) negates PV (not just makes it harder to see).

> > But is it just me or is the MG Warthog quite weak in terms of damage dealt ?
> >
> > Its almost as weak as the SAW.
>
> The SAW is a beast.
>
>
>
> > The Hog needs EMP immunity with wheelman mod and a buff to the turret.
>
> <mark>Having immunity to EMP would be a bad idea. Resistance is ok, immunity is not ok. It would destroy the plasma pistol.</mark>
>
> This is already a problem with Promethean Vision. Stealth (the WW perk) negates PV (not just makes it harder to see).

The wheelman mod is meaningless at this moment. Hog with Wheelman mod vs plasma pistol + 2 stickies, PP and stickies are normally hands down winners.

I’m talking about BTB here so please consider this. I normally play with a team and we are fairly good players and are normally matched against people of similar or better caliber and if you looked at every game we ever played, the 'Hog does not last at all.

You if a rocket/sniper/laser from ordinance doesn’t kill you it’s some -Yoink!- with a plasma pistol and stickies that does, and quite often when I’m nearing a couple people, I hear the tell tail sign of a couple PP’s charging up.

The 'Hog is quite literally useless at this very moment. People always say the Wheelman mod balances it out. But it doesn’t do a thing at all when matched against a PP and stickies.

Part of the problem is the maps. Long bow, vortex and half of Exile feature too many hidey-holes for a surprise attacks. Which is fine but the maps themselves don’t even really support vehicle play because there are no open spaces really to drive, there are just camping areas that have two or so access points to get to with a 'Hog.

The only good 'Hog map is Ragnarok and you can’t even do anything on the map because there is so much aim assist/bullet magnatism that you will be sniped out so fast/DMR’d/Lasered/Rocketed.

With the accuracy of the DMR it completely destroys map movement too, it just makes me feel… Rawr :(.

The SAW is not weak. But the Warthog definitely is. It’s extremely underpowered in this game, especially the MG version. It needs a buff. So does the Ghost.

The Warthog feels like it has the same killtimes as the one in Reach, if not a bit slower. Seeing as how Halo 4 is a much faster paced game, shouldn’t the Warthog be stronger as well?

Yes, it is definitely too weak as it is at the moment. The only way it’s somewhat useful is if the gunner has damage boost.

> The saw, weak??? you serious??

I have to agree with everyone else, the SAW will shred people quicker than the Hog MG. When I’m on the Gunner I feel like I have to shoot people for WAY too long to kill them.