Warthog engine sound in the 07/2020 gameplay demo

After replaying the video of the July 23rd, 2020 HALO INFINITE gameplay demo for the umpteenth time; I can say without question that the engine sound used for the Warthog is not nearly beefy or meaty enough. In the video where it shows 343I recording real-life vehicles for their vehicle sounds; the El Camino far more befits the sound of a Warthog than what was audibly evident in the gameplay trailer.

The warthog is an extremely powerful vehicle and should sound like a 1960s Muscle Car lightly combined with a powerful V12 truck and then meshed with a futuristic propulsion system sound. The revving sounds alone should scatter birds from the trees and make the Space Gophers scatter from their burrows. It should also make any fish in waters nearby leap from the water [holding sticks with handkerchiefs attached at the end containing their precious belongings] as they are relocating somewhere further away from such a beast of a vehicle​:metal:t2::100:

Imo, the Infinite Warthog sounds seem to fit the Mongoose more than the Warthog. Idc though

I’m hoping they switch to electric (or at least hybrid). Whisper quiet and better for the environment.

> 2535452730169969;2:
> Imo, the Infinite Warthog sounds seem to fit the Mongoose more than the Warthog. Idc though

Exactly.

Listen to the engine sound in this video [0:47-1:07 if the timestamp doesn’t take].
That is what the Warthog should sound like.

Yeah, it sounds like a little moped under the hood of that shiny new hog.

> 2533274795727848;4:
> > 2535452730169969;2:
> > Imo, the Infinite Warthog sounds seem to fit the Mongoose more than the Warthog. Idc though
>
> Exactly.
>
> Listen to the engine sound in this video [0:47-1:07 if the timestamp doesn’t take].
> That is what the Warthog should sound like.

I mean… its a hydrogen powered engine 500 years in the future… I think sounding like a semi would be a bit over the top.

The funny part is that the Warthog is an absolutely illogical vehicle. It supposedly weighs 6000 pounds, which makes zero sense for its size… 500 years from now I’m sure we’d have lighter stiffer materials.

I agree that it should have more oomf. I think the warthog sound in the demo sounds like it should be for a mongoose or some other smaller vehicle. With that said though I do like the sound itself, just don’t think it should be for the warthog.

Yeah I agree. They did already say they were redoing some sounds for infinite so maybe it will sound different at launch

disagree. In the end, the audio should not get in the way on it sounds on par with the og hog to me. Then there is h4s hog which is the beefiest and id argue, the worst

Yeah it doesn’t sound like something that’d be in a warthog at all. Sounds like a 4banger, while the Warthog would probably sound more like a beefy V8.

I agree, if it’s hauling around the tons of weight with multiple spartans plus the turret and the weight of the warthog itself, it would definitely be louder or sound like it’s struggling a bit more.

I see what you mean. But I do really like the engine sound personally.

I want the warthog to sound like the one in Halo 3.

Agreed. The one from the trailer has more of an import sound. Nothing wrong with that, but it just doesn’t fit the hog imo

> 2533274794684102;14:
> Agreed. The one from the trailer has more of an import sound. Nothing wrong with that, but it just doesn’t fit the hog imo

It sounds like it should be the Mongoose engine sound, for real😅

For a game that’s supposed to be cashing in on nostalgia, the warthog doesn’t have the classic whirring noise it had for 10 years. That whine is one of the first things that comes to mind when I think of the two levels the whole game is supposedly inspired by lol