Warthog Driver

I dont know about anyone else, but I have noticed since halo reach that it is almost easier to kill the hog driver than any other passenger, including the rear gunner. I remember many games of big team while driving the hog and we would run through a group and I would be the first to die leaving my gunner there with a smoking hog and still alive through all the general fire that was just directed at the hog itself. I thought they would fix that with halo 4. It has gotten very aggrovating that this issue is not resolved. Just today, with a wheelman armor mod, I was driving on Ragnorok and someone stuck my hog on the back passenger tire near the gunner. When it exploded, the hog survived, I’m assuming thanks to the wheelman armor mod. However, I died and my rear gunner, which was right on top of the explosion, lived, if only shortly after the hog was hit with another grenade. It just doesnt make sense. The driver is situated inside the hog where the most armor is to provide cover, and yet he will die simply to general fire that is directed to the hog and not himself directly.

Furthermore, whats the point of having the wheelman mod when you die before you can get to “coax every bit of stamina and durability out of vehicles they are piloting.” If the vehicle blows up and takes you with it or you are directly killed out of a vehicle is one thing, but dying to general fire that is directed at the vehicle itself and not the driver is a totally different matter. I would like to see 343 handle this and make an adjustment to it.

lol well I guess I am the only one with this problem then since I have no other replies

No your not, I drive hogs all the time and I think it is -Yoinking!- stupid, on top of that people spawning with plasma pistol/grenade. Only fun I have had driving so far is in this weeks spartan ops

When you get any vehicle in H4 you just got to be a B*+ch and be careful with everything. Exile, gauss, wheel man, 0-30-0 all the time.

Sadly the only the map the hog survives more is in Ragnarok do to the big open space, but that doesn’t stop DMRs from killing my hog even with the Wheelman mod.

I have noticed this exact thing as well and its stupid. Why does the driver instantly die when the wart hogs stuck? Especially when its easier then ever to stick a hog?

Happens to me always even with the Wraith, I can get killed by some rocket/granades but the gunner keeps alive ._.

I actually wonder if this is a bug with the Wheelman mod. This is purely speculative and based on my poor memory, but I don’t think I was getting killed by plasma’s as a driver prior to using the mod. Happened to me three times last night, though. Maybe it is because the vehicle is lasting longer, but it certainly feels different than that. Thoughts people?

> I actually wonder if this is a bug with the Wheelman mod. This is purely speculative and based on my poor memory, but I don’t think I was getting killed by plasma’s as a driver prior to using the mod. Happened to me three times last night, though. Maybe it is because the vehicle is lasting longer, but it certainly feels different than that. Thoughts people?

Could be, bt I doubt it.
The warthog is too weak IMO, and the driver dies way too easily. Buff driver health or shield somehow by a shot or two, at the most.

Yeah I’ve noticed attacking the warthog itself kills the driver before anyone else. I guess they expect you to snipe the gunner or something.

I reported it anyways, hopefully they’ll check it out and if it’s an issue, fix it and if not, then I guess I’ll drive even more carefully… Motorpool ground guide slow…

Not from my experience anyway. I use to snipe drivers through the front windshield on Halo:Reach. If you have ever tried to do it on Halo 4 you will see that the windshield is made of uber bullet proof glass.

BTW I use to be a big fan of driving but PP and Stickie starts just ruined that completely.

I like to pop them out cross map with my high calibre sniper rifle… Other than that I have no idea what you’re on about. When I drive I’m usually the last guy left in the hog.