Warthog and Mongoose Too Floaty

Anyone else feel like they can’t drive the Warthog or Mongoose more than 5 seconds at a time before accidentally flipping them over? I’ve played Halo multiplayer pretty consistently since Halo 3 and I know that the awkward/difficult to maneuver handle of these vehicles is a defining characteristic, but it seems to me that in Halo Infinite they ratcheted up the physics on these two vehicles in particular up to 11. Driving over any small rock or uneven ledge = automatic flip and roll.

Not to mention human ground vehicles seem to have very low health-bar and can be destroyed very easily, but I guess that’s a topic for another thread.

3 Likes

I agree, they lack weight and control. A lovely tune goes through my head every time I get into a Warthog and step on the gas:

"Would you like to ride in my beautiful balloon?
Would you like to ride in my beautiful balloon?
We could float among the stars together, you and I
For we can fly! We can fly!
Up, up and away
In my beautiful, my beautiful balloon! ":musical_note:

1 Like

Mongoose is not too bad, but the warthog, definitely too “floaty”.

Mongoose isn’t as floaty but I think it’s too fast and doesn’t drift around, feels like it’s on rails.

Warthog is wayyyyy too floaty and bouncy. It’s bad enough the BTB maps have tiny little Formula-1 racetracks to drive on instead of open spaces but then you have the bounciest suspension you can imagine.

I was about to start a thread on this if nobody else did…

it’s WAY too easy to flip warthogs because

1. They feel SUPER light. One little rock pops they way up. You say “floaty” - I say “light”. Same difference.
  2. They SOOOO fast! They’re way faster than in previous titles. It makes it a little harder on M&KB because you can’t hold the trigger down half way. But it’s made all the worse by…
  3. The fact that the BTB maps are super enclosed and have narrow passageways that make it impossible to drive around very much at all. They feel super cramped and like they’re not designed to have vehicles in them at all.
3 Likes