Warship prefixes

So ONIs fleet of Prowlers are named with the prefix of UNSC denoting that it is a warship in service to the UNSC instead of the prefix of ONI. But the prowler Acrisius holds the prefix of ONI, but from what I’ve seen its the only prowler that holds the prefix of ONI, so why it specially and why not the entire fleet of prowlers?

> 2533274936927904;1:
> So ONIs fleet of Prowlers are named with the prefix of UNSC denoting that it is a warship in service to the UNSC instead of the prefix of ONI. But the prowler Acrisius holds the prefix of ONI, but from what I’ve seen its the only prowler that holds the prefix of ONI, so why it specially and why not the entire fleet of prowlers?

So there are numerous possibilities in this case, this is how I can best explain this question. Imagine the USA Military branches are the “UNSC” in this case and, the secret service is “ONI” I’m sure each branch under the USA have their own variants and unique vehicles for the type of combat/tasks that branch deals with The prowler as far as I’m concerned is an ONI specific vehicle and is only used by ONI. now I’m not sure why exactly one ship in ONI has a “Prefix” alluding to ONI and the rest to the UNSC. ONI is more or less a secretive branch apart of the United Nations Space Command so… why would it matter what prefix they have? Its an interesting fact but its like asking why some ships at pearl harbor were named after states and others were not, there under the same roof so a prefix is nothing more than a reference to where they come from… not sure of that helped but its confusing why this is a question :confused:

> 2535410704700107;2:
> > 2533274936927904;1:
> > So ONIs fleet of Prowlers are named with the prefix of UNSC denoting that it is a warship in service to the UNSC instead of the prefix of ONI. But the prowler Acrisius holds the prefix of ONI, but from what I’ve seen its the only prowler that holds the prefix of ONI, so why it specially and why not the entire fleet of prowlers?
>
> So there are numerous possibilities in this case, this is how I can best explain this question. Imagine the USA Military branches are the “UNSC” in this case and, the secret service is “ONI” I’m sure each branch under the USA have their own variants and unique vehicles for the type of combat/tasks that branch deals with The prowler as far as I’m concerned is an ONI specific vehicle and is only used by ONI. now I’m not sure why exactly one ship in ONI has a “Prefix” alluding to ONI and the rest to the UNSC. ONI is more or less a secretive branch apart of the United Nations Space Command so… why would it matter what prefix they have? Its an interesting fact but its like asking why some ships at pearl harbor were named after states and others were not, there under the same roof so a prefix is nothing more than a reference to where they come from… not sure of that helped but its confusing why this is a question :confused:

The thing is the example of naming conventions you just gave doesn’t compare. Warship names are issued based on predetermined naming conventions or have a historical reason for its naming (such as the USS Canberra). Warship prefixes are no different, they are intentional. So the Acrisius breaking the prefix convention is denoting something different. Also this isn’t a question, I know there isn’t an answer I’ll get but speculation is the best I can do.

> 2533274936927904;3:
> > 2535410704700107;2:
> > > 2533274936927904;1:
> > > So ONIs fleet of Prowlers are named with the prefix of UNSC denoting that it is a warship in service to the UNSC instead of the prefix of ONI. But the prowler Acrisius holds the prefix of ONI, but from what I’ve seen its the only prowler that holds the prefix of ONI, so why it specially and why not the entire fleet of prowlers?
> >
> > So there are numerous possibilities in this case, this is how I can best explain this question. Imagine the USA Military branches are the “UNSC” in this case and, the secret service is “ONI” I’m sure each branch under the USA have their own variants and unique vehicles for the type of combat/tasks that branch deals with The prowler as far as I’m concerned is an ONI specific vehicle and is only used by ONI. now I’m not sure why exactly one ship in ONI has a “Prefix” alluding to ONI and the rest to the UNSC. ONI is more or less a secretive branch apart of the United Nations Space Command so… why would it matter what prefix they have? Its an interesting fact but its like asking why some ships at pearl harbor were named after states and others were not, there under the same roof so a prefix is nothing more than a reference to where they come from… not sure of that helped but its confusing why this is a question :confused:
>
> The thing is the example of naming conventions you just gave doesn’t compare. Warship names are issued based on predetermined naming conventions or have a historical reason for its naming (such as the USS Canberra). Warship prefixes are no different, they are intentional. So the Acrisius breaking the prefix convention is denoting something different. Also this isn’t a question, I know there isn’t an answer I’ll get but speculation is the best I can do.

Well seeing you know your stuff, id bet when 343 made the names they probably only had a vague idea of that whole system so they may have made a mistake… or the excuse could be ONI wants the ships to look like there part of the UNSC so when being documented everything down to the name would match UNSC profiling to be harder to track ONI meddling in UNSC operations