Warning: Halo Wars 2 not logically possible

I just had a realisation I thought I’d better let everyone know.

As we all know a Halo Ring destroys all life within 25,000 light years (pretty damn far away) of its firing range capabilities. Because the Ark was much further away from the Milky Way galaxy, Master Chief, along with Cortana and Sgt Johnson, were able to safely activate Installation 04B to destroy the Flood on the Ark. This means Installation 04B was able to fire up to a minimum of 20,000 light years. Anything within those light years of 04B’s deadly pulse would be eradicated. This occurred in the year 2552.

Because of this reason, it may not be logically possible for the Spirit of Fire to even be near the Ark because discovering it in the year 2559 would mean they would’ve been within Installation 04B’s 25,000 light year firing range, and the crew would not have survived the blast. This makes it is un-logical for the SoF to drift towards the Ark, unless the ship itself is able to travel more than 25,000 light years within 7 years (I don’t think it’s possible)

The only other way would be for the Spirit of Fire to be teleported to the Ark. UPDATE: Now confirmed! Same goes for the Brutes, there must be another teleporter that goes to the Ark because as I said it’s just not logically possible for the Spirit of Fire to travel more than 25000 light years within 7 years of the Halo’s firing range (unless it is actually capable of doing that, which it is isn’t).

It’s a video game bruh anything is logical. They need to give us reasons to kill aliens and they’ve done just that.

> 2535414369351666;1:
> The only other way would be for the Spirit of Fire to be teleported to the Ark. Same goes for the Brutes, there must be another teleported that goes to the Ark because as I said it’s just not logically possible for the Spirit of Fire to travel more than 25000 light years within 7 years (unless it is actually capable of doing that)

Your assuming that the Spirit of Fire is within Range of the Halo firing. Last time we saw the SoF, it was floating around in the Milky Way Galaxy without a slipspace engine. There is no physical way for the SoF to get to the Ark on its own by drifting through space at least not within 30 years. I’m willing to bet they either fixed their engine or someone/something teleported them to the Ark.

As for the Banished, the last time we visited the Ark it was fairly abandoned with wildlife and inclement weather. There is a UNSC presence on the Ark, but nothing else. I’m assuming the Banished are a recent development for the Ark or it’s a different Ark.

I recommend you wait before the game launches before we point out how illogical the plot seems.

> 2717573882290912;3:
> > 2535414369351666;1:
> > The only other way would be for the Spirit of Fire to be teleported to the Ark. Same goes for the Brutes, there must be another teleported that goes to the Ark because as I said it’s just not logically possible for the Spirit of Fire to travel more than 25000 light years within 7 years (unless it is actually capable of doing that)
>
>
> Your assuming that the Spirit of Fire is within Range of the Halo firing. Last time we saw the SoF, it was floating around in the Milky Way Galaxy without a slipspace engine. There is no physical way for the SoF to get to the Ark on its own by drifting through space at least not within 30 years. I’m willing to bet they either fixed their engine or someone/something teleported them to the Ark.
>
> As for the Banished, the last time we visited the Ark it was fairly abandoned with wildlife and inclement weather. There is a UNSC presence on the Ark, but nothing else. I’m assuming the Banished are a recent development for the Ark or it’s a different Ark.
>
> I recommend you wait before the game launches before we point out how illogical the plot seems.

Regarding the Banished, they too would have to have been teleported to the Ark sometime after 2553. They wouldn’t’ve sat there while 04B fired.

I agree with your first paragraph, disagree with the last.

Its also not logically possible for the Spirit of Fire to reach the Ark in 28 years. So the only possible way they could have gotten there is by gong through a portal which would mean they wouldn’t be hit by the Ring’s pulse.

> 2533274825160595;5:
> Its also not logically possible for the Spirit of Fire to reach the Ark in 28 years. So the only possible way they could have gotten there is by gong through a portal which would mean they wouldn’t be hit by the Ring’s pulse.

It’s the only explanation. Waking up to the Ark would be awesome yeah people but it doesn’t make sense because of the Halo firing. This means yes, teleportation.

Figured the SoF teleporting there was pretty much a foregone conclusion.

I guess not, for some. Weird.

Yeah there is no way the SoF could’ve been near the ark without it’s lightspeed capabilities, as well as reasons stated above. So a portal or something is very likely.

Apparently how they got there and that flood spore from Escalation are going to be explained in Tales From Slipspace before the game comes out.

The ring never fired in the first place, just exploded. If it fired, Master Chief and all life on the Ark would have been dead, but as we know, that is not the case.

I believe the ring blew up right before firing, burning the surface of the ark and damaging it.

I think you are all forgetting that when Installation 4B fired it wasn’t ready and “shook itself apart.” Therefore one can assume the actual cleansing effect of the ring didn’t activate, it just exploded.

> 2533274845430275;11:
> I believe the ring blew up right before firing, burning the surface of the ark and damaging it.

That’s exactly what happened. Cheif and Sarge were going to fire the ring up in order to stop the flood, and Guilty Spark goes ballistic because the premature fire will and does destroy the Halo ring. They light it up and instead of firing correctly it is destroyed, which means it’s blast probably didn’t go nearly as far as it should have, if at all. So the Spirit of Fire could have been much closer than what the OP hypothesized. I’m not saying that’s how they got there since no one really knows, but it would be possible.