Warden Slayer Querry

Greetings friends,

I was curious if anyone could answer this question for me regarding Warzone. In my past few game sessions, I have been going after the Warden Eternal and his elite cadre in order to get that sustaining Legendary Takedown. While there have been a few times where my efforts have been successful, I have noticed that despite the few confirmations that I had succeeded in smiting the Warden back to the ethereal Domain and being awarded the Legendary Takedown, it appears that I have not received any progress towards the Warden Slayer Commendation. I’m just curious if anyone else was experiencing this or if there is something that I am overlooking.

Thanks friends! See you online!

If you do damage to him, you get the medal. You only get commendation progress if you actually get the killing blow. Everyone on the forums says you can just spray him with an smg at the end of his life and you’ll get the kill, but I find that rarely actually works.

Use high level reqs on him once he’s on the last 1/3 of his health bar. Things like High Five, or The Answer, or any mythic or tank you can get your hands on.

I would hold on till Warzone Firefight dude! :slight_smile:

> 2614366390849210;2:
> If you do damage to him, you get the medal. You only get commendation progress if you actually get the killing blow. Everyone on the forums says you can just spray him with an smg at the end of his life and you’ll get the kill, but I find that rarely actually works.
>
> Use high level reqs on him once he’s on the last 1/3 of his health bar. Things like High Five, or The Answer, or any mythic or tank you can get your hands on.

You have to get the final blow, e Ben if you do 99.9% damage but don’t get the final blo then it will not count

This makes it sort of difficult to figure out progression

They really should have made a boss assist medal so it wouldn’t confuse players. I find the best way to get the actual kill is with a tank. Time a shot right before his health is depleted to zero. A laser or banshee bomb works well also. Especially if you can hit his back.

> 2614366390849210;2:
> If you do damage to him, you get the medal. You only get commendation progress if you actually get the killing blow. Everyone on the forums says you can just spray him with an smg at the end of his life and you’ll get the kill, but I find that rarely actually works.
>
> Use high level reqs on him once he’s on the last 1/3 of his health bar. Things like High Five, or The Answer, or any mythic or tank you can get your hands on.

Thanks for the clarification! I’ll keep that in mind next time I’m in a match. I’m going to have to agree with RoninOjisan, the wording of the in-match notifications does make completing this, and indeed other Enemy Commendations, just a tad confusing. But I absolutely appreciate the feedback, from everyone! When it goes live next month, I would love to buddy up with some folks in Warzone Firefight, if anyone’s interested.

only 1 person actually gets the final shot for the kill. the medal goes for both killing and assisting

i dont understand, I AM getting the final killing blow, im on warden slayer 5/5 which says i have 1 out of 10 wardens killed, i played like 5 games and i kill about 3 wardens a game…
i should have gotten 10/10 wardens a long time ago but i really dont understand…
the longer i play halo 5 the more issues i find

Unfortunately you didn’t get the kill, just the takedown

Binary Rifle into the back of Warden when he is low health honestly guarantees the kill every time. I got the last Warden kill 3 games in a row doing this.