Warden Kill Commendation

A pressing matter has come to my attention. It would appear that the “Warden Eternal Kill Commendation” is disproportionately hard to complete. I’ve maxed out all my other alien enemy commendation EXCEPT Warden’s. Heck, I’m not even past level 3 yet. Here are a few reasons why that is:

-Warden is a legendary boss. Everyone and their grandmother is going to be attacking him.
-He is a LEGENDARY boss. He vary rarely pops up.
-The person who actually gets the kill commendation is the last person to register damage. That in itself is a HUGE issue because Warden has a huge health pool and typically 8+ people are shooting at him.
-Also even if you get the legendary kill commendation, it doesn’t mean you actually killed Warden yourself.

To top it all off, you need to max his commendation to get Forerunner Mastery. So its an all-round poor situation. So here is my suggestion: synchronize his kill commendation to his boss kill commendation. Saying you killed the boss but didn’t kill Warden doesn’t make much sense. You got the legendary medal? You got Warden Eternal. Commendation is now achievable.

That would be nice. For now, you can sit in a corner with a Arclight and steal the final shot. Works 90% of the time.

I don’t see it as much of a problem.

I wouldn’t want them to make all of the commendations easy to get as there wouldn’t be a sense of achievement.

I’m already on level 5/5 thanks to Firefight, need 10 more to complete it I think.

> 2533274806711091;3:
> I don’t see it as much of a problem.
>
> I wouldn’t want them to make all of the commendations easy to get as there wouldn’t be a sense of achievement.
>
> I’m already on level 5/5 thanks to Firefight, need 10 more to complete it I think.

I don’t want it easy by any means. I just don’t want it to take 5 months of grinding to be doable. All the other enemies are fairly common, even the Hunters don’t take too long to complete if you know where to find them. Its just that this ONE commendation is by far the slowest enemy comm to rank up.

> 2535447480293666;2:
> That would be nice. For now, you can sit in a corner with a Arclight and steal the final shot. Works 90% of the time.

Das mean very mean.

Although OP, I do see your issue and I agree. Although wouldn’t want to make it too easy.

> 2533274821609239;5:
> > 2535447480293666;2:
> > That would be nice. For now, you can sit in a corner with a Arclight and steal the final shot. Works 90% of the time.
>
>
> Das mean very mean.
>
> Although OP, I do see your issue and I agree. Although wouldn’t want to make it too easy.

Of course it shouldn’t be too easy. Its just that most of the enemy commendations can be maxed out simply by actively participating. I believe participating enough to get the boss takedown is a fair enough trade to register the kill.

How many does one need to kill in total ?

> 2533274961229108;7:
> How many does one need to kill in total ?

1. But for the sake of variables you may want to multiply that by 8. So an average of 208 Warden encounters will max the commendation, give or take a hundred.

I’m level 130 now and I play quite a bit of warzone and I’m still only on early level 4 for it. It is incredibly difficult and is the only enemy commendation that I do not have :frowning:

I haven’t completed this commendation but I have jumped to commendation level 5 with the Warden kills with a very easy method. At least I found it work about 90% of the time when trying to kill him. Use either a Scourge of Fire of White Scar and wait til his health is close to depleted and then just empty the entire clip really fast and each consecutive Caster mini explosion from each shot has almost always given me the kill. Also Warzone Firefight is where I found it most easy to encounter Warden and at least get multiple chances in the same match rather than just one or 2 in a standard Warzone game.

> 2533274887994300;10:
> I haven’t completed this commendation but I have jumped to commendation level 5 with the Warden kills with a very easy method. At least I found it work about 90% of the time when trying to kill him. Use either a Scourge of Fire of White Scar and wait til his health is close to depleted and then just empty the entire clip really fast and each consecutive Caster mini explosion from each shot has almost always given me the kill. Also Warzone Firefight is where I found it most easy to encounter Warden and at least get multiple chances in the same match rather than just one or 2 in a standard Warzone game.

Well my method is to assassinate him at 10% health. Both of these tactics require being at the right place at the right time with a focused purpose. The big picture is that one cannot simply advance this the commendation by playing normally (which a game should NEVER do).

> 2533274874817568;8:
> > 2533274961229108;7:
> > How many does one need to kill in total ?
>
>
> 26. But for the sake of variables you may want to multiply that by 8. So an average of 208 Warden encounters will max the commendation, give or take a hundred.

Thanks man. Just checked i’m level 5 1/10 need around 9. Guess playing only Firefight has its advantages. No way would I have even come close if I only tried this on warzone.

It’s about half luck. For about every 10 warden kills medals maybe one actually counts toward the commendation. You just gotta put shots on him when he’s nearly gone and hope the Guardians smile on you. I tried every strategy in the world. Better lucky than good.

> 2535468812026872;13:
> It’s about half luck. For about every 10 warden kills medals maybe one actually counts toward the commendation. You just gotta put shots on him when he’s nearly gone and hope the Guardians smile on you. I tried every strategy in the world. Better lucky than good.

NEVER should a game have commendations that rely more on luck than skill. Heck, most of the enemy commendations just require active participation.

> 2533274874817568;14:
> > 2535468812026872;13:
> > It’s about half luck. For about every 10 warden kills medals maybe one actually counts toward the commendation. You just gotta put shots on him when he’s nearly gone and hope the Guardians smile on you. I tried every strategy in the world. Better lucky than good.
>
>
> NEVER should a game have commendations that rely more on luck than skill. Heck, most of the enemy commendations just require active participation.

Agree. My very last warden kill that finished the commendation was on Darkstar. I chunked 2 grenades in his direction just hoping to kill some enemy spartans. I had to go back in theater to see why I got credit for the warden kill. I thought it was a glitch or whatever. My grenades bounced off a wall and wound up being the kill shot. Pure luck and kinda appropriate finishing the commendation that way. I don’t even bother anymore. Warden is annoying.

Just play WFF, there’s a lot of Wardens there.

> 2535433113586217;16:
> Just play WFF, there’s a lot of Wardens there.

And 7 other players all locked on to him. I said earlier that one only needs to kill 26 Wardens; however, for the sake of probability, it would require an average of 208 encounters to actually meet that requirement.

Honestly just load up on an Arclight and wait for him to be on critical health. Either that or run in guns blazing with an SMG and fill him full of lead. Worked for me when i was still working on the commendation.

Assassinations are a good way to guarantee you score the kill.

I save my phaetons for this and it still doesn’t work most of the time. I just encountered three wardens on arc and zero commendations. Layed into the first one with a tank a tried to time my last shot. Nothing. Second one I died half way through. Nothing, of course. And the third red one I brought out the phaeton and you guessed it, NOTHING! B.S. On Warden commendation. I don’t want it to be easy but my main goal since WFF has only been Warden and I’ve gotten about 10. I’m 37/40 on WFF wins so I’ve put in the work and bring in the big guns every opportunity I can and its still just a crap shoot on who gets it. Very annoying.