Warden Eternal-Pain-In-The--Yoink-

Why did 343 think it was necessary to fight this guy multiple times? Furthermore, who’s idea was it to fight 3 of him at once?!

I liked fighting him well three of him at the same time then I found away to just bypass that fight

I was originally under the impression that shooting him in the back was the only way to damage him. Once I learned shooting him in the head damages him, it made fighting three of him on Legendary Solo easier.

Scattershot to the back while on Legendary solo made quick work of a couple of them, then used a mix of mid and long range for the last one. I think it was their answer to the idea that Halo games have lacked legitimate boss fights. Plus the only REAL boss battle we have had before this was with Didact, which was a quick time event, and alot of people complained about it. Now we actually have a villain/nemesis that we actually get to fight the course of the game, and people are still complaining.

boring character,boring enemy…

Fighting the same boss over and over again. Works great for survival horror games, but for shooters? Not so much.

> 2533274815444731;3:
> I was originally under the impression that shooting him in the back was the only way to damage him. Once I learned shooting him in the head damages him, it made fighting three of him on Legendary Solo easier.

Yeah i found that out to late.

> 2535446184690121;2:
> I liked fighting him well three of him at the same time then I found away to just bypass that fight

> 2533274811291689;4:
> …Now we actually have a villain/nemesis and…people are still complaining.

Both true

Yeah. I mean for the campaign he’s a great boss. But for Warzone…well, it actually makes me a little bit frustrated XD

In my opinion it would be better if he had different abilities whenever you fought him again but yeah, beating 3 of them on legendary was pretty frustrating.

> 2533274811291689;4:
> Scattershot to the back while on Legendary solo made quick work of a couple of them, then used a mix of mid and long range for the last one. I think it was their answer to the idea that Halo games have lacked legitimate boss fights. Plus the only REAL boss battle we have had before this was with Didact, which was a quick time event, and alot of people complained about it. Now we actually have a villain/nemesis that we actually get to fight the course of the game, and people are still complaining.

Actually, DIdact wasn’t a real boss fight. It was exactly what you said: a quick time event. Heck, even Guilty Spark was more of a boss fight than Didact, and Spark was no genuine boss fight. The heretic leader and Tartarus were the only actual boss fights Halo has ever had before Warden, and both were more or less bad.

The reason people are complaining is that Warden Eternal is only proving point I’ve been making for years: boss fights don’t fit the universe and gameplay characteristics of Halo. Heretic leader and Tartarus were both bad bosses. One reason that applies to both is a crucial element of boss design: there has to be a definite, easily understandable way to damage the boss. It shouldn’t be left to guesswork how much damage the player has done, or if they’re doing any damage at all. Health bar is the traditional method, though definitely not in the spirit of Halo, and some kind of reaction from the boss is another much used one. Separately, the room where the heretic leader fight happened was badly designed for the particular fight, and Tartarus was a boring bullet sponge.

When it comes to Warden Eternal, I can’t really decide if it’s worse, or marginally better than Tartarus. On one hand, 343i definitely had something in mind how the Warden should be fought when they made the back the weak spot. On the other hand, that whole plan was butchered when somebody thought that they needed to make the boss more challenging, and after that nobody bothered to ask is there still a viable way to attack Warden. So we ended up with a boss that kills in one hit both at a distance, and up close. Moreover, the sword swipe has large enough area of effect that the tiniest dodge mistake will result in an instant death.

The battles with Warden are also overly extended. If there’s a boss for which the same attack needs to be done multiple times, the only rule that should be followed is: third time’s the charm. With Warden it’s, what, five to six(?) times you have to repeat the same: get behind, shoot the back until it explodes. It gets really boring really fast. After the third time, it’s obvious to the player that little thought was actually put into how to make the boss more challenging, and they instead went for the cheap way of making the fight longer, hence increasing the player’s chances of dying during it.

And then there’s the whole “reuse it until the player realizes what’s going on, and then just up the count and pretend that solves your problems”. To be perfectly honest, I never got to fight multiple Wardens because I kind of got tired the third time on Sanghelios, and it really hit me how lazily the campaign had been designed. Since then I’ve had no interest continuing any further.

I have never asked for boss fights in Halo. Halo has never had a adequately designed boss fight, and the failed attempts of two different developers to create one have made me more and more convinced that the best option would probably be to just give up completely. There are of course always going to be players who think that the past boss fights are anything but sad attempts, and the developers should really take another crack at a boss fight, but I can’t side with them on this. However, what I can side with them is that Warden Eternal is not the boss they deserve, and they are fully justified to demand for something better.

> 2533274825830455;11:
> > 2533274811291689;4:
> > Scattershot to the back while on Legendary solo made quick work of a couple of them, then used a mix of mid and long range for the last one. I think it was their answer to the idea that Halo games have lacked legitimate boss fights. Plus the only REAL boss battle we have had before this was with Didact, which was a quick time event, and alot of people complained about it. Now we actually have a villain/nemesis that we actually get to fight the course of the game, and people are still complaining.
>
>
> Actually, DIdact wasn’t a real boss fight. It was exactly what you said: a quick time event. Heck, even Guilty Spark was more of a boss fight than Didact, and Spark was no genuine boss fight. The heretic leader and Tartarus were the only actual boss fights Halo has ever had before Warden, and both were more or less bad.
>
> The reason people are complaining is that Warden Eternal is only proving point I’ve been making for years: boss fights don’t fit the universe and gameplay characteristics of Halo. Heretic leader and Tartarus were both bad bosses. One reason that applies to both is a crucial element of boss design: there has to be a definite, easily understandable way to damage the boss. It shouldn’t be left to guesswork how much damage the player has done, or if they’re doing any damage at all. Health bar is the traditional method, though definitely not in the spirit of Halo, and some kind of reaction from the boss is another much used one. Separately, the room where the heretic leader fight happened was badly designed for the particular fight, and Tartarus was a boring bullet sponge.
>
> When it comes to Warden Eternal, I can’t really decide if it’s worse, or marginally better than Tartarus. On one hand, 343i definitely had something in mind how the Warden should be fought when they made the back the weak spot. On the other hand, that whole plan was butchered when somebody thought that they needed to make the boss more challenging, and after that nobody bothered to ask is there still a viable way to attack Warden. So we ended up with a boss that kills in one hit both at a distance, and up close. Moreover, the sword swipe has large enough area of effect that the tiniest dodge mistake will result in an instant death.
>
> The battles with Warden are also overly extended. If there’s a boss for which the same attack needs to be done multiple times, the only rule that should be followed is: third time’s the charm. With Warden it’s, what, five to six(?) times you have to repeat the same: get behind, shoot the back until it explodes. It gets really boring really fast. After the third time, it’s obvious to the player that little thought was actually put into how to make the boss more challenging, and they instead went for the cheap way of making the fight longer, hence increasing the player’s chances of dying during it.
>
> And then there’s the whole “reuse it until the player realizes what’s going on, and then just up the count and pretend that solves your problems”. To be perfectly honest, I never got to fight multiple Wardens because I kind of got tired the third time on Sanghelios, and it really hit me how lazily the campaign had been designed. Since then I’ve had no interest continuing any further.
>
> I have never asked for boss fights in Halo. Halo has never had a adequately designed boss fight, and the failed attempts of two different developers to create one have made me more and more convinced that the best option would probably be to just give up completely. There are of course always going to be players who think that the past boss fights are anything but sad attempts, and the developers should really take another crack at a boss fight, but I can’t side with them on this. However, what I can side with them is that Warden Eternal is not the boss they deserve, and they are fully justified to demand for something better.

Thank you!

He wasn’t my issue in the game, Its how short Agent Locke and Chief fought. . .
The WARDEN PLAYED OUT like 343 wanted him to, LIKE ULTRON, that and he is probabably the greatest threat to humanity, there are thousands of him on each guardian and he control all of the at the sometime like ULTRON, when the guardians deploy on a planet, he is that POLICE force to keep the galaxy at peace.
Halo 6 is going to be crazy, The guardians deployed throughout the galaxy, meaning each planet is having to deal with the warden, SO he may just indeed replace the Promethean soldiers all together, which i wouldn’t mind