War zone Firefight Flood Edition

Now this is just an idea but what if there was a Warzone Firefight mode similar to the original wave-based firefight. But instead of fighting Covenant and Prometheans the attackers were the flood. It would be set on a Warzone map so you and your squad would have to choose a place to hunker down and attempt to survive the endless onslaught of the Flood.

Now I know the Flood is supposed to be destroyed but all multiplayer games are technically simulations so it would be entirely canon for them to put this in. It would just be a training simulation for Gen VI spartans so they knew what to do in case the flood ever returns for real. Just imagine the nostalgia of fighting off the Flood with your friends just like the old Halo’s, but this time with bigger and badder weapons and vehicles.

I know this is a pretty outlandish idea and the odds of it happening are slim but perhaps if everyone is really into it and 343 sees that people want it then maybe they could add it into a dlc or at least into Halo 6.

Let me know what you, and if you have any better ideas!

I do want one I mean Flood driving tanks and flood brutes and Grunts. That would be awesome.

If I’m correct there’s more flood on probably another ring so it would certainly fit canon wise. Now gameplay wise they better not be able to drive like they could in Halo 2. Those missions were so painful

Haha those missions were brutal. I think they also teased that there is some Flood aboard the Spirit of Fire.

In canon each Halo Ring has it’s own Flood Gravemind, so no the Flood is not entirely destroyed.

Oh God, I hope not. The Flood are literally the only thing I do not miss from the original trilogy.

Bring back the flood. I like the flood/covenant trilogy over the promethean/covenant duo so far.

If you’re able to play as a new breed of The Flood on Infection game types, there is without a doubt Flood still lurking around. At least in a new genetic way perhaps. The Flood none the less!

I want to see this happen too! In fact im gonna make a new topic about a potential REQ update 343 can do!

BUMP*

XO

Glad to see that it does fit the canon, I know that’s a really important thing to the community. Also to see I’m not the only person interested as well

> 2535442956515589;5:
> In canon each Halo Ring has it’s own Flood Gravemind, so no the Flood is not entirely destroyed.

That’s not true at all but to each his own

> 2535442956515589;5:
> In canon each Halo Ring has it’s own Flood Gravemind, so no the Flood is not entirely destroyed.

Um no. Each ring had flood spores for study. Delta is the only one with a gravemind because the monitor of that installation neglected protocol.

That’s very unlikely

The Flood was destroyed back in Halo 3

> 2533274867600309;12:
> That’s very unlikely
> The Flood was destroyed back in Halo 3

No, it was only destroyed at the Ark. There are still a lot of hidden facilities which have flood forms to study.
And we have no idea what is lurking beyond the borders of our galaxy… I can assure you, they will be back.

I’m in agreement.
As for the people saying the flood is destroyed, no it’s not. A very big chunk of them, yes. But there are still many hidden places that contain flood. (other installations and such)
for example, the flood was on the shield world in Halo Wars, which took place before Halo 1.

As much as I would rage playing against onslaughts of flood, I agree. Their return would be epic, and I feel their return demands a new Warzone map on its own.