War Sphynx or... the Didact? (H4 spoilers)

A theory re the Halo One trailer…

The Didact falls into the composer at the end of Halo 4.

And what does the composer do? Converts organic life into Prometheans. What if the giant robot at the end of the trailer is in fact the promethean form of the Didact?

Yes, a War Sphynx is more likely… but… its not impossible. Halo One needs an antagonist and it’s not like we exhausted the Didact’s potential in that regard. He’s also speaking at the end of the game.

> A theory re the Halo One trailer…
>
> The Didact falls into the composer at the end of Halo 4.
>
> And what does the composer do? Converts organic life into Prometheans. What if the giant robot at the end of the trailer is in fact the promethean form of the Didact?
>
> Yes, a War Sphynx is more likely… but… its not impossible. Halo One needs an antagonist and it’s not like we exhausted the Didact’s potential in that regard. He’s also speaking at the end of the game.

Well it had been buried there for quite some time, then of course the thing that makes the Prometheans could be underground. Unlikely though.

I also think that the Didact fell through a warphole, not through the beam of the Composer, I also think that his armor would be made so it protects him from the effects of the composer. I could be wrong.

Last, the speech made by the Didact at the end, I have yet to see a confirmation of it, seems more like a speech made to other forerunners when he is sentances to exile.

Hmmm was it buried there, or just waiting to pounce?

Also… it wasn’t the beam itself shown on Ivanoff station… the radiation / energy from the beam is what appeared to cause the effect.

Still… interesting points :slight_smile:

I’m not sure it’s the Didact, but as you say it could be… any kind of plot twist could bring him back.

That thing doesn’t match the description of War Sphinxes that I have read… but a Bird of Prey could be totally possible. Who knows what other neat things Forerunners had.

I’m also not sure it’s an antagonist, either. Big and imposing, yes. But I’m not convinced Chief dug it up to fight it… yet…

I have considered many other options. The Iso-Didact? Faber? Falchion? Librarian? Something/Someone we’ve never met before now? The speculation is driving me wild.

> I’m not sure it’s the Didact, but as you say it could be… any kind of plot twist could bring him back.
>
> That thing doesn’t match the description of War Sphinxes that I have read… but a Bird of Prey could be totally possible. Who knows what other neat things Forerunners had.
>
> I’m also not sure it’s an antagonist, either. Big and imposing, yes. But I’m not convinced Chief dug it up to fight it… yet…
>
> I have considered many other options. The Iso-Didact? Faber? Falchion? Librarian? Something/Someone we’ve never met before now? The speculation is driving me wild.

Lordy!

It could even be one of the things corrupted by The Flood during the war.

I hadn’t considered it might not be a foe either… just because the chief goes into his best “I’m going to completely own you” pose at the end.

Keep in mind that it’s impossible for the Didact to be composed due to the mutations he put onto himself in an attempt to immune him to Flood infection. This is revealed in the game’s Terminals.

I do not believe that the Didact is dead, but I’m certain that what we saw in the trailer isn’t him either.

The Ur-Didact is immune to the Composer

/End of Thread

I’m leaning towards a Seeker, essentially the newer incarnation of a War Sphinx.

> A theory re the Halo One trailer…
>
> The Didact falls into the composer at the end of Halo 4.
>
> And what does the composer do? Converts organic life into Prometheans. What if the giant robot at the end of the trailer is in fact the promethean form of the Didact?
>
> Yes, a War Sphynx is more likely… but… its not impossible. Halo One needs an antagonist and it’s not like we exhausted the Didact’s potential in that regard. He’s also speaking at the end of the game.

Someone’s been skipping the Domain terminals lol :slight_smile:

It looks to big to be a War Sphinx to me. Whatever it is, I want Mendicant Bias to be controlling it.

To expand on what Astro said, the Didact, in a failed attempt to make himself immune to the flood, ended up immune to the Composer.

So the two known characters that are immune to the composer are the Ur-Didact and Master Chief.

I’m with DecepticonCobra in that it’s probably a Seeker, but wouldn’t it be interesting if the Didact was piloting it (I don’t actually remember if they have pilots,) since he is going to be a character in the rest of the Saga.

> To expand on what Astro said, the Didact, in a failed attempt to make himself immune to the flood, ended up immune to the Composer.
>
> So the two known characters that are immune to the composer are the Ur-Didact and Master Chief.
>
> I’m with DecepticonCobra in that it’s probably a Seeker, but wouldn’t it be interesting if the Didact was piloting it (I don’t actually remember if they have pilots,) since he is going to be a character in the rest of the Saga.

That would not be interesting.
If the Didact is piloting it, then it is only an enemy.
But if it is sentient, then it has potential to be an ally, if the theory of Mendicant Bias is correct.
I like a little depth in my enemies. Prometheans were never friendly. They were just bullet sponges.
When H2 came out, then I began to like it more, because we got an inside view on the workings of the Covenant.

It’s more than likely Mendicant Bias

Maybe that thing is protecting mendicant bias’s tomb or maybe that’s what mendicant bias will like in Halo 5, but was he that huge?

Last I checked, this was Mendicant Bias.

> Last I checked, this was Mendicant Bias.

Wasn’t that just Cortana’s imagination of what 05-032 looked like? As far as I remember, all that was seen in that episode was just the way Cortana pictured it. They weren’t 100% accurate in appearance.

> To expand on what Astro said, the Didact, in a failed attempt to make himself immune to the flood, ended up immune to the Composer.
>
> So the two known characters that are immune to the composer are the Ur-Didact and Master Chief.
>
> I’m with DecepticonCobra in that it’s probably a Seeker, but wouldn’t it be interesting if the Didact was piloting it (I don’t actually remember if they have pilots,) since he is going to be a character in the rest of the Saga.

Seekers didn’t have a “face,” doesn’t fit. Nor was it that big.

For now, let’s just agree to call it a “Giant Forerunner Robot Owl”.

> For now, let’s just agree to call it a “Giant Forerunner Robot Owl”.

Something I thought of was “pheonix”.

So I’ve dubbed it “Forerunner Pheonix”. As for some reason I think it fits.