War Games Update Required!

I just played a match of CTF on Harvest and there was friendly fire. I’m not sure if it was because of the game mode but it was friendly fire. Someone purposely team-killed me and I didn’t get the option to boot, out of the whole 905 matches I’ve played i’ve never got the option to boot player who betray me. Fix this please!

Also 343i. As a Halo fan, could you please add on search preferences. It will make me enjoy my matches so much more when I can search for matches with people with good connections. Please 343i.

Who’s with me?

Do you know who killed you? Might’ve been someone with vicious aim. I believe you, but 343 is gonna need video proof. If you have theater mode, find the game and save the clip. Upload it onto File Share and add a description defining the team killing. There’s also an awesome guy named OvThyDemise on the forums willing to capture your films! Can’t find the link anymore, but find the name, find the thread(it’s relatively new, don’t worry). If you get him to, thank him.
Hope this helps :smiley:

There is no manual reporting or appeals process for betrayals.

I’m pretty sure that Halo 4 uses the same booting system as Reach. In Reach, the damage (lethal or otherwise) you inflict on your teammates is tracked across multiple matches. The more damage you inflict, the less likely you are to receive a boot prompt when you are betrayed, and the more likely someone else will get that prompt if you betray them.

It’s a system that sounds great on paper, but is far from perfect in practice. If you find yourself accidentally hitting teammates or harming them with splash damage, then playing more cautiously may help you to work with the system.

>

I don’t mean to be rude, but doing all of that would be a bit of an overreaction. :\

> There is no manual reporting or appeals process for betrayals.
>
> I’m pretty sure that Halo 4 uses the same booting system as Reach. In Reach, the damage (lethal or otherwise) you inflict on your teammates is tracked across multiple matches. The more damage you inflict, the less likely you are to receive a boot prompt when you are betrayed, and the more likely someone else will get that prompt if you betray them.
>
> It’s a system that sounds great on paper, but is far from perfect in practice. If you find yourself accidentally hitting teammates or harming them with splash damage, then playing more cautiously may help you to work with the system.
>
>
>
>
> >
>
> I don’t mean to be rude, but doing all of that would be a bit of an overreaction. :\

True. If it was a major bug, then 343 could patch it, which is what the instructions were for.
Drama Queen me!

> There is no manual reporting or appeals process for betrayals.
>
> I’m pretty sure that Halo 4 uses the same booting system as Reach. In Reach, <mark>the damage (lethal or otherwise) you inflict on your teammates is tracked across multiple matches. The more damage you inflict, the less likely you are to receive a boot prompt when you are betrayed, and the more likely someone else will get that prompt if you betray them.</mark>
>
> It’s a system that sounds great on paper, but is far from perfect in practice. If you find yourself accidentally hitting teammates or harming them with splash damage, then playing more cautiously may help you to work with the system.
>
>
>
>
> >
>
> I don’t mean to be rude, but doing all of that would be a bit of an overreaction. :\

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh, that’s why I’m not able to boot other players.
I just get revenge on them.