War Games Tweaks

Hello Halo fans! It has been quit awhile since Halo 4 has come out. After thoroughly experimenting with War Games and reviewed several community inputs, I have devised a list of minor tweaks that would improve the Halo 4 multiplayer experience.

1. Improve thruster pack distance in War Games.
    Reason: Feels underpowered in the intensity of War Games.
  2. Do not fully “sheath” weapon when using Hardlight Shield.
    Reason: User has a full second of defenselessness when their shield is deactivated; neutralizing the initial point of the AA.
  3. 11 rounds(3 2/3 bursts) from battle rifle to down shields.
    Reason: Simply to put it on par with the DMR. This allows for a 4shot kill with perfect(and I mean perfect) aim.
  4. Reduce ordinance frequency.
    Reason: Combining ordinance drops with the map’s ordinance makes it too easy to stock up on power weapons.
  5. Boltshot (Not gonna step into that mine field).
  6. Slightly(and I mean slightly) reduce DMR Rate of Fire.
    Reason: With its current ROF, minor bloom and ammo capacity, the DMR is dwarfing the other loadout weapons.
  7. Reduce ammo consumption of plasma pistol to 1%.
    Reason: The plasma pistol was nerfed beyond reason just to make it a sidearm. It deserves to have at least some longevity to its use.

These are minor, yet significant tweaks. I feel this will give a much more balanced and “fair” feel to War Games.

> 1. Improve thruster pack distance in War Games.
> Reason: Feels underpowered in the intensity of War Games.
>
> I agree.
>
> 2. Do not fully “sheath” weapon when using Hardlight Shield.
> Reason: User has a full second of defenselessness when their shield is deactivated; neutralizing the initial point of the AA.
>
> This is a maybe for me, I feel it makes it less like a crutch with the sheath.
>
> 3. 11 rounds(3 2/3 bursts) from battle rifle to down shields.
> Reason: Simply to put it on par with the DMR. This allows for a 4shot kill with perfect(and I mean perfect) aim.
>
> No the AR is fine and is the best spray weapon in the game ATM.
>
> 4. Reduce ordinance frequency.
> Reason: Combining ordinance drops with the map’s ordinance makes it too easy to stock up on power weapons.
>
> Agree.
>
> 5. Boltshot (Not gonna step into that mine field).
>
> I feel for you there, lol.

> 3. 11 rounds(3 2/3 bursts) from battle rifle to down shields.
> Reason: Simply to put it on par with the DMR. This allows for a 4shot kill with perfect(and I mean perfect) aim.
>
> No the AR is fine and is the best spray weapon in the game ATM.

Um, I said battle rifle. I say this because it is almost completely outclassed by the DMR at every turn. The DMR shoots faster, has more ammo(relatively), and has better range. The battle rifle has almost no unique use besides a nostalgic feel.

Take note. I am a Halo veteran, and I would not mention these tweaks without reason. I want War Games to be skill based and more player friendly. For that to happen, everything needs to have something uniquely useful, without dwarfing or being dwarfed.