War Games Armour Canon?

I saw somebody mention that they believe the armour available to Spartans in War Games is likely not available to them outside of the simulation.

I’ve always assumed that in the War Games simulation, the Spartans use their own real life armour configurations and that carries over into the simulation. If that makes sense.

Can somebody explain if this is the case?

What you wear in War Games is what you where all the time. We see this in Halo 4 when your customized Spartan is used for both War Games and Spartan Ops.

It’s canon. Whoever said that is more than likely butthurt about 343’s armor design.

The armor used in War Games would be the same kind used in actual combat, despite some being ugly and impractical as hell. (I’m looking at you, Seeker)

Sorry, maybe canon wasn’t the right word. What I mean is, if you see a Spartan wearing the Soldier armour set in War Games, does that mean that they wear that set in real life? Or do they just kinda play Spartan dress up in war games with armour they’ll never really acquire.

> 2533274983984382;5:
> Sorry, maybe canon wasn’t the right word. What I mean is, if you see a Spartan wearing the Soldier armour set in War Games, does that mean that they wear that set in real life? Or do they just kinda play Spartan dress up in war games with armour they’ll never really acquire.

Nope that’s what they use in a real operation. A Spartan gets 1 free set of armor on joining the Spartan Branch, but must acquire other through being assigned to specific units or roles.

> 2533274983984382;5:
> Sorry, maybe canon wasn’t the right word. What I mean is, if you see a Spartan wearing the Soldier armour set in War Games, does that mean that they wear that set in real life? Or do they just kinda play Spartan dress up in war games with armour they’ll never really acquire.

This gave me a chuckle, I get what you mean though. Spartans suit up for war games, with the same armour they would wear in the field. As someone posted earlier, Spartan Ops is a good example.

Their armour is their armour. The only thing simulated is the environment and “killing”

You mean the SEEKER helmet is canon? That’s depressing

No it’s real. Isn’t that the whole point of War Games anyway? To practice your tactical skills and test out new armor? I wouldn’t put on kit in the field that wasn’t rigorously tested first.

Considering that the Athlon armor appears to have been designed SOLELY for War Games, I wouldn’t be surprised if the armor isn’t actually used in the field.

I find it difficult to believe that each Spartan has 200+ sets of armour allotted to them. I highly doubt ‘my Spartan’ owns half the crap that I do in-game. I’m leaning towards in-simulation. Other wise someone actually made Pizza ARs for military use.

The idea that the Ricohet armour is canon is genuinely saddening

> 2533274833893244;13:
> The idea that the Ricohet armour is canon is genuinely saddening

Ricochet armor is like Athlon, it was created for specific use in the War Games. In Ricochet’s case the gametype the armor is named after.

> 2533275007059966;9:
> You mean the SEEKER helmet is canon? That’s depressing

I’d say the same about the Hayabusa helm. It looks like someone glued a bunch of paper-mache to a bucket, cut some eyes into it, and gave it an exotic name.

> 2533274950478805;15:
> > 2533275007059966;9:
> > You mean the SEEKER helmet is canon? That’s depressing
>
>
> I’d say the same about the Hayabusa helm. It looks like someone glued a bunch of paper-mache to a bucket, cut some eyes into it, and gave it an exotic name.

Agreed, no idea why people seem to worship it, it looks like paper mache.

Only times they might not wear the armor outside of War Games is

1. If its a prototype not ready for field use.
  2. They are testing what armor suits them the best before actual field use.

And do remember that they do change up what they wear. Cause most Spartan-IV only wear Recruit at the start of training.

Halo Online is the only time when Armour is not ready to be used outside of simulation purposes, Halo 4 and 5 feature armour that has passed its testing.

> 2533274836874363;17:
> Only times they might not wear the armor outside of War Games is
>
> 1) If its a prototype not ready for field use.
> 2) They are testing what armor suits them the best before actual field use.
>
> And do remember that they do change up what they wear. Cause most Spartan-IV only wear Recruit at the start of training.

Makes me wonder how much of a choice they have in the armor selection.

> 2533274904245048;18:
> Halo Online is the only time when Armour is not ready to be used outside of simulation purposes, Halo 4 and 5 feature armour that has passed its testing.

Not entirely, Armors like seeker and athalon are prototypes or just are for the simulation.