War City (Halo 2A Custom Map)

So remade this map I did in Halo 4 called War City. It’s essentially a large scale urban setting. It features four buildings each with a switch gimmick, and two team spawn bases on the edge of the map. Two more (smaller) spawn bases rest in the opposing corners. The city’s streets are closed in by a crude but passable wall. Each building has two floors and ways to the roof (where they all connect).

Top Down View

One of the signature gimmicks of the map is my ‘Teleport Highway’, where the very ends of the block have vehicle teleporters that transfer you to another end of a street, simulating a nice long drive through the city (but mostly it leads to lol splats). In the pic above, the endcaps at the north, south, east, and west are these teleporters.

A few days ago I had a small playtest with four other guys in FFA.

I made some small changes based on the playtest since, but what really needs to happen is big team slayer. I never got to do this with my past version in Halo 4, so I will be planning bigger games soon. I’ll be dressing this town up for some objective games, too.

Anyway just thought I’d share. Forge On and all that.

based on the video, It looks great! Would love to play it but got no one to play with :confused:

I’d guess you are going to be adding some aesthetics like street lights and crates on the streets because they do look quite plain. A nice streetlight effect can be given from race checkpoint objects.

I agree with CorruptKnight. It looks great, but I feel as though the streets need cover for the players without vehicles. I would really like to see how this plays with 8 v 8 or maybe even 6 v 6.

> 2533274882881665;2:
> based on the video, It looks great! Would love to play it but got no one to play with :confused:
>
> I’d guess you are going to be adding some aesthetics like street lights and crates on the streets because they do look quite plain. A nice streetlight effect can be given from race checkpoint objects.

A buddy also pointed out that the streets are very open and could be a sniper’s dream. I’ll see what I can do.

> 2533274831987092;3:
> I agree with CorruptKnight. It looks great, but I feel as though the streets need cover for the players without vehicles. I would really like to see how this plays with 8 v 8 or maybe even 6 v 6.

I would love a larger team slayer game. Believe me I wouldn’t post this if I wasn’t planning some recruitment soon.

> 2533274797640604;5:
> > 2533274831987092;3:
> > I agree with CorruptKnight. It looks great, but I feel as though the streets need cover for the players without vehicles. I would really like to see how this plays with 8 v 8 or maybe even 6 v 6.
>
>
> I would love a larger team slayer game. Believe me I wouldn’t post this if I wasn’t planning some recruitment soon.

Well, if you need more players, hit me up. I am usually only available in the evening after 7-ish PST. My gamertag: The Mighty Dino

I like it! I would play it however I don’t own TMCC, nor and Xbox One. But great job on your creation! :smiley:

> 2533274831987092;6:
> > 2533274797640604;5:
> > > 2533274831987092;3:
> > > I agree with CorruptKnight. It looks great, but I feel as though the streets need cover for the players without vehicles. I would really like to see how this plays with 8 v 8 or maybe even 6 v 6.
> >
> >
> >
> > I would love a larger team slayer game. Believe me I wouldn’t post this if I wasn’t planning some recruitment soon.
>
>
> Well, if you need more players, hit me up. I am usually only available in the evening after 7-ish PST. My gamertag: The Mighty Dino

I’ll send a request later and keep ya posted for the next playtest.

> 2535447429442574;7:
> I like it! I would play it however I don’t own TMCC, nor and Xbox One. But great job on your creation! :smiley:

Eventually you’ll come around and perhaps you can step into town.

looks good

Great map! It has some very creative ideas! I could use someone like you to help me make a map that could quite possibly be the biggest forge creation yet. Im making a team of 3-5 guys to help me design this! And I would love for you to be on the team! If interested reply to this thread or even message me on Xbox One! GT: KAOS COVAD KILL. Thank you!

> 2533274864451415;11:
> Great map! It has some very creative ideas! I could use someone like you to help me make a map that could quite possibly be the biggest forge creation yet. Im making a team of 3-5 guys to help me design this! And I would love for you to be on the team! If interested reply to this thread or even message me on Xbox One! GT: KAOS COVAD KILL. Thank you!

I sent a request and I’ll take a look at your construction. Only one other time I actually worked with somebody on a forge map (Halo Reach), I’m used to floating about in guilty spark mode aimlessly in the solitude. Should be interesting.

Made some slight adjustments to War City after two more playtests (4v4). The consensus remains that this map is probably best appreciated with at least 10plyrs. Still haven’t gathered that many guys yet. YET.

I added some team color on the walls of the team’s street corners. This simple addition actually makes it easier to track your placement while using the teleport highway. Hard to explain, but essentially the wall colors can assist you in deciding if you really wanna take the teleport.

Some weapon adjustments in the buildings.

I may do a YT video breaking down the map sometime. I feel it is physically finished and only needs spawn, weapon, and gametype compatibility. Then I can get started on SPACE RAID.