Want to know what no one is complaining about?

Game play. Sure, we have a lot of moaning and groaning popping up now that req packs are being sold as microtransactions and some people just cant stand that they aren’t able to play as elites but I for one am happy that everyone seems to be in agreement that Halo 5 has some solid, balanced combat. Honestly at this point many people are simply nit picking and missing the forest for the trees, so cheer up and realize how good this game is going to be!

Op get ready for hate. Not from me tho, I can appreciate a good sunshine pumper when I see one!

> 2533274803896054;1:
> Game play. Sure, we have a lot of moaning and groaning popping up now that req packs are being sold as microtransactions and some people just cant stand that they aren’t able to play as elites but I for one am happy that everyone seems to be in agreement that Halo 5 has some solid, balanced combat. Honestly at this point many people are simply nit picking and missing the forest for the trees, so cheer up and realize how good this game is going to be!

You good sir have a negative attitude. These forums will not tolerate such negative behavior. We are all adults here.

Other than a few gimmicky abilities which have no place in a competitive game (i.e. ground pound and spartan charge) the gameplay looks great. I loved the beta.

inb4 sprint

But seriously, I’m incredibly excited for the gameplay and expect it to be my favorite of the franchise. To me, it’s original Halo with modern mechanics. Dare I say, Combat Evolved?

Well, gameplay was debated during the beta. Not as many people get to play war zone, so we don’t have an actual understanding of how the game works with the tweaks they’ve made. I’ve seen a few things, like more bloom in the zoomed AR–and that looks like it balances a bit, but I can only speculate from this point.

> 2533274805497312;5:
> inb4 sprint
>
> But seriously, I’m incredibly excited for the gameplay and expect it to be my favorite of the franchise. To me, it’s original Halo with modern mechanics. Dare I say, Combat Evolved?

That was a good one

> 2533274791978557;4:
> Other than a few gimmicky abilities which have no place in a competitive game (i.e. ground pound and spartan charge) the gameplay looks great. I loved the beta.

And who says they have no place?

Sprint is a big enough failure in itself in Halo and it’s been complained about enough. Not to mention as stated above, ground pound? Really, why was that added? At least they said they’ll be moving the button off crouch.

Yeah this place is going to get more chaotic than warzone soon. The sprint topic will start…

Inb4 sprint…

> 2535448469148226;9:
> Sprint is a big enough failure in itself in Halo and it’s been complained about enough. Not to mention as stated above, ground pound? Really, why was that added? At least they said they’ll be moving the button off crouch.

DAMN IT.

I am optimistic about H5, but the e3 for it was a little disappointing for me. I’m not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but I will miss Firefight and the introduction of micro transactions does make me sad. I don’t think they are inherently a bad thing, but I do think it cheapens the experience.

> 2535448469148226;9:
> Sprint is a big enough failure in itself in Halo and it’s been complained about enough. Not to mention as stated above, ground pound? Really, why was that added? At least they said they’ll be moving the button off crouch.

It was added to make Halo more fast paced, more “modern”. Everyone who I played the beta with (All of the highest rank, Semi-pro/Pros) very much enjoyed it, as did I. I’ve played every Halo at their prime and can say that this is definitely the best Halo in a long time and I loved all the Halo’s before it too.

That’s because the gameplay looks balanced, fun, and competitive. Granted my only gripe is microtransactions, I almost am inclined to be okay with it, since free map packs. Halo 5 kind of has something for everyone. Warzone for the microtransactions and weapon customization, and arena for the classic Halo feel. I’m excited for both. To me the most important aspects of a game are gameplay, story, and yes, graphics (they immerse you in the game if they look real). Regardless, I think it’s safe to say Halo 5 hits on all these points. Plus, req packs can be earned, and non cosmetic items are only for Warzone.

On regards to sprint, I personally am neutral. I don’t sprint normally because my hands have issues working, and clicking a stick can be difficult. It doesn’t have a “classic” Halo feel, but it has a feel that I believe it should. Spartans 550 years in the future shouldn’t be able to go faster than a jog? Really? I also like how they added that your shields cannot recharge with sprint, so there is negatives.

Overall it’s shaping to be a great, balanced game. They’ll always be complainers, especially on forums. However I’m more inclined to hate a game after I play it.

> 2533274857398125;8:
> > 2533274791978557;4:
> > Other than a few gimmicky abilities which have no place in a competitive game (i.e. ground pound and spartan charge) the gameplay looks great. I loved the beta.
>
>
> And who says they have no place?

They just feel out of place. Since every other game being released today has a ground pound 343 felt the need to add it to Halo. I’m willing to bet ground pound will be removed from HCS.

Don’t get me wrong, ground pound is cool for campaign and warzone. It just seems out of place in the arena.

'every

> 2533274791978557;14:
> > 2533274857398125;8:
> > > 2533274791978557;4:
> > > Other than a few gimmicky abilities which have no place in a competitive game (i.e. ground pound and spartan charge) the gameplay looks great. I loved the beta.
> >
> >
> > And who says they have no place?
>
>
> They just feel out of place. Since every other game being released today has a ground pound 343 felt the need to add it to Halo. I’m willing to bet ground pound will be removed from HCS.
>
> Don’t get me wrong, ground pound is cool for campaign and warzone. It just seems out of place in the arena.

Let me guess, you’re going to point out something like advanced warfare? 343i showed ground pound before advanced warfare showed it. Ground pound is pretty good and feels satisfying. Not unbalanced either.

The gameplay is pretty solid. I’m okay with the gameplay.

Gameplay in Halo hasnt felt this nice since 3, story/gameplay wise: im insanely hyped for it.

Just some of their other handlings leave me scratching my head.

Overall, I cant wait to play Guardians when I get back from Europe! (I will have to go dark my 3.5 months there xD)

I guess you weren’t around in these forums just after the Beta. There was a riot against most of the SA’s as well as the weapon markers.

We’re getting all maps for free and the microtransactions partially finance the HCS price-pools (Smite does the same thing btw.), so I think microtransactions are tolerable in this case.

> 2535416467433124;13:
> That’s because the gameplay looks balanced, fun, and competitive. Granted my only gripe is microtransactions, I almost am inclined to be okay with it, since free map packs. Halo 5 kind of has something for everyone. Warzone for the microtransactions and weapon customization, and arena for the classic Halo feel. I’m excited for both. To me the most important aspects of a game are gameplay, story, and yes, graphics (they immerse you in the game if they look real). Regardless, I think it’s safe to say Halo 5 hits on all these points. Plus, req packs can be earned, and non cosmetic items are only for Warzone.
>
> On regards to sprint, I personally am neutral. I don’t sprint normally because my hands have issues working, and clicking a stick can be difficult. It doesn’t have a “classic” Halo feel, but it has a feel that I believe it should. Spartans 550 years in the future shouldn’t be able to go faster than a jog? Really? I also like how they added that your shields cannot recharge with sprint, so there is negatives.
>
> Overall it’s shaping to be a great, balanced game. They’ll always be complainers, especially on forums. However I’m more inclined to hate a game after I play it.

I can’t wait for Halo 5, that being said, recent news are impacting my hype. When you say that Halo 5 will have something for everyone, I tend to disagree somewhat:

1. No elites and no forge(or at least custom games) in Warzone maps = very little potential for machinimas. And from what we know so far, it seems AI won’t be forgeable in maps. People will have to rely on Halo Reach and Halo 2 anniversary for cool elite vs Spartans warfare, which is a shame, since Warzone epic maps and the new Spartan abilites could have made epic videos.

2. No Firefight = Big bummer for people who enjoy arcade PVE without the need to play online only. Reach was awesome for that, and friend challenges and couch-coop was awesome.

3. No splitscreen in campaign = Huge letdown for every couple who enjoyed campaign, friends, for players who don’t like MP, etc.

Honestly the only thing I’m bummed about is the death of Halo night. No real LAN experience, and limited local split screen if any are a big bummer
Having said that I’m super pumped about the gameplay. So much so that I wish i could share it with my friends.