Want to hear a joke? Yoink! ALPHA ZOMBIES please fix it!

Alpha Zombies has to be a joke played on us by Bungie…

Really…

THERE IS NO -Yoinking!- WAY THEY TESTED THIS -Yoink- BEFORE THEY RELEASED IT!!!

You give the human players a hitscan pistol and Shotgun, and then you give the Zombies only a Sword and Sprint…

FAIL

At least with regular Invasion Evade gave the Zombies a tactical chance to punish errors with swift death. Hell regular Infection works great in Reach, because both sides have equal balance, the Zombies have speedy movements, the humans have better weapons.

There is NOTHING Alpha about Alpha Zombies in Reach and its a complete joke. The Alpha Zombies only advantage over other Zombies is that he can run without stopping. That means that he will die even more than a regular Zombie already will with Sprint as the ONLY approach against a shotgun…

Imagine every frustration you have ever had in Reach as a Zombie with multiple campers on Sword Base or The Cage (both easy to camp maps). Now multiply that by 10000000x and thats Alpha Zombies in a nutshell…

It sounds like more of a complaint about dying than anything else…

Have you ever thought that Bungie did this intentionally, because people asked for it.

Alpha Zombies was based on the original Halo 2 custom games that created infection. The humans are at an advantage, that is what zombies is based on.

Living Dead is more popular than ever. Alpha zombies should stay for this very reason, many people like it/ play it for what ever reason.

Also, camping is a legitimate strategy, and is essential for survival in zombies, whether it is Infection, Alpha Zombies, Halo 2, 3 or Reach.

> Also, camping is a legitimate strategy, and is essential for survival in zombies, whether it is Infection, Alpha Zombies, Halo 2, 3 or Reach.

Or a real Zombie Outbreak.

Agreed. ^

OP, the problem is not with Alpha Zombies, it is with the maps. I’ve played Alphas on balanced maps in Customs – as have many people – and it’s clearly the best gametype in the playlist. The maps are just broken beyond description.

Also, the tone of your post probably won’t get you a lot of sympathy. Take it from someone who uses that same tone more frequently than he should.

Also, this thread already exists.

> > Also, camping is a legitimate strategy, and is essential for survival in zombies, whether it is Infection, Alpha Zombies, Halo 2, 3 or Reach.
>
> Or a real Zombie Outbreak.

Most complaints with “camping” refer to the exploitation and abuse of map design or construction flaws, not to simply holding a position. And realism is not a justification for dreadful gameplay.

> THERE IS NO Yoink! WAY THEY TESTED THIS Yoink! BEFORE THEY RELEASED IT!!!

You’re talking about Reach as a whole now, right?

> > THERE IS NO Yoink! WAY THEY TESTED THIS Yoink! BEFORE THEY RELEASED IT!!!
>
> You’re talking about Reach as a whole now, right?

Haha wowww:)
I KNOW right… the beta was pretty amazing though…

I’d like to see active camo make its way into the zombie playlist… just seems right to me<33
Ha and get rid of that magnum and replace it with a plasma pistol or something…

I think they should probably change the bright red color of the alphas for one.
But other than that, not sure outside of giving them a light shield?