Want to boost pre-orders and first day sales?

Do something similar to Gears of War 2 with the flashback map pack.

Have a Halo Throwback pack free if you buy the game new or pre-order or 800 points if you get it used.

Map pack would contain:

3 multiplayer maps
Halo CE Map (Prisoner)
Halo 2 map (Lockout)
Halo 3 map (Sandtrap)

1 Firefight map
ODST map (Crater)

3 armory items
Mark V Helmet (early access obtainable later on in the game)
Mark VI Helmet (early access obtainable later on in the game)
SGT Johnson FF voice

Everyone wins this way because the sales boost so more people buy the game to buy future DLC and the customer isn’t shafted with a weak amount of maps.

This would actually be great. If they do this, I’m going to preorder.

Something like this will happen. Maybe not a map pack, but you’re already seeing it with the likes of the new grunt skull and Master Chief’s avatar armour for Anniversary pre-orders. The whole cut something from the game and offer it as a pre order incentive thing has caught on surprisingly fast.

Anyway, I like your idea. As long as Microsoft doesn’t do the thing where the give different pre order bonuses to different retailers and make it impossible for you to get everything, I’ll be happy.

I think they sould turn 1 from each game instead of just 1-3
Maybe
From halo wars blood river
and reach I guess the best is ether boneyard or Highlands

just give us a classic map pack for the love of God! I just want my halo 2 maps!

maybe a halo 1 map pack dlc

halo 2 map pack dlc

halo 3 map pack dlc

just work it like that. Include like 5 maps this time not 3, no firefight maps, no one plays that, it’s not important.

what made halo 2 so successful was it’s superior map packs…

bungie had never truly been able to beat halo 2’s AMAZING map packs from halo 3 onward. If you just give us those beloved halo 2 maps again, we will SURELY be happy, and really have no need for new maps :slight_smile:

> just give us a classic map pack for the love of God! I just want my halo 2 maps!
>
> maybe a halo 1 map pack dlc
>
> halo 2 map pack dlc
>
> halo 3 map pack dlc
>
>
> just work it like that. Include like 5 maps this time not 3, no firefight maps, no one plays that, it’s not important.
>
>
> what made halo 2 so successful was it’s superior map packs…
>
> bungie had never truly been able to beat halo 2’s AMAZING map packs from halo 3 onward. If you just give us those beloved halo 2 maps again, we will SURELY be happy, and really have no need for new maps :slight_smile:

I agree haha.

That would be a smart plan, i think. get more people to buy early, and save money