Want Oldschool halo back?

Then stop whining about the reclaimer trilogy and go play the older games.
all I’m seeing on these forums is people complaining about a game they don’t have to play.
The majority of you knew what you were getting into to begin with, you played the beta, you saw the trailers.
Yet instead of avoiding halo 5, you bought it and then took to the forums, armed with salt shakers.
And it looks like 343 are trying so hard to please a community that are too ignorant or just want to jump on the hate train.
I think halo 5 is a masterpiece of competitive multiplayer and casual content, and I know a lot of people who think the same.
stop pulling out the pitch forks and start realising why they’re innovating a franchise, the lack of splitscreen, the req system and free content updates are all a step in the right direction.

TL;DR : Halo has changed, trust them rather than complaining.

Did I read you correctly? “Lack of Splitscreen” is innovating?

> 2533274923562209;2:
> Did I read you correctly? “Lack of Splitscreen” is innovating?

It is when it allows increase frame rate, resolution and AI intelligence, id choose that over a dying feature.

> 2533274825454566;1:
> Then stop whining about the reclaimer trilogy and go play the older games.
> all I’m seeing on these forums is people complaining about a game they don’t have to play.
> The majority of you knew what you were getting into to begin with, you played the beta, you saw the trailers.
> Yet instead of avoiding halo 5, you bought it and then took to the forums, armed with salt shakers.
> And it looks like 343 are trying so hard to please a community that are too ignorant or just want to jump on the hate train.
> I think halo 5 is a masterpiece of competitive multiplayer and casual content, and I know a lot of people who think the same.
> stop pulling out the pitch forks and start realising why they’re innovating a franchise, the lack of splitscreen, the req system and free content updates are all a step in the right direction.
>
> TL;DR : Halo has changed, trust them rather than complaining.

Non-constructive.
Using YOLO slang.
Complaining about complainers.

In my book, you’re worst than them. You bring absolutely nothing.

Complainers are like supernovas. You’re more like a black hole.

> 2533274825454566;3:
> > 2533274923562209;2:
> > Did I read you correctly? “Lack of Splitscreen” is innovating?
>
>
> It is when it allows increase frame rate, resolution and AI intelligence, id choose that over a dying feature.

A dying feature he says hahahahahaha… all modern gamers care about nowadays is their precious fps and that’s pretty much it. What about back when all gamers cards about was a good game? The frame rate doesn’t matter at all, the graphics don’t matter at all. All that matters is if it’s good game an if people have fun… and for people who live with a poor family like me who can sometimes only get a copy of a game on sale, it’s amazing to be able to play split screen with my family, or for a party bring a bunch of friends and extra 360’s plug them all in and do a 16 people system link game…

system link is a dying feature but split screen is not.

> 2533274825454566;3:
> > 2533274923562209;2:
> > Did I read you correctly? “Lack of Splitscreen” is innovating?
>
>
> It is when it allows increase frame rate, resolution and AI intelligence, id choose that over a dying feature.

AI intelligence? Halo 5 has the worst AI in the series. I don’t know if you’ve played solo campaign much but if you have you’d know what I’m talking about. It’s terrible.

> 2533274825454566;3:
> > 2533274923562209;2:
> > Did I read you correctly? “Lack of Splitscreen” is innovating?
>
>
> It is when it allows increase frame rate, resolution and AI intelligence, id choose that over a dying feature.

AI Intelligence? You sure you’re playing H5? The AI in this game is basic at best, they generally remain stationary and the only difference between difficulties is increased enemy health, aim, and damage, there is no better AI in this game.

As for increased frame rate the engine is locked at 60fps and that makes it so that we can’t have split screen with the current engine since the game would literally run at half speed if split screen were to be added. That being said split screen should be added back in since it’s been a main part of halo since the beginning, regardless of what you may say about split screen being a dying feature it is still a relevant and important feature to have, not everybody has an extra xbox and game copy for family members or friends to play. It may not be a very common feature anymore but it’s still necessary for some.

> 2533274825454566;3:
> > 2533274923562209;2:
> > Did I read you correctly? “Lack of Splitscreen” is innovating?
>
>
> It is when it allows increase frame rate, resolution and AI intelligence, id choose that over a dying feature.

I myself don’t use Splitscreen play anymore, but during the heydays it was used quite a bit and since I no longer use it nor do my friends game anymore I can’t say how used it is to this day, but, I’d like to think that a lot would still use it. It is also a feature that can’t really hurt the game, the frame rate excuse means 343 designed their engine with the wrong decision, I can believe them saying their current setup was 60 fps or Splitscreen, but why not design it the right way in the first place to do both and scrap a different feature that isn’t as beneficial? And what happens if they just chose not to? If h6 keeps to the exact same setup and it includes Splitscreen and the 60 fps it won’t go well. And if they scrap the 60 fps for Splitscreen then that furthers it where they actually was telling the truth and had to sacrifice one or the other. Either way I’m not bothered by it, I’ll let those who care for it explain it further. I still don’t see it as innovative tho to remove said feature.

To to the other things you listed like the reqs and free content. Yes and no. The free content is nice and dandy but it has to be AAA quality to be acceptable. The reqs have had mixed views as some like the randomness it brings and others prefer the original way of achieving armour and such. Plus it involves spending more money which rattles some even further. I myself don’t care for the reqs (yet) as they don’t hurt the game, but I don’t think it helps when IMO they’re supposedly funding our free content that a lot view as dry feeding which I can agree to. (Remember where I said it has to be AAA quality to be acceptable?). I won’t decline it but doesn’t mean I won’t be happy about it and say nothing.

Not sure about the splitscreen thing (this isn’t specifically a Halo problem though, I bought a second Xbox One very early in it’s lifespan because basically nothing is splitscreen anymore), But everything else makes a decent amount of sense. I agree mostly with the fact people for some stupid reason really want Halo 3.5, and instead of playing MCC they just decide to whine about H5 being different.

The game still looks like Halo, it feels like Halo, it does not need to devolve into a prior form.

> 2533274879407634;5:
> > 2533274825454566;3:
> > > 2533274923562209;2:
> > > Did I read you correctly? “Lack of Splitscreen” is innovating?
> >
> >
> > It is when it allows increase frame rate, resolution and AI intelligence, id choose that over a dying feature.
>
>
> A dying feature he says hahahahahaha… all modern gamers care about nowadays is their precious fps and that’s pretty much it. What about back when all gamers cards about was a good game? The frame rate doesn’t matter at all, the graphics don’t matter at all. All that matters is if it’s good game an if people have fun… and for people who live with a poor family like me who can sometimes only get a copy of a game on sale, it’s amazing to be able to play split screen with my family, or for a party bring a bunch of friends and extra 360’s plug them all in and do a 16 people system link game…
>
> system link is a dying feature but split screen is not.

I’ll agree the graphics shouldn’t matter, especially when the standard has been raised so much higher compared to the pixel art that the 90s were. Graphics are nice and all but more as a bonus so long as the game plays great, what good will graphics do if the game plays like crap? At best I’ll play an hour or two and then it gets shelved for months till I play another hour or two and then it repeats itself until I beat it for the achievements.

> 2533274868518923;4:
> > 2533274825454566;1:
> > Then stop whining about the reclaimer trilogy and go play the older games.
> > all I’m seeing on these forums is people complaining about a game they don’t have to play.
> > The majority of you knew what you were getting into to begin with, you played the beta, you saw the trailers.
> > Yet instead of avoiding halo 5, you bought it and then took to the forums, armed with salt shakers.
> > And it looks like 343 are trying so hard to please a community that are too ignorant or just want to jump on the hate train.
> > I think halo 5 is a masterpiece of competitive multiplayer and casual content, and I know a lot of people who think the same.
> > stop pulling out the pitch forks and start realising why they’re innovating a franchise, the lack of splitscreen, the req system and free content updates are all a step in the right direction.
> >
> > TL;DR : Halo has changed, trust them rather than complaining.
>
>
> Non-constructive.
> Using YOLO slang.
> Complaining about complainers.
>
> In my book, you’re worst than them. You bring absolutely nothing.
>
> Complainers are like supernovas. You’re more like a black hole.

Yolo slang? I’m worse than complainers because I’m complaining?
and nothings more hypocritical about a non-constructive comment on a non-constructive post, I think you’ll find we’re not so different.
When black holes collide, all they create is a bigger black hole.

> 2533274825454566;1:
> Then stop whining about the reclaimer trilogy and go play the older games.
> all I’m seeing on these forums is people complaining about a game they don’t have to play.
> The majority of you knew what you were getting into to begin with, you played the beta, you saw the trailers.
> Yet instead of avoiding halo 5, you bought it and then took to the forums, armed with salt shakers.
> And it looks like 343 are trying so hard to please a community that are too ignorant or just want to jump on the hate train.
> I think halo 5 is a masterpiece of competitive multiplayer and casual content, and I know a lot of people who think the same.
> stop pulling out the pitch forks and start realising why they’re innovating a franchise, the lack of splitscreen, the req system and free content updates are all a step in the right direction.
>
> TL;DR : Halo has changed, trust them rather than complaining.

How is lack of splitscreen and the REQ system a step in the right direction?, also casual content? I like Halo 5 a lot and I play it a lot. I feel like 343 did a lot of things right with Halo 5, that being said that doesn’t mean I’ll turn a blind eye to the things they’ve done wrong.

“Just go play the old games.” Yeah, and if you have any problem with America whatsoever you can just go live somewhere else instead of discussing the issues. Because apparently rational thinking and criticism aren’t allowed, you’re supposed to just either automatically agree with me or -Yoink- off. “Oh, you don’t share my opinion? You’re just ignorant.” Lovely.

“Trust them”. The -Yoink- does that even mean? What exactly do you want me to trust? Their competence as a studio? Well then their track record isn’t exactly the strongest. The direction they are taking the franchise? I haven’t liked most of the changes they’ve made so far so I don’t know why I’d trust them going forward. “Trust us” has actually become a running joke in circles like Beyond.

“343i are trying so hard to please the community.” Lol, how? They take forever to do anything, and in the meantime they shove -Yoink- we don’t even want down our throats. And before you pull out the strawmen I’m not saying they’ve never given us what we want, but they could seriously be doing a way better job at it. Random example, some people ask for the Ce Pistol. 343i delivers it in the most half–Yoinked!- way ever just so they can say they technically gave it to us. I can say the same for other community requests.

> 2533274879407634;5:
> > 2533274825454566;3:
> > > 2533274923562209;2:
> > > Did I read you correctly? “Lack of Splitscreen” is innovating?
> >
> >
> > It is when it allows increase frame rate, resolution and AI intelligence, id choose that over a dying feature.
>
>
> A dying feature he says hahahahahaha… all modern gamers care about nowadays is their precious fps and that’s pretty much it. What about back when all gamers cards about was a good game? The frame rate doesn’t matter at all, the graphics don’t matter at all. All that matters is if it’s good game an if people have fun… and for people who live with a poor family like me who can sometimes only get a copy of a game on sale, it’s amazing to be able to play split screen with my family, or for a party bring a bunch of friends and extra 360’s plug them all in and do a 16 people system link game…
>
> system link is a dying feature but split screen is not.

I feel in the direction halo is going, a fast paced competitive shooter with fluid movement, a high frame rate is a must and poor graphics, long range firefights would suffer.

> 2533274825454566;14:
> > 2533274879407634;5:
> > > 2533274825454566;3:
> > > > 2533274923562209;2:
> > > > Did I read you correctly? “Lack of Splitscreen” is innovating?
> > >
> > >
> > > It is when it allows increase frame rate, resolution and AI intelligence, id choose that over a dying feature.
> >
> >
> > A dying feature he says hahahahahaha… all modern gamers care about nowadays is their precious fps and that’s pretty much it. What about back when all gamers cards about was a good game? The frame rate doesn’t matter at all, the graphics don’t matter at all. All that matters is if it’s good game an if people have fun… and for people who live with a poor family like me who can sometimes only get a copy of a game on sale, it’s amazing to be able to play split screen with my family, or for a party bring a bunch of friends and extra 360’s plug them all in and do a 16 people system link game…
> >
> > system link is a dying feature but split screen is not.
>
>
> I feel in the direction halo is going, a fast paced competitive shooter with fluid movement, a high frame rate is a must and poor graphics, long range firefights would suffer.

Tell that too every doom 2 online player ever :wink:

> 2533274819302824;13:
> “Just go play the old games.” Yeah, and if you have any problem with America whatsoever you can just go live somewhere else instead of discussing the issues. Because apparently rational thinking and criticism aren’t allowed, you’re supposed to just either automatically agree with me or -Yoink- off. “Oh, you don’t share my opinion? You’re just ignorant.” Lovely.
>
> “Trust them”. The -Yoink- does that even mean? What exactly do you want me to trust? Their competence as a studio? Well then their track record isn’t exactly the strongest. The direction they are taking the franchise? I haven’t liked most of the changes they’ve made so far so I don’t know why I’d trust them going forward. “Trust us” has actually become a running joke in circles like Beyond.
>
> “343i are trying so hard to please the community.” Lol, how? They take forever to do anything, and in the meantime they shove -Yoink- we don’t even want down our throats. And before you pull out the strawmen I’m not saying they’ve never given us what we want, but they could seriously be doing a way better job at it.

For the same reason people move from America people are moving from halo, “Discussing issues” as you call it gets people no where, there’s hundreds of threads on how people dislike the new thruster packs, spint and Spartan charge, do they really expect it to be taken out because they don’t like it?
Id trust 343 with halo than I would bungie, if you’ve seen the state of destiny I’m sure you’d agree.
and you can’t please everyone, things you might not want, other people are happy to have, They’re not forcing anything upon you or anyone else in the community.

> 2533274825454566;16:
> > 2533274819302824;13:
> > “Just go play the old games.” Yeah, and if you have any problem with America whatsoever you can just go live somewhere else instead of discussing the issues. Because apparently rational thinking and criticism aren’t allowed, you’re supposed to just either automatically agree with me or -Yoink- off. “Oh, you don’t share my opinion? You’re just ignorant.” Lovely.
> >
> > “Trust them”. The -Yoink- does that even mean? What exactly do you want me to trust? Their competence as a studio? Well then their track record isn’t exactly the strongest. The direction they are taking the franchise? I haven’t liked most of the changes they’ve made so far so I don’t know why I’d trust them going forward. “Trust us” has actually become a running joke in circles like Beyond.
> >
> > “343i are trying so hard to please the community.” Lol, how? They take forever to do anything, and in the meantime they shove -Yoink- we don’t even want down our throats. And before you pull out the strawmen I’m not saying they’ve never given us what we want, but they could seriously be doing a way better job at it.
>
>
> For the same reason people move from America people are moving from halo, “Discussing issues” as you call it gets people no where, there’s hundreds of threads on how people dislike the new thruster packs, spint and Spartan charge, do they really expect it to be taken out because they don’t like it?
> Id trust 343 with halo than I would bungie, if you’ve seen the state of destiny I’m sure you’d agree.
> and you can’t please everyone, things you might not want, other people are happy to have, They’re not forcing anything upon you or anyone else in the community.

Discussing issues won’t “always” work but it can at times. H5 is a prime example of that. Ordnances-gone, custimization load outs-gone, bloom/descoped-gone, equal starts-done, firefight-on it’s way, the list goes on. Like Ramirez says, 343 does listen, but they either take so long before acting on it or they do the opposite at times.

I think the thing that makes me the most annoyed with posts like the OPs is that there was a time when halo was made like halo and it attracted fans who enjoyed halo for what it was
Players had literally hundreds of games to choose from if they wanted games with sprint and “advanced” movement options…and we had halo

and now that halo has “evolved” (evolved to the lowest halo population of all time less than 8 months after launch mind you)
They tell us to “go back and play the old games” or to “go play something else”

maybe I shouldn’t let it get to me but I find it aggravating and insulting to be told these things considering there was a time when most of the people saying these things would never have played halo

No I don’t want the old game back but what I would like is one simple gametype called Halo Classic that would H2 Br starts, No ground pound, no Spartan charge, with Radar the same as prior games. One simple gametype added. You may say- go play MCC, well I would if it would not do the things shown below in the liniks-

Whole lobby gets booted____

Match ends before it even begins

> 2533274825454566;1:
> Then stop whining about the reclaimer trilogy and go play the older games.
> all I’m seeing on these forums is people complaining about a game they don’t have to play.
> The majority of you knew what you were getting into to begin with, you played the beta, you saw the trailers.
> Yet instead of avoiding halo 5, you bought it and then took to the forums, armed with salt shakers.
> And it looks like 343 are trying so hard to please a community that are too ignorant or just want to jump on the hate train.
> I think halo 5 is a masterpiece of competitive multiplayer and casual content, and I know a lot of people who think the same.
> stop pulling out the pitch forks and start realising why they’re innovating a franchise, the lack of splitscreen, the req system and free content updates are all a step in the right direction.
>
> TL;DR : Halo has changed, trust them rather than complaining.

I agree with the vast majority except for the bit where you said the removal of split-screen was a step in the right direction. For many families the split screen feature was very important.