WANT COMMUNITY? BRING BACK FAVORITES

This is a bold claim, but in my opinion, THE most definitive feature of the entire Halo franchise has been the “Bungie Favorites” section of Halo 3. It was absolutely essential in bringing about the fanatical, endearing, and passionate Halo community we all know and love.

Bungie favorites rewarded players for their contributions in community content, and made the best, newest game modes easily accessible to the entire community. Grifball was started. “Fat Kid” infection modes. “Donkey Kong” and other mini games. All of these were critical in creating a shared experience that gives every halo player a warm feeling inside just thinking about.

A system like this, no matter how small the scale, MUST exist in upcoming Halo games if we want to bring back that community in all of its fervor. I don’t care if we get 1 community map highlighted per week, that would be enough for me.

Additionally, the “file share” system must be refurbished to its halo 3 glory- no more locking it during the lobby or otherwise making it inaccessible. That is another lynchpin for community development.

I know there are many out there who will agree with me. This is a part of Halo that I loved more than anything else, and one I sorely sorely miss. The Halo community is, and always has been, what sets it apart from its competitors. While we spend most of our time discussing large gameplay/systematic changes, it’s often small features like this which have a huge impact on a franchise and a culture. DO NOT underestimate the importance of features like this. The community keeps us coming back. Do not lose that most important of assets.

> 2533274811229601;1:
> This is a bold claim, but in my opinion, THE most definitive feature of the entire halo franchise was the “Bungie Favorites” section of Halo 3. It was absolutely essential in bringing about the fanatical, endearing, and passionate Halo community we all know and love.
>
> bungie favorites rewarded players for their contributions in community content, and made the best, newest game modes easily accessible to the entire community. Grifball was started. “Fat Kid” infection modes. “Donkey Kong” and other mini games. All of these were critical in creating a shared experience that gives every halo player a warm feeling inside just thinking about.
>
> A system like this, no matter how small the scale, MUST exist in upcoming halo games if we want to bring back that community in all of its fervor. I don’t care if we get 1 community map highlighted per week, that would be enough for me.
>
> Additionally, the “file share” system must be refurbished to its halo 3 glory- no more locking it during the lobby or otherwise making it inaccessible. That is another lynchpin for community development.
>
> I know there are many out there who will agree with me. This is a part of halo that i loved more than anything else, and one I sorely sorely miss.

this^^^

Wholeheartedly agree. Don’t understand why they took it out in the first place. Another part of this was the recon armor they gave out for getting on there, don’t forget.

You hit the nail on the head. A weekly “343 Favorites” and file share system are on my wishlist for Halo 5. Custom games were such an integral part of Halo 3. I remember getting home from school on Friday and just playing customs all night with my friends.

> 2533274840212973;3:
> Wholeheartedly agree. Don’t understand why they took it out in the first place. Another part of this was the recon armor they gave out for getting on there, don’t forget.

The recon armor was great and 343 should add something similar to Halo 5.

hadn’t thought of it, but it was an awesome feature

good looking, OP