Want a Human Flying Vehicle?

Too bad. It is not in the game, it will never be in the game, and you can all quit whining about it.

It is impossible to add vehicles, weapons, armor, etc. that aren’t already coded on to the disc. Halo isn’t like some other games out there like CoD that can add guns and vehicles. It doesn’t work that way. I’m sick of seeing these threads asking 343 to put in a certain gun or vehicle that was in previous games because it’s a silly, ridiculous request. IT’S IMPOSSIBLE.

So to all of you whining about the lack of Human Aircraft, ask yourself the following questions:

If Halo 4 uses the same engine as Reach, and they couldn’t add vehicles in Reach, then why could they in Halo 4?

What map in Halo 4 is even big enough to support a Hornet/Falcon?

Shouldn’t 343 focus on fixing the issues with current vehicles/weapons before adding new ones?

End of Discussion.

Any map that can support a Banshee is big enough for a Hornet or Falcon.

Also, if we shut up they won’t get the message for Halo 5, will they?

And there was a pretty good discussion of this in the Custom Games are Unacceptable thread. Go check it out, I think it was on page 232 or so.

Basically, yes it is entirely possible to add vehicles and weapons for DLC maps, they did it Halo 3. Which was the same engine as Reach. And it doesn’t matter anyway, because they’ve rebuilt the engine from the ground up for each game.

Yeash, you do not need to bash on the players who want a Hornet/Falcon.

They know it will not be in the game, but they sure as hell do know if they keep trying it will be in Halo 5.

I talked to a Microsoft employee and he told me to keep my fingers crossed :slight_smile:

I wanna see it flying in the air majestically, look at it for a few moments, then blast it with my Splaser and get that easy triple. Ah, good times.

> I wanna see it flying in the air majestically, look at it for a few moments, then blast it with my Splaser and get that easy triple. Ah, good times.

Realizing that the triple kill gave me a running riot, so you run to chill and defend for the perfection, the next thing you see is a dead falcon or hornet and now your sad that you just commit suicide.

> Any map that can support a Banshee is big enough for a Hornet or Falcon.
>
>
> Also, if we shut up they won’t get the message for Halo 5, will they?
>
>
> And there was a pretty good discussion of this in the Custom Games are Unacceptable thread. Go check it out, I think it was on page 232 or so.
>
> Basically, yes it is entirely possible to add vehicles and weapons for DLC maps, they did it Halo 3. Which was the same engine as Reach. And it doesn’t matter anyway, because they’ve rebuilt the engine from the ground up for each game.

Perhaps a Hornet, but there is no way a falcon fits on any of the maps. The Banshee only really works on Ragnarok, so a Hornet MAY work on that map. But Falcons operate much differently. A few of the Reach maps (Spire for example) could support a Falcon, but no H4 map is nearly as big as Spire, so I don’t believe a Falcon could work.

Arguing for Hornet/Falcon in this game is silly, because it won’t happen. If you want to argue for one in H5, be my guest, I’ll argue with you. But getting mad at 343 for not doing something they can’t do isn’t effective.

The vehicles in Halo 3 DLC were reworkings of already existing vehicles. The Snow Hog had the same coding as the Warthog, just different colors. The Transport Hornet (I think that was its name) had slightly different colors and no rockets. To add a whole new vehicle that has no pre-existing code in the game is not something 343 is gonna spend there time on.

I’m sad that there is no human aircraft as well, I’m just sick of seeing threads like, “343 y no human flying vehicle us sux add 1 as free dlc or i quit.” It’s unintelligent and annoying.

Now that I think of it, the maps aren’t as massive as some past ones either. Hemorrhage was easily the most popular in Reach, but that one was huge so yes any vehicles were fine even though flying ones were not on there. Others like Rasu had human ones, and Spire too if I recall. Plus the Halo 3 ones as well.

How do you know that they can’t do it? Just because Bungie didn’t do it doesn’t mean it can’t be done and even though its unlikely that they will add it it you can’t blame people for wanting them back. Also I haven’t seen any threads whining about it not being added it in that are recent

> Too bad. It is not in the game, it will never be in the game, and you can all quit whining about it.
>
> It is impossible to add vehicles, weapons, armor, etc. that aren’t already coded on to the disc. Halo isn’t like some other games out there like CoD that can add guns and vehicles. It doesn’t work that way. I’m sick of seeing these threads asking 343 to put in a certain gun or vehicle that was in previous games because it’s a silly, ridiculous request. IT’S IMPOSSIBLE.
>
> So to all of you whining about the lack of Human Aircraft, ask yourself the following questions:
>
> <mark>If Halo 4 uses the same engine as Reach, and they couldn’t add vehicles in Reach, then why could they in Halo 4?</mark>
>
> What map in Halo 4 is even big enough to support a Hornet/Falcon?
>
> Shouldn’t 343 focus on fixing the issues with current vehicles/weapons before adding new ones?
>
> End of Discussion.

That doesn’t prove that it can’t be done since

Sure,it could be possible. But we all should know by now that just because a video game company CAN do something, doesn’t mean they WILL.

If anything it will probably be the hornet, seeing that they already have a working model in the map skyline.

But it’s a big “if”.

Maybe they will if the maps are a lot bigger though. Maybe the hornet will come with the new map pack who knows. 343i likes to keep things hush hush from what I’ve seen. We gotta wait patiently for that bulletin.

> If anything it will probably be the hornet, seeing that they already have a working model in the map skyline.
>
> But it’s a big “if”.

Background models are entirely different than working coded vehicles.

> Basically, yes it is entirely possible to add vehicles and weapons for DLC maps, they did it Halo 3. Which was the same engine as Reach. And it doesn’t matter anyway, because they’ve rebuilt the engine from the ground up for each game.

The only way it would be possible to add vehicles in this game was if 343 decided to release a MASSIVE update (I’m taking in gigabytes, and the size of the disc that had to be installed) to completely re-code the multiplayer aspect of the game. Since that would be too cost effective to do, it wont happen. The OP is right, Hornets or other flying vehicles wont appear in matchmaking for Halo 4.

Bungie NEVER added new vehicles into the game as DLC, not even with the map packs. All it did was re-skin EXISTING models in the game and disable some features of them (like removing the rockets from the Hornet). The vehicles that were available to use (or could be forged) in ALL maps were already coded into the game, whether it was in online multiplayer or in the campaign. NO NEW VEHICLES WERE ADDED TO THE GAMES CODING WITH ANY DLC.

Also, I think you got it the wrong way around. Halo Reach didn’t run off the old Halo 3 engine. A new engine was built specifically for Reach from scratch, and Halo 4 runs on a largely improved version of Halo Reach’s engine. They didn’t completely rebuild the engine for each game:

• Halo CE had its own engine,
  • Halo 2, 3, ODST and Halo Wars all ran on the same engine,
  • Halo Reach had a new engine,
  • Halo 4 improved on Reach’s engine.

Its called research my friend. Maybe next time you should do some before actually commenting.

P.S You contradicted yourself by saying Reach ran on Halo 3’s engine, but then said all the games had a new engine built from scratch. Learn to check what you comment before posting.

> > Basically, yes it is entirely possible to add vehicles and weapons for DLC maps, they did it Halo 3. Which was the same engine as Reach. And it doesn’t matter anyway, because they’ve rebuilt the engine from the ground up for each game.
>
> The only way it would be possible to add vehicles in this game was if 343 decided to release a MASSIVE update (I’m taking in gigabytes, and the size of the disc that had to be installed) to completely re-code the multiplayer aspect of the game. Since that would be too cost effective to do, it wont happen. The OP is right, Hornets or other flying vehicles wont appear in matchmaking for Halo 4.
>
> Bungie NEVER added new vehicles into the game as DLC, not even with the map packs. All it did was re-skin EXISTING models in the game and disable some features of them (like removing the rockets from the Hornet). The vehicles that were available to use (or could be forged) in ALL maps were already coded into the game, whether it was in online multiplayer or in the campaign. NO NEW VEHICLES WERE ADDED TO THE GAMES CODING WITH ANY DLC.
>
> Also, I think you got it the wrong way around. Halo Reach didn’t run off the old Halo 3 engine. A new engine was built specifically for Reach from scratch, and Halo 4 runs on a largely improved version of Halo Reach’s engine. They didn’t completely rebuild the engine for each game:
> - Halo CE had its own engine,
> - Halo 2, 3, ODST and Halo Wars all ran on the same engine,
> - Halo Reach had a new engine,
> - Halo 4 improved on Reach’s engine.
>
> Its called research my friend. Maybe next time you should do some before actually commenting.
>
> P.S You contradicted yourself by saying Reach ran on Halo 3’s engine, but then said all the games had a new engine built from scratch. Learn to check what you comment before posting.

You said it better than I did, and I thank you.

Halo players always look to the past.

How about some Forerunner vehicles? Could you imagine a majestic forerunner jet incinerating a scorpion tank(Not in one shot,mind you)?

> You said it better than I did, and I thank you.

No problem. I can’t understand what people don’t get about it.

would it be possible to just remodle the code for banshee? Change the hit box, skin, weapons etc. All the weapons the hornet needs are already in the game’s coding, we might have to use the rocket hog turret though and changing the way the banshee moves could be a challenge

This of course would be a big job and I have limited knowlege how video games work, but it might work.

> > Basically, yes it is entirely possible to add vehicles and weapons for DLC maps, they did it Halo 3. Which was the same engine as Reach. And it doesn’t matter anyway, because they’ve rebuilt the engine from the ground up for each game.
>
> The only way it would be possible to add vehicles in this game was if 343 decided to release a MASSIVE update (I’m taking in gigabytes, and the size of the disc that had to be installed) to completely re-code the multiplayer aspect of the game. Since that would be too cost effective to do, it wont happen. The OP is right, Hornets or other flying vehicles wont appear in matchmaking for Halo 4.
>
> Bungie NEVER added new vehicles into the game as DLC, not even with the map packs. All it did was re-skin EXISTING models in the game and disable some features of them (like removing the rockets from the Hornet). The vehicles that were available to use (or could be forged) in ALL maps were already coded into the game, whether it was in online multiplayer or in the campaign. NO NEW VEHICLES WERE ADDED TO THE GAMES CODING WITH ANY DLC.
>
> Also, I think you got it the wrong way around. Halo Reach didn’t run off the old Halo 3 engine. A new engine was built specifically for Reach from scratch, and Halo 4 runs on a largely improved version of Halo Reach’s engine. They didn’t completely rebuild the engine for each game:
> - Halo CE had its own engine,
> - Halo 2, 3, ODST and Halo Wars all ran on the same engine,
> - Halo Reach had a new engine,
> - Halo 4 improved on Reach’s engine.
>
> Its called research my friend. Maybe next time you should do some before actually commenting.
>
> P.S You contradicted yourself by saying Reach ran on Halo 3’s engine, but then said all the games had a new engine built from scratch. Learn to check what you comment before posting.

I never said it was likely. I said it was possible. Which you just confirmed. The difference is, when they did it before they tweaked existing files, but it’s still a whole new vehicle as far as the coding is concerned. Just a slightly different new vehicle.

Are you sure Reach was a whole new engine? I’m not sure on what I said, but I quite specifically remember hearing that Reach’s engine was Halo 3’s rebuilt. And I think you missunderstood my last sentence; the games all rebuilt the “same” engine from scratch, from my understanding. And I find it incredibly hard to believe that Wars ran on the same engine as all the others.

Now, back to XBro21’s reply, I really think either a Falcon or Hornet would work in the Sandbox. 1, for forge, and 2, we haven’t seen the DLC maps yet (which are the only place it’s possible–and again, possible, not likely–for them to appear).