Want 2 Have A Better Machinima/Body Acting?

Hey Machinima and Halo community it’s me SepiaAnt8071! I have been helping out with a bunch of machinimas/videos have seen how inexperienced people are when acting (including directors trying to direct or make a machinima). That’s why instead of just having videos posted on Youtube about how to body act, I want to actually give you hands on acting lessons with me!

The game I’ll be mainly using is <mark>Halo Reach</mark> (since it’s one of the games mostly being use for machinimas and is the most common for Halo machinimas). You don’t really need anything, but I would recommend a mic so we can communicate easier. Just get onto Halo Reach (if you don’t have it and want to work on other Halo games that’s fine) and we’ll work on what you’ll need help with. (Don’t worry about rank, most director just worry about armory completion).

For new/rookie BODY ACTORS

1. How to properly walk.

2. How to do fight scenes/properly shoot.

3. How to “talk” normally.

4. How to use vehicles.

5. How to work with no mic

Now this is for DIRECTORS who are new and/or don’t know these easy things:

1. How to use better forging choices (mods).

2. How to use load-outs (I know it sounds silly, but it’s better than placing the weapons/armor abilities/whatever on the map).

3. How to work with “no-mic” people.

Oh yeah, just to let you know that some of my director friends needs body actors so they will help critique your skills. But then again they just need people to help them out. Also they will be considered your tests/final exam.

So what would expect at the end of the lesson(s)? You’ll be a better actor compared to those who haven’t been “trained”, and can/will be able to work with/recommended to different machinima directors without any worry.

Other than that I can help give answers to any questions/concerns you may have.
If you want to go over anything, please send me a message(or invite) when I’m online/through XBOX LIVE and I’ll get to you when I can. OR if you have any questions that you have and can’t wait to talk to me, you an post it here and I’ll answer as best as I can. Can’t wait to start helping you guys out!

SepiaAnt8071

P.S. If you doubt me about my acting skills here’s my resume. Also if you are a director PLEASE HIRE ME (FOR REACH MACHINIMAS)!!!

I’d be interested in some body acting lessons. Message me if you’re free to help. :slight_smile:

I am working on a Halo 4 machinima at the moment if you’re interested in being a part of it.

> I’d be interested in some body acting lessons. Message me if you’re free to help. :slight_smile:

Already sent you a reply through Xbox Live. And look forward to helping you out.

> I am working on a Halo 4 machinima at the moment if you’re interested in being a part of it.

Um sure I can help during the weekends, but how’s your acting skills? Then again I may be busy already helping people out for machinimas on Reach.

I could use your help… with both voice and body acting.

> I could use your help… with both voice and body acting.

Well I do have Audacity, so I can listen to some demo voices. For body acting I set an appointment for 6PM for DirtyRepublican so if you want to join go right ahead.

The thing about voice acting is that it’s not fully the voice actors fault if he may sound weird. It is mostly due to the director for not giving enough information and/or not telling the guy to redo the voices. Let me explain a bit more:

The most common mistakes for voice acting is for any to all battle scenes. When people are “talking” in war movies, they are not talking casually as if they are talking face to face. They are YELLING!!! As with was you must talk like you mean it. You don’t want to be calm when your friends are being shot up to shreds, you want to scream at your enemy in rage.

But when doing normal talking, don’t have your audio so high for conversations when the person is close by. And that means that it’s smart to have your voice “low” when the character is far away (like on top of a hill talking down to the guy in the foreground).

So what it comes to is to ask your director what is the “situation” of the line, or who are you talking to and how close are the characters. And then ask if he/she will edit the voices so it will match the video.

Hey people, just wanted to give a quick up-date. I have already trained someone and he had passed all the lessons, and on the same day he was able to participate with his first machinima and done so well.

So if you want any help, or if you know someone who does, please message me.

If there is anyone out there who has questions, or has people that are having trouble with body acting please contact me cause I’m still open…and bored.

If any director thinks that they could use help with overseeing their work (actors/maps/load-out settings/ideas,etc.) feel free to ask. I don’t want to see random stuff/extra time being spent on unnecessary things that would take up a lot of time and ruin your video.

OMG I have been waiting for someone to it’s this yes please I would like body and voice acting lessons but I can also do with one or the other. I am auditioning for a halo reach machining and would love body acting lessons. My gt is the same on here and thanks if u can help

> OMG I have been waiting for someone to it’s this yes please I would like body and voice acting lessons but I can also do with one or the other. I am auditioning for a halo reach machining and would love body acting lessons. My gt is the same on here and thanks if u can help

Hey Ninja. I am free for today so expect a message soon from me so we can begin you lessons. We will be going over both voice and body acting.

Anyone who wants help will get it. Just send me a text.

Sepia I finally have the animation software to animate machinimas now I just have to get stuff going if u wanna help

Yeah I can help out.

Can u help develop and write the story?

> Can u help develop and write the story?

I can help when I have the time, but I can also help with the maps(modding them) and training the body actors.

if you could i would love if you could teach me on body acting and my directing skill aswell if you have to time that is

> if you could i would love if you could teach me on body acting and my directing skill as well if you have to time that is

Hey I would love to help you out with your body acting and directing skills. I can help you out on Saturday probably whenever I’m on. Though I would require you to host a mini/mock body acting session so I can see you in action and I can give an after report. But I guess we can just do one with the two of us. Send me a reply through here or XBOX LIVE if the time is ok/if I need to make changes, and if you have anything else I can answer.

yea that is good for me and i could try get my friend who i use to do machinima with to come alot and try and help with the mimi session if that ok

> yea that is good for me and i could try get my friend who i use to do machinima with to come alot and try and help with the mimi session if that ok

The more the merrier, more people means more opprotunities that we can discuss that may happen in the life of directors. I’ll try to see if I can get some of my people online too.