Wanna beat those Rushing Generals...?

Are you a “noob,” are you tired of getting rushed, and do you want to beat those rushing generals?

If you answered yes to any of those questions, then this is the thread for you.

THE GIST: We are looking for four players. We will teach you pro strategies and give you tips. Each player will be assigned a tutor (myself, cero 3spada, mexicantaco1808, or zzzzniiiiiiight). After your training is complete you will face off in a 2v2 series. There is no tangible prize, only the prize of knowledge and skill. This truly expresses the phrase “living vicariously through others.” The teams will run random covy and random unsc. Participants must have a mic. If you are interested please fill out an application below, the story is also below.

The Story:
A few other good players and I decided that we wanted to teach a team of players how to play with the best of em. We want to add some more competition to the game since we get tired of versing the same few teams repeatedly. Our plan is to teach four different players over the course of a few days all culminating up to a “best 3 of 5” 2v2 series. We just think this will be a fun experience and we understand that you can’t learn everything from watching Spro Mitch’s videos.

Application:
Gamertag: ______________
Preference: Covy or UNSC
Current Rank: recruit, lieutenant, captain, major, commander, colonel, brigadier, general
You must be available, ie. Be in a US time zone or be nocturnal like cero 3spada(It’s not fair for one team to have a lot more practice than the other)

Must be able to take a lot of constructive criticism.

I was also thinking of starting a tutor/student thread. Looks like you beat me to it. I wouldn’t mind helping out and being one of the tutors.

Glad to see that there is support for this. If we get enough people we might turn it into a 3v3.

I have some time over winter break to play and learn a little bit more. I’m game for some fun.

Nick Nack 4
Play as either race
Brigadier

Available during the daytimes over christmas break

Still on the road to general myself, but I’m sticking with bob as my 2s partner.

I would be interested in learning. I have developed some strategies and have come close to perfecting them, however; I would be open for some constructive criticism and some ideas as to how I can perfect them. I prefer playing with the UNSC and my gamertage is Savek Slayer.

> Are you a “noob,” are you tired of getting rushed, and do you want to beat those rushing generals?
>
> If you answered yes to any of those questions, then this is the thread for you.
>
> THE GIST: We are looking for four players. We will teach you pro strategies and give you tips. Each player will be assigned a tutor (myself, cero 3spada, mexicantaco1808, or zzzzniiiiiiight). After your training is complete you will face off in a 2v2 series. There is no tangible prize, only the prize of knowledge and skill. This truly expresses the phrase “living vicariously through others.” The teams will run random covy and random unsc. Participants must have a mic. If you are interested please fill out an application below, the story is also below.
>
> The Story:
> A few other good players and I decided that we wanted to teach a team of players how to play with the best of em. We want to add some more competition to the game since we get tired of versing the same few teams repeatedly. Our plan is to teach four different players over the course of a few days all culminating up to a “best 3 of 5” 2v2 series. We just think this will be a fun experience and we understand that you can’t learn everything from watching Spro Mitch’s videos.
>
> Application:
> Gamertag: ______________
> Preference: Covy or UNSC
> Current Rank: recruit, lieutenant, captain, major, commander, colonel, brigadier, general
> You must be available, ie. Be in a US time zone or be nocturnal like cero 3spada(It’s not fair for one team to have a lot more practice than the other)
>
> Must be able to take a lot of constructive criticism.

cool idea. Teaching people and seeing them improve just gives you a good feeling doesnt it lol. may the best tutor win

Gamertag:Rakalf
Preference: UNSC
Current Rank: commander
lol i need more practice of good people that is on halo wars

[/quote]
cool idea. Teaching people and seeing them improve just gives you a good feeling doesnt it lol. may the best tutor win
[/quote]
lol yea, that was the main idea

So I have down Nick Nack 4, Rakalf, and Savek Slayer.
Rakalf and Savek prefer UNSC so I am going to let them play UNSC but on separate teams, which means that Nick Nack 4 will play as covy and as of now we still need one more person for covy, but once we get that, we can get started right away.

We found a fourth, DHG Striker messaged me, and now we can begin.
The tutor assignments are as follows.
Savek Slayer- zzzzniiiiiiight
Nick Nack 4- mexicantaco1808
DHG Striker- Cero 3spada
Rakalf- metaloidmonkey

So what are the true skills of our tutors? I’m just curious.

They’re 40 or higher. Don’t worry, you’re in good hands :slight_smile:

My thanks goes out to the people doing this. If I can be of any help let me know…

I know that this is supposed to be a 2v2, but if anyone else wants to be tutored you can post on here aswell and you might even play in the game depending on your performance. Additionally, I can get more tutors it really isn’t that difficult since many of them readily volunteer.

When do you guys plan on doing this? I work until 4pm. I hope that does not conflict with your plans.

Cool idea i dont really need the practice cause i win 75% of my games I play online.

> Cool idea i dont really need the practice cause i win 75% of my games I play online.

so sign up with them and maybe you will be able to win 85-90% of your games in the future.

Savek dont worry we are almost always available, u should message your tutor and newyankalt, you can work with cero 3spada if you want b/c his current assignment is not working out.

Itz Daven
UNSC
General

Okay, thanks metaloidmonkey. I’ll try to send him a message.