Wanderer from the old (Halo.)Bungie.net

Well this is to be expected especially since I have been out of the Halo community for years. Reach was the last time I was really active and H4 did some things that I was not confidence boosting in 343, and we will leave H5 alone for now. But back in the old days I think when S7osh and Shishka were the moderators for Bungie.net which has moved on so just wondering who is still here from the days of yor. I am sure that majority of the community here has been with the Halo forums from the Halo 1 Bungie.net and have been to halo.bungie.org and maybe even some fans of the pre-halo Bungie games here. So just making this thread to as a shout out to see if any old-timers are around.

Whats up, friend. I recently reactivated this account after being absent from the community for years as well. I started playing when Halo 2 came out, and loved the classic B.net. I just found out last week that all of the legacy forum posts on classic B.net finally got deleted last Summer. Major bummer, but it made me decide to give the MCC another look, and now I’ve been enjoying a functional way to play all of my old favorites. Glad you’re back with us. While there will never be another forum like The Flood back in the day, there are plenty of good things in these forums.

> 2533274825106340;2:
> Whats up, friend. I recently reactivated this account after being absent from the community for years as well. I started playing when Halo 2 came out, and loved the classic B.net. I just found out last week that all of the legacy forum posts on classic B.net finally got deleted last Summer. Major bummer, but it made me decide to give the MCC another look, and now I’ve been enjoying a functional way to play all of my old favorites. Glad you’re back with us. While there will never be another forum like The Flood back in the day, there are plenty of good things in these forums.

Who can forget the flood taco?

> 2666640315087182;1:
> Well this is to be expected especially since I have been out of the Halo community for years. Reach was the last time I was really active and H4 did some things that I was not confidence boosting in 343, and we will leave H5 alone for now. But back in the old days I think when S7osh and Shishka were the moderators for Bungie.net which has moved on so just wondering who is still here from the days of yor. I am sure that majority of the community here has been with the Halo forums from the Halo 1 Bungie.net and have been to halo.bungie.org and maybe even some fans of the pre-halo Bungie games here. So just making this thread to as a shout out to see if any old-timers are around.

There are plenty of old-timers around for sure! Unfortunately for you, if you’re trying to play Reach again at the moment you’re going to experience a lot of frustration as 343 can’t seem to get a grasp on basic server maintenance; as the last remotely enjoyable Halo game that has been produced, Reach suffers from constant 343-studios deficiencies such as frequent search-restarts, random playlist-searching party boots, and the ever-popular games that configure(through no fault of the players-own) without entire opposing teams.

Many players including myself have posted in the forums asking for answers to why 343 can’t provide a stable gaming experience for the past year but we haven’t yet been given an even remotely adequate response.

> 2682054420954072;4:
> > 2666640315087182;1:
> > Well this is to be expected especially since I have been out of the Halo community for years. Reach was the last time I was really active and H4 did some things that I was not confidence boosting in 343, and we will leave H5 alone for now. But back in the old days I think when S7osh and Shishka were the moderators for Bungie.net which has moved on so just wondering who is still here from the days of yor. I am sure that majority of the community here has been with the Halo forums from the Halo 1 Bungie.net and have been to halo.bungie.org and maybe even some fans of the pre-halo Bungie games here. So just making this thread to as a shout out to see if any old-timers are around.
>
> There are plenty of old-timers around for sure! Unfortunately for you, if you’re trying to play Reach again at the moment you’re going to experience a lot of frustration as 343 can’t seem to get a grasp on basic server maintenance; as the last remotely enjoyable Halo game that has been produced, Reach suffers from constant 343-studios deficiencies such as frequent search-restarts, random playlist-searching party boots, and the ever-popular games that configure(through no fault of the players-own) without entire opposing teams.
>
> Many players including myself have posted in the forums asking for answers to why 343 can’t provide a stable gaming experience for the past year but we haven’t yet been given an even remotely adequate response.

Well I was mostly looking for the old forum crowd. To be honest Reach multiplayer was sort of dead the moment Halo 4 shows up. Not that Halo 4 was better but once the new game is out it splits the player base as most people move over to the next best thing. Of course after people saw Halo 4 as basically the sequel for Infinity War those players just went back to CoD.

The question is can 343 launch Reach on the MCC with some stability. Their track record has been, Ske7chy. Apparently it has been fixed but to be honest the last time I played Halo was an H2 LAN set up at the Seattle Retro Gaming Expo. Maybe they will get it right this time.

they do what they can monkaS

Yeah I’ve been playing halo since 2 and can assure you that plenty of old timers are still around. Most can be found here on the reach/ leagacy or in the MCC forums.