Walshy,Bestman+Bravo H4 Weapon Discussion

H4 Weapons Discussion

In depth first impressions of the new H4 Weapon Sandbox, and what weapons seemed to kick the most -Yoink-.

Interesting discussion points:

-H4 BR “Like H3 BR” but “Was used more than DMR and seemed stronger”. Bestman also commented “Seems like it takes more skill and is harder to use up close”. How much that has to do with possible spread and aim acceleration has yet to be revealed.

• Rocket launcher described as having “Weird stream/projectile pattern” unlike previous Halo games. Does this imply a slower rocket projectile? Rockets are not as powerful(AOE damage wise) as Reach/H1 rockets from the looks of it.

• Light rifle and Scattershot both being described as kick–Yoink- weapons.

• Nades seem most similar to HR’s and are very effective again.

• Promethean vision AA described as being “Very powerful, especially with a sniper rifle”.

• Sniper rifle described as having “noticeable kick-back” and having a slower RoF. Reticle style seems to be “V-shaped” or different in design as well.

• DMR seems to “Melt people” and Reticle seemed to not bloom that noticeably.

• Storm-rifle has energy bar/capacity similar to PP and is described as being best used for short range similar to AR.

• New Power-ups- Confirmed “Damage boost power-ups” and “Speed power-up” available through ordinance drops.

• Sprint slow-down when shot confirmed but described as “incremental” due to faster overall default movement speeds.

-New assassination animations

• Hit-markers confirmed.

-No kill-cams (At least from they played)

-Confirmed Bravo sucking with AR

/discuss

The only thing that seems stupid is the damage increase power up. Yknow, just give it to someone to make them incredibly OP so they can get even more damage boosters. I know it’s probably random, but still.

Who’s Bravo? Is he a part of the MLG? Does that mean the AR may get some respect?

Am I the only one hoping that since they are Forerunner tech that the Light Rifle and Scattershot will be super powerful since they are suppose to be Forerunner tech? I have to wonder how 343i will keep that sense of technological superiority while maintaining balance in the game.

Interesting…nice find.

> The only thing that seems stupid is the damage increase power up. Yknow, just give it to someone to make them incredibly OP so they can get even more damage boosters. I know it’s probably random, but still.

I actually like the increased damage/increased speed power-ups, they will add dynamics to the game much like the camo+overshield do and open up more “Big play” possibilities. We dont know the damage increase if its 150/200/300/400 yet so who knows it could end up being like 150/200 and not like Quad damage lol.

Interesting enough, the speed power-up seems to speed up more than just you’re movement, your player actions and possibly even you’e bullet velocity(IDK…) are increased in addition to you’re movement speed.

The ordinance system however seems to be based on points/multikills and is a bar that you fill up by getting kills that then allow you to select either a power-weapon or power-up on the D-pad and you’re selected power item then drops immediately. Not sure how I feel about that for competitive play, but there is definitely alot of Sandbox variety being added which is always a positive.

> Am I the only one hoping that since they are Forerunner tech that the Light Rifle and Scattershot will be super powerful since they are suppose to be Forerunner tech? I have to wonder how 343i will keep that sense of technological superiority while maintaining balance in the game.

Very clearly power weapons.

> Who’s Bravo? Is he a part of the MLG? Does that mean the AR may get some respect?

Yea, hes a long-time Halo player/coach involved in MLG, and he actually stated the AR wasn’t as powerful as it was first reported to be, but he was missing with it lol.

Again, they only played like 8-9 games so dont take what they say as accurate descriptions of what the Sandbox will actually be like.

We will learn more today when we actually get to see live gameplay.

> > Am I the only one hoping that since they are Forerunner tech that the Light Rifle and Scattershot will be super powerful since they are suppose to be Forerunner tech? I have to wonder how 343i will keep that sense of technological superiority while maintaining balance in the game.
>
> Very clearly power weapons.

Yes, the light-rifle and Scatter-shot are power weapons I believe. Interestingly enough, the needler is also now a PW!

I feel like they made that decision because now they can make it useful, without being overpowered as a standard weapon lol.