Walking Not on Radar

What are your overall thoughts of walking causing the player to NOT appear on the mini radar like in previous games? I am sure this will be changed but just curious

Entirely against and I do not understand why this change was made, with any luck it’ll be changed before release.

I love the way it is.
It’s nice to be more aware and be checking your surroundings more.
Absolutely don’t want it to change! Love it!

I do not understand why it was changed. It is a motion sensor. Walking is a motion. I think crouching to hide your presence made a lot of sense and was very balanced; you had to take a large penalty to movement to disguise your presence.

It has been fine for two decades. Why break what didn’t need fixing?

> 2535469304324076;3:
> I love the way it is.
> It’s nice to be more aware and be checking your surroundings more.
> Absolutely don’t want it to change! Love it!

I can see where you are coming from. In the older games i felt like i was checking the mini radar more often than i was looking at what was going on around me. Lots of newer games take this approach because they want their players to look at their game/creation than at a mini map/radar the whole time

> 2533274798142730;4:
> I do not understand why it was changed. It is a motion sensor. Walking is a motion. I think crouching to hide your presence made a lot of sense and was very balanced; you had to take a large penalty to movement to disguise your presence.
>
> It has been fine for two decades. Why break what didn’t need fixing?

I think they are trying to move players focus from always at the radar to what’s actually going on around them. So at that point the only real reason to look at the radar would be to see where gun shots are from or if someone is charging you.

But… not arguing the way it was done before wasn’t bad or broken

I think this is a good idea.

I hope they fix that. Walking shouldn’t be taken off radar, makes zero sense.

Promotes map movement, stops stagnation of game play causes the player to have more situational awareness promotes teamwork and communication is a good balance in conjunction with the tones down AMM of H:I

I see nothing but positiives

> 2533274798142730;4:
> I do not understand why it was changed. It is a motion sensor. Walking is a motion. I think crouching to hide your presence made a lot of sense and was very balanced; you had to take a large penalty to movement to disguise your presence.
>
> It has been fine for two decades. Why break what didn’t need fixing?

Lots of people asked the same question about sprint but lets not turn this into another sprint thread

> 2533274820430915;2:
> Entirely against and I do not understand why this change was made, with any luck it’ll be changed before release.

It was likely done to balance sprint. People using sprint get penalized by showing up on radar. Yet another desperate attempt to nerf sprint to make it work with Halo.
People say this is a good thing, but this is yet another example of 343i changing things that don’t need to be changed. Halo has always had a motion tracker, it’s part of its identity. This type of radar is just more in line with Call of Duty. Works in COD because that game is more of a twitch shooter, but Halo’s combat is more methodical. Knowing where the opponent is will prepare both players for a showdown between the two. Crab walking or staying still gives the benefit of being invisible but it makes you an easy target.
Don’t make the motion tracker useless, 343i. Change it back.

I’m not a fan of it personally. There’s an expectation and a feel that I have every time that I play a halo title, and while change and adaptation to the times is necessary, removing a core mechanic is no. My opinion of course, and I do hope the add it again.

It creates a whole host of problems unfair matches if there’s no party restrictions, cheap easy kills without having to crouch random gunfights, lowers the skill gap for solo players and list of all it doesn’t play like how halo should play ruins the flow of the game… absolute terrible descision once again by 343 to implement this new radar system this is new divide in the community now watch the pop drop….

> 2533274832130936;10:
> > 2533274798142730;4:
> > I do not understand why it was changed. It is a motion sensor. Walking is a motion. I think crouching to hide your presence made a lot of sense and was very balanced; you had to take a large penalty to movement to disguise your presence.
> >
> > It has been fine for two decades. Why break what didn’t need fixing?
>
> Lots of people asked the same question about sprint but lets not turn this into another sprint thread

Are those criticisms not valid in your eyes? Is there not a reason that people ask similar questions? Halo, like any game, has a delicately balanced sandbox and when you add a new mechanic or alter an existing one, however innocuous it may seem, you change that balance. This can have adverse effects.

It’s not fair to invoke another debate but then declare that the debate is not worth having while claiming the final word for yourself.

> 2533274798142730;14:
> > 2533274832130936;10:
> > > 2533274798142730;4:
> > > I do not understand why it was changed. It is a motion sensor. Walking is a motion. I think crouching to hide your presence made a lot of sense and was very balanced; you had to take a large penalty to movement to disguise your presence.
> > >
> > > It has been fine for two decades. Why break what didn’t need fixing?
> >
> > Lots of people asked the same question about sprint but lets not turn this into another sprint thread
>
> Are those criticisms not valid in your eyes? Is there not a reason that people ask similar questions? Halo, like any game, has a delicately balanced sandbox and when you add a new mechanic or alter an existing one, however innocuous it may seem, you change that balance. This can have adverse effects.
>
> It’s not fair to invoke another debate but then declare that the debate is not worth having while claiming the final word for yourself.

Just pointing outt he irony that everyone sees but the people who have told halo fans to “just deal with it” and “tp just play something else” for the last few years

For me it takes away one of the things that I thought made Halo positively unique.
Both players knowing they are near each other and ready to fight makes the game different and balanced in a way. Without eyes in our neck plus the quicker kill times we will probably often get destroyed from behind without anything we can do about it. With motion tracker in Halo it’s less luck in a way.
Also I wanna mention the trade-off concept which I think Infinite lacks in quite a few areas of the gameplay.
The point of motion tracker is to exchange movement with visibility. You can choose not to move, or to move very very slowly in exchange to not be seen, this encourages a lot of tactics and planning that have always been a key part of Halo (in my opinion). Infinite no longer has a trade off, you can move up to 10% below top speed and still not be on the radar, it kills the point of a motion tracker, and creates issues, people can now run behind you without you noticing.

I have no issues with walking not showing up on radar. In fact, I’m in the no radar camp, I would be very happy to see radar removed.

> 2533274832130936;15:
> > 2533274798142730;14:
> > > 2533274832130936;10:
> > > > 2533274798142730;4:
> > > > I do not understand why it was changed. It is a motion sensor. Walking is a motion. I think crouching to hide your presence made a lot of sense and was very balanced; you had to take a large penalty to movement to disguise your presence.
> > > >
> > > > It has been fine for two decades. Why break what didn’t need fixing?
> > >
> > > Lots of people asked the same question about sprint but lets not turn this into another sprint thread
> >
> > Are those criticisms not valid in your eyes? Is there not a reason that people ask similar questions? Halo, like any game, has a delicately balanced sandbox and when you add a new mechanic or alter an existing one, however innocuous it may seem, you change that balance. This can have adverse effects.
> >
> > It’s not fair to invoke another debate but then declare that the debate is not worth having while claiming the final word for yourself.
>
> Just pointing outt he irony that everyone sees but the people who have told halo fans to “just deal with it” and “tp just play something else” for the last few years

Ahh, I suppose I misinterpreted what you were saying. I read it as ‘don’t question this change to the motion sensor like people question sprint’.

Whatever side of the debate you are on, I find those who call to not question changes rather irksome. So many points of view are dismissed as complaints for complaining’s sake or obsequiousness towards the developers.

> 2535469304324076;3:
> I love the way it is.
> It’s nice to be more aware and be checking your surroundings more.
> Absolutely don’t want it to change! Love it!

This. I want to focus on the game and not check the radar constantly for player information.

> 2533274820430915;2:
> Entirely against and I do not understand why this change was made, with any luck it’ll be changed before release.

I’m with you on this one. It needs to go back to how it worked in Halo 1,2,3.

It’s a motion sensor, the only way you shouldn’t show up is when you’re crouching while moving. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!

I play Halo because I want to play Halo, and everything that comes with it. Not some generic shooter, there’s already plenty of those…