Wake me, when you need me...

In the 5 years since we last left Master Chief…

• 4 Call of Duty games break industry sales records
  • Bungie splits from Microsoft and Halo franchise
  • The economy crashes
  • Michael Jackson passes away
  • Bungie signs new contract with Activision
  • Reach releases
  • Japan is hit by Earthquakes

I think this list brings entirely new meaning to “Wake me, when you need me.” The world needs you back something fierce, Chief.

Feel free to add to it.

Add to what…?

I’m not understanding the point of this thread.

Earthquake in Japan. Wait, what’s the purpose of this?

Any Halo game with the Master Chief is going to be more memorable.

Many players thought it was lame that ODST and Reach didn’t have Chief being playable. While that may seem minor to some, this actually determined if they liked the game or not.

A large bulk of said players don’t frequent Halo forums either.

WAKE UP CHIEF!!! Earth has been overrun by 10 year old CoD players!

This is great.
Halo is coming to save the world!

> In the 5 years since we last left Master Chief…
>
> - 4 Call of Duty games break industry sales records
> - Bungie splits from Microsoft and Halo franchise
> - The economy crashes
> - Michael Jackson passes away
> - Bungie signs new contract with Activision
> - Reach releases
>
> I think this list brings entirely new meaning to “Wake me, when you need me.” The world needs you back something fierce, Chief.
>
> Feel free to add to it.

OBAMA-NATION

> Earthquake in Japan. Wait, what’s the purpose of this?

The purpose of this thread is just reflection. We all need a bit of a pick-me-up right now.

Can’t believe I missed the Japanese Earthquak incident. Shame on me.

> Any Halo game with the Master Chief is going to be more memorable.
>
> Many players thought it was lame that ODST and Reach didn’t have Chief being playable. While that may seem minor to some, this actually determined if they liked the game or not.
>
> A large bulk of said players don’t frequent Halo forums either.

Agreed, but ODST was interesting in the way you could just roam around the city causing the Covenant trouble.

> WAKE UP CHIEF!!! Earth has been overrun by 10 year old CoD players!

Chief: “I need a weapon . . .”

> Add to what…?
>
> I’m not understanding the point of this thread.

What is the purpose of any thread, really? It’s all just discussion.

> In the 5 years since we last left Master Chief…
>
> - 4 Call of Duty games break industry sales records
> - Bungie splits from Microsoft and Halo franchise
> - The economy crashes
> - Michael Jackson passes away
> - Bungie signs new contract with Activision
> - Reach releases
> - Japan is hit by Earthquakes
>
> I think this list brings entirely new meaning to “Wake me, when you need me.” The world needs you back something fierce, Chief.
>
> Feel free to add to it.

THE UP RISE OF HALO HAS BEGUN, Prepare to Take over The Gaming Industry and Save it, The Time Is Now at Hand were All Gamers other then Halo Players Wake up and Realize How much Trash they Have Been Playing cough Cod, It is Now that this is The Start of the Plan Bungie sought To complete. WE ARE THE FORRUNERS IN PLAIN SIGHT, WE SHALL RECLAIM WHAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN OURS!!! WHO’S WITH ME!!!

> THE UP RISE OF HALO HAS BEGUN, Prepare to Take over The Gaming Industry and Save it, The Time Is Now at Hand were All Gamers other then Halo Players Wake up and Realize How much Trash they Have Been Playing cough Cod, It is Now that this is The Start of the Plan Bungie sought To complete. WE ARE THE FORRUNERS IN PLAIN SIGHT, WE SHALL RECLAIM WHAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN OURS!!! WHO’S WITH ME!!!

Love the enthusiasm. :slight_smile:

Halo 4 should be a new trilogy about him killing the developers for completely ruining his series.

I think I figured out what the new threat is, 343.

> > In the 5 years since we last left Master Chief…
> >
> > - 4 Call of Duty games break industry sales records
> > - Bungie splits from Microsoft and Halo franchise
> > - The economy crashes
> > - Michael Jackson passes away
> > - Bungie signs new contract with Activision
> > - Reach releases
> >
> > I think this list brings entirely new meaning to “Wake me, when you need me.” The world needs you back something fierce, Chief.
> >
> > Feel free to add to it.
>
> OBAMA-NATION

Are you dissing Obama?

> > Any Halo game with the Master Chief is going to be more memorable.
> >
> > Many players thought it was lame that ODST and Reach didn’t have Chief being playable. While that may seem minor to some, this actually determined if they liked the game or not.
> >
> > A large bulk of said players don’t frequent Halo forums either.
>
> Agreed, but ODST was interesting in the way you could just roam around the city causing the Covenant trouble.

Now THAT was an interesting take on the Halo Campaign. While might get flamed for this, i found it to be more enjoyable than the first three because it was different as you had this small over world (ala Metroid Prime) to play around in. The video logs were also the icing on the cake and then we got FF, which was a nice distraction and challenging one at that.

The music and atmosphere were also top notched and allowed Marty to experiment with the typical Halo sound. The story was pretty good for a side story and coming off ODST, it was odd that Bungie missed a beat with Reach’s story.

The only thing i could say bad about ODST was that it was made to sound much more different (via the hype) being more stealth based (as you are a human, not as tough as Chief was) but in the way it played it was still the same. Played as a nerfed Master Chief to be specific.

A fun game nonetheless ^.^

> > > Any Halo game with the Master Chief is going to be more memorable.
> > >
> > > Many players thought it was lame that ODST and Reach didn’t have Chief being playable. While that may seem minor to some, this actually determined if they liked the game or not.
> > >
> > > A large bulk of said players don’t frequent Halo forums either.
> >
> > Agreed, but ODST was interesting in the way you could just roam around the city causing the Covenant trouble.
>
> Now THAT was an interesting take on the Halo Campaign. While might get flamed for this, i found it to be more enjoyable than the first three because it was different as you had this small over world (ala Metroid Prime) to play around in. The video logs were also the icing on the cake and then we got FF, which was a nice distraction and challenging one at that.
>
> The music and atmosphere were also top notched and allowed Marty to experiment with the typical Halo sound. The story was pretty good for a side story and coming off ODST, it was odd that Bungie missed a beat with Reach’s story.
>
>
> The only thing i could say bad about ODST was that it was made to sound much more different (via the hype) being more stealth based (as you are a human, not as tough as Chief was) but in the way it played it was still the same. Played as a nerfed Master Chief to be specific.
>
>
> A fun game nonetheless ^.^

:stuck_out_tongue: Here’s hoping for a similar spin off game in the next trilogy, and with the MP level designer we could get some open world esc goodness.

Mike Leach was fired from Texas Tech then hired at WSU . . .

Maybe not the world’s problem, but I need John . . .