Wait........

If these Armor skins are for specific armor sets, does that mean we won’t be able to mix armor sets? Or are the skins NOT specific to a certain set of armor and they just showed the name of the set of armor shown… Anyone know wtfrick is going on?

The skins aren’t for specific armour sets and we will be able to mix and match. They just wanted to show off some armour sets while they were at it.

They’re gonna talk about it more at E3. I personally don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to switch it all up. e3 can’t come soon enough…

Oh thank God, I loved the Web skin but I wasn’t a fan of CIO armor A( I liked it but you know, so for every other thing I’ve seen looks better)

> The skins aren’t for specific armour sets and we will be able to mix and match. They just wanted to show off some armour sets while they were at it.

^What he said. Im sure we can swap skins but those images were just showing the full sets of armor.

I’ll admit, when I first saw it I thought nothing of it, then give it a minute or two when I see a few more of those images I did start to think that they’d only be usable in sets…

But then the logical thinking part kicked back into gear and I realised that 343i are trying to give us as much Customization/Personalisation of our Spartans as possible with this Infinity/Spartan Ops thing, so why would they take such a big step back in those aspects…

Yeah when I first saw the pre-order bonuses, I naturally thought that I won’t be able to get the Armor Set as well. I don’t know why I thought that but I eventually got the hang of it after thinking about it for a while.

Clearing that up for myself made me realize that having an exclusive armor skin from a specific game vendor isn’t really that big of a deal for me. As long as I can still unlock those armor sets that they showed off, I’ll be happy.

To answer your question though, I do believe you will be able to mix and match armor skins for different armor sets if I’m not mistaken. We will have to wait and see if 343i goes more in depth about the customization features at E3.