wait so does this mean...

in the trailer for halo 4 ive heard that that is master chief entering shield world, which is where dr halsey, maybe jun, and the rest of johns squad is, is this true?

If you mean Onyx, then I don’t think so. Onyx is a shield world but I think at the end of the novel ‘Ghosts of Onyx’ it was destroyed, so no. This is a brand new, mysterious planet that we have never seen or heard of before.

Maybe, I’m not totally sure. It’d be pretty cool to see Jun though.

> in the trailer for halo 4 ive heard that that is master chief entering shield world, which is where dr halsey, maybe jun, and the rest of johns squad is, is this true?

The Legendary planet (seen at the end of Halo 3 and in the Halo 4 trailer) is not Onyx. They are in two different sections of space, and Onyx is basically gone.

http://halo.xbox.com/343forumsaccess/games/f/5/t/12159.aspx?PageIndex=2

go here, read my post on page 2, the big one, that should help a little.

maybe its not a shield world. maybe its just one huge portal nexus that has several portals on it. one leading to the onyx shield world.

> If you mean Onyx, then I don’t think so. Onyx is a shield world but I think at the end of the novel ‘Ghosts of Onyx’ it was destroyed, so no. This is a brand new, mysterious planet that we have never seen or heard of before.

I’m pretty sure they escaped from onyx through a slip space thing to another shield world, from what I heard. It’s only obvious there would be Dr hansly and other spartans on there. What would be the point of a whole campaign without any other humans?

REAL ANSWER: That is a pretty basliss rumor that has grown in popularity with people wanting to see Onyx.

> > If you mean Onyx, then I don’t think so. Onyx is a shield world but I think at the end of the novel ‘Ghosts of Onyx’ it was destroyed, so no. This is a brand new, mysterious planet that we have never seen or heard of before.
>
> I’m pretty sure they escaped from onyx through a slip space thing to another shield world, from what I heard. It’s only obvious there would be Dr hansly and other spartans on there. What would be the point of a whole campaign without any other humans?

The dyson sphere that Halsey and the others ended up in is in Slipspace, not normal space where the Chief resides.