wait, does smart scope increase accuracy?

I’m mainly talking about automatic weapons like the smg, storm rifle, AR, etc. Hell, let’s throw in other weapons like the needler, bolt shot, and shotgun.

I though 343i said smart scope will be irrelevant whether you use it or not for accuracy. It’s there to focus on your target more…right?

Does crouching also increase accuracy? We all know burst fire increases it…

It increases red reticule range which increases accuracy. And crouching sometimes will reduce recoil.

I’ve thought the same thing. When I scope in with smg and such I feel it knocks my shot off weirdly and I get killed. I still just stick with the normal non scope and I seem to get more kills.

smart link does increase accuracy and with it slightly increases effective range. 2 seconds of in game testing would show you this.

Yes, smart link will minimize bullet scatter on a weapon like the smg or AR (most noticable on scattershot and shotgun). And it will increase the tracking range on a weapon like the Suppressor or Needler. *Source: Ninja has stated this multiple times in his streams.

On some guns

> 2533274816299345;6:
> On some guns

Is there a link to which guns are affected the most?

> 2533274871729504;1:
> I’m mainly talking about automatic weapons like the smg, storm rifle, AR, etc. Hell, let’s throw in other weapons like the needler, bolt shot, and shotgun.
>
> I though 343i said smart scope will be irrelevant whether you use it or not for accuracy. It’s there to focus on your target more…right?
>
> Does crouching also increase accuracy? We all know burst fire increases it…

Yes, unfortunately it does. It was said by 343i that smart scope would not increase accuracy but it does. So 343i lied about that one. In my opinion it decreases skill level gap. However, they did smartly add back unzoom upon taking damage. Smart scope allows people (mainly with automatic weapons or “shotguns”) to kill from a greater distance more easily.

I honestly think this was put in to try to steal some COD fans, because it really has no need in Halo.

> 2533274876585558;8:
> > 2533274871729504;1:
> > I’m mainly talking about automatic weapons like the smg, storm rifle, AR, etc. Hell, let’s throw in other weapons like the needler, bolt shot, and shotgun.
> >
> > I though 343i said smart scope will be irrelevant whether you use it or not for accuracy. It’s there to focus on your target more…right?
> >
> > Does crouching also increase accuracy? We all know burst fire increases it…
>
>
> It was said by 343i that smart scope would not increase accuracy but it does. So 343i lied about that one.

Source?

> 2533274871729504;1:
> Does crouching also increase accuracy? We all know burst fire increases it…

Crouching reduces upward recoil.

> 2533274876585558;8:
> > 2533274871729504;1:
> > I’m mainly talking about automatic weapons like the smg, storm rifle, AR, etc. Hell, let’s throw in other weapons like the needler, bolt shot, and shotgun.
> >
> > I though 343i said smart scope will be irrelevant whether you use it or not for accuracy. It’s there to focus on your target more…right?
> >
>
>
> Yes, unfortunately it does. It was said by 343i that smart scope would not increase accuracy but it does. So 343i lied about that one. In my opinion it decreases skill level gap. However, they did smartly add back unzoom upon taking damage. Smart scope allows people (mainly with automatic weapons or “shotguns”) to kill from a greater distance more easily.
>
> I honestly think this was put in to try to steal some COD fans, because it really has no need in Halo.

How do? Cuz if you ask me it does the same purpose as scoping with a BR, sniper, Dmr, or any other gun that could zoom before h5.

For the ar it noticeably has reduced recoil, I’m guessing thats the same for others and with that increased red range like with swords

Zooming the automatic weapons increases their red reticle range and decreases their bloom and max spread, but adds a little more recoil/muzzle climb.

Crouching reduces recoil/muzzle climb pretty significantly (though not as much as the recoil stabilizers attachment).

> 2533274876585558;8:
> > 2533274871729504;1:
> >
> >
>
>
> Yes, unfortunately it does. It was said by 343i that smart scope would not increase accuracy but it does. So 343i lied about that one. In my opinion it decreases skill level gap. However, they did smartly add back unzoom upon taking damage. Smart scope allows people (mainly with automatic weapons or “shotguns”) to kill from a greater distance more easily.
>
> I honestly think this was put in to try to steal some COD fans, because it really has no need in Halo.

The automatic weapons are still entirely useless at mid-range since you start with a magnum so quit whining. If anything, adding zoom to automatics increases the skill gap because it adds more depth to the gameplay.

I believe it only affects automatic weapons.

> 2533274904245048;15:
> I believe it only affects automatic weapons.

It affects everything.

The shotgun and scattershot have tighter spread and longer range, Gravity Hammer and Energy Sword have longer lunge range, Needler has longer tracking range, etc.

Smart-scope will give all weapons increased range and if applicable, more recoil and tighter spread. Notice how the Magnum and DMR have reticle bloom that fully resets anyway? It reduces that too (redundantly). Mostly because in the beta, these weapons had bloom that you had to factor in.

> 2533274801472802;14:
> > 2533274876585558;8:
> > > 2533274871729504;1:
> > > I’m mainly talking about automatic weapons like the smg, storm rifle, AR, etc. Hell, let’s throw in other weapons like the needler, bolt shot, and shotgun.
> > >
> > > I though 343i said smart scope will be irrelevant whether you use it or not for accuracy. It’s there to focus on your target more…right?
> > >
> > > Does crouching also increase accuracy? We all know burst fire increases it…
> >
> >
> > Yes, unfortunately it does. It was said by 343i that smart scope would not increase accuracy but it does. So 343i lied about that one. In my opinion it decreases skill level gap. However, they did smartly add back unzoom upon taking damage. Smart scope allows people (mainly with automatic weapons or “shotguns”) to kill from a greater distance more easily.
> >
> > I honestly think this was put in to try to steal some COD fans, because it really has no need in Halo.
>
>
> The automatic weapons are still entirely useless at mid-range since you start with a magnum so quit whining. If anything, adding zoom to automatics increases the skill gap because it adds more depth to the gameplay.

None of this is accurate, but your confusing of depth with complexity and redundancy is probably the most amusing part. Giving more range to weapons that are easier to use does not increase the skill gap. Good God.

Entirely useless at mid-range? Maybe for gold and silver players. It is vastly easier to throw off someone’s pistol accuracy than if they were objectively easier weapons like, well, basically every other weapon in the game. The AR is more than capable of challenging the Magnum in most 1v1 situations, because of its ludicrous range (skill gap LMFAO), spread reduction from smart-link AND crouching, higher bullet magnetism, and 100% accurate first shot after each trigger pull. All they have to do is miss one shot out of that perfect 5 and they are in a rough position versus some idiot spraying center mass with the AR.

yes, it should decrease bullet spread

Yeah we’ve been saying this since the beta
smart scope increases accuracy and gives autos headshot bonus’ as well
smartscope = ADS
it’s not purely cosmetic like the claimed it was, never has been

> 2533274890584596;17:
> > 2533274801472802;14:
> > > 2533274876585558;8:
> > > > 2533274871729504;1:
> > > > I’m mainly talking about automatic weapons like the smg, storm rifle, AR, etc. Hell, let’s throw in other weapons like the needler, bolt shot, and shotgun.
> > > >
> > > > I though 343i said smart scope will be irrelevant whether you use it or not for accuracy. It’s there to focus on your target more…right?
> > > >
> > > > Does crouching also increase accuracy? We all know burst fire increases it…
> > >
> > >
> > > Yes, unfortunately it does. It was said by 343i that smart scope would not increase accuracy but it does. So 343i lied about that one. In my opinion it decreases skill level gap. However, they did smartly add back unzoom upon taking damage. Smart scope allows people (mainly with automatic weapons or “shotguns”) to kill from a greater distance more easily.
> > >
> > > I honestly think this was put in to try to steal some COD fans, because it really has no need in Halo.
> >
> >
> > The automatic weapons are still entirely useless at mid-range since you start with a magnum so quit whining. If anything, adding zoom to automatics increases the skill gap because it adds more depth to the gameplay.
>
>
> None of this is accurate, but your confusing of depth with complexity and redundancy is probably the most amusing part. Giving more range to weapons that are easier to use does not increase the skill gap. Good God.
>
> Entirely useless at mid-range? Maybe for gold and silver players. It is vastly easier to throw off someone’s pistol accuracy than if they were objectively easier weapons like, well, basically every other weapon in the game. The AR is more than capable of challenging the Magnum in most 1v1 situations, because of its ludicrous range (skill gap LMFAO), spread reduction from smart-link AND crouching, higher bullet magnetism, and 100% accurate first shot after each trigger pull. All they have to do is miss one shot out of that perfect 5 and they are in a rough position versus some idiot spraying center mass with the AR.

Why do people who clearly not use the AR try to play it up like it’s some god weapon? The -Yoinking!- gun sucks, dude. In just about every respect, it sucks.

The automatic weapons have almost no aim magnetism once people start strafing. It completely throws them off. And since these weapons have such garbage accuracy, they can’t easily compensate for that lack of aim magnetism. You know how impossible it is to land 15 shots with the AR against a strafing person with a Magnum at mid range? Sure, you’re knocking them out of scope more than they are to you, but an unscoped Magnum is far more reliable in mid range than a scoped AR. Spraying with the AR isn’t useful at all. A Magnum user has way more leeway than just one missed shot. The AR user is the one who has very little leeway in this situation, since it’s much harder maximize hit percentage with an automatic weapon than a precision weapon. Crouching also doesn’t reduce spread, and why the hell would an AR user crouch in mid combat anyway? It’s all about pushing forward to stay in range. Also, that “100% accurate first shot after each trigger pull” applies to precision weapons on EVERY trigger pull. Why the hell would it even matter on the AR? What, are you saying I should go semi-auto with my AR and try to land each of those 13-15 shots individually? Wow, so OP.

You’re also being incredibly contradictory by saying the AR is easy to use and has no skill gap but then listing reasons why a skilled player can make it useful at mid range.