Wait, Did Steve Downs Just Retire?

Watching the Live stream on and off. My buddy just test me and said he gave his exit speech and said he was done with Halo. Holy hell. Did I miss this? Anyone verify?

I think ur friend hates u. That didn’t happen

He sounded like he did.

> 2533274820313060;2:
> I think ur friend hates u

Not really verification there bud. Watching my kid so I can’t really rewatch right now. Just curious. I now he retired from his radio show recently but surly not the Chief! We got one more game!

> 2533274820313060;2:
> I think ur friend hates u. That didn’t happen

It did happen.

He said he’s retired…

Really hoping there is some verification coming here. I know he retired from radio but surly they wouldn’t just casually announce his retirement from Halo randomly in the middle of the livestream. This would be a pretty massive deal. Really hoping this isn’t true.

I think hes talking about his radio show. He’s a radio talk show host.

Steve retired, yes. (during VO segment)

I want to report you for trolling so bad, but I need to play Halo 5 to know the truth!

Downes is retired from his main job, hosting a radio show. Didn’t hear anything about MC, but then again, I’m at work
XD

> 2533274824717348;7:
> Really hoping there is some verification coming here. I know he retired from radio but surly they wouldn’t just casually announce his retirement from Halo randomly in the middle of the livestream. This would be a pretty massive deal. Really hoping this isn’t true.

This. Look at this OP. Its his radio show that he retired from, not the voicing of the MC.

> 2533274908722615;10:
> I want to report you for trolling so bad, but I need to play Halo 5 to know the truth!

Lol don’t report me! I hope I’m trolling man! Christ! Just found the part. Frank says “He retired” and then steve gives a speech saying how Halo has been the highlight of his career and it has been an honor and stuff … I don’t know.

Not sure if its true or not. But he will retire sooner or later and the community needs to accept that.

Sadness…

> 2533274827007197;14:
> Not sure if its true or not. But he will retire sooner or later and the community needs to accept that.

I feel I’m emotionally ready after Halo 6. This was called the MC Saga at one point. I’d hate for his last Halo game to be one where he gets 3 damn missions. SMH. Hope this just came out wrong.

thats the way it sounded to me.

> 2533274824717348;16:
> > 2533274827007197;14:
> > Not sure if its true or not. But he will retire sooner or later and the community needs to accept that.
>
>
> I feel I’m emotionally ready after Halo 6. This was called the MC Saga at one point. I’d hate for his last Halo game to be one where he gets 3 damn missions. SMH. Hope this just came out wrong.

They already said John isn’t retiring anytime soon. But John without the voice of Steve, is not the Master Chief.

> 2533274814635636;18:
> > 2533274824717348;16:
> > > 2533274827007197;14:
> > > Not sure if its true or not. But he will retire sooner or later and the community needs to accept that.
> >
> >
> > I feel I’m emotionally ready after Halo 6. This was called the MC Saga at one point. I’d hate for his last Halo game to be one where he gets 3 damn missions. SMH. Hope this just came out wrong.
>
>
> They already said John isn’t retiring anytime soon. But John without the voice of Steve, is not the Master Chief.

Oh they wouldn’t dare recast the voice. Just can’t happen. The fan backlash would be insane. If Steve isn’t doing it anymore then CHief needs to just ride off into the sunset.

Steve did retire from the radio show he hosted here in Chicago. He did the morning show on 97.1 FM, The Drive. I believe he retired back in March but I could be wrong on that. I am pretty sure (hopeful) he was only referring to retiring from that and not the VO work.