Wait, did Grim just call someone "entitled"???

After watching a video (link in spoiler) I honestly don’t know what to think. I though Grim really cared about the franchise, but this is just, absolutely atrocious. 343 literally promised to our faces that they would fix MCC, and when someone speaks up about how they have failed to fulfill their promise, they get called entitled, by the same people who made said promise.
Im really too shocked to think anything of it at the moment, but people deserve to see this.
As for the mods, I’m not sure if this classifies as “calling out” because it’s a 343 employee rather than a player, but if it is I’ll edit the OP.

Beware, video has some language in it, so watch at your own risk!

I know the video exists, but does anyone have a link directly to the Reddit thread? I’d like to read what lead to this… situation.

> 2535437652903765;2:
> I know the video exists, but does anyone have a link directly to the Reddit thread? I’d like to read what lead to this… situation.

My only source is that video, but I’ll look for the Reddit thread.

> 2535440120215345;3:
> > 2535437652903765;2:
> > I know the video exists, but does anyone have a link directly to the Reddit thread? I’d like to read what lead to this… situation.
>
> My only source is that video, but I’ll look for the Reddit thread.

Never mind that, I found it.

MCC has been working for me

I disagree with the video. just another angry youtuber making a mountain out of a mole hill. 343 did apologize for MCC. quite a bit I would say and even gave out some content for their mistake. also he was right in his statement where gamers today expect the game to cater to them specifically or they rage about it online. the only part I agree with is that I do wish 343 would interact more here than other media but the toxicity here most of the time I can’t say I blame them.

The failures of 343 can no longer be pinned on Microsoft. Gears of War is under the same publisher and unlike 343, The Coalition is doing some amazing grade A work right now. This video and Grim’s post shows how blinded 343 is by their own great journey. It’s pretty ironic that they call us entitled.

> 2535437652903765;4:
> > 2535440120215345;3:
> > > 2535437652903765;2:
> > > I know the video exists, but does anyone have a link directly to the Reddit thread? I’d like to read what lead to this… situation.
> >
> > My only source is that video, but I’ll look for the Reddit thread.
>
> Never mind that, I found it.

Holy hell. This is the most disappointing thing I’ve seen since the Memories of Reach Falcon incident.

Gonna say the same thing I said on the Reddit thread.

Well he isn’t wrong. You paid for Halo 5 and what it has to offer, nothing more.

You weren’t owed a million maps at launch, you weren’t owed a million gametypes at launch.

More importantly, most of the things about Halo 5 were stated before launch. Every playlist, gametype, and map were detailed before launch, lack of Forge and BTB was said before launch, the inclusion of the REQ system was told before launch, lack of Splitscreen was said before launch.

90% of your entire opinion of Halo 5’s Multiplayer can be judged before the game was even released.

The level of entitlement some people feel is absurd. There are people who believe they shouldn’t get banned for any reason because “they paid for the game” and 343i is at fault for making a system that bans them.

Or how they didn’t get what they want from a REQ pack and try to scream “REFUND!”, despite the pack saying “random”. But since they paid real money for it, they deserve what they want.

If you didn’t like the direction Halo 5 is going for whatever reason, vote with your wallet and do not buy the game.

> 2533274816788253;6:
> I disagree with the video. just another angry youtuber making a mountain out of a mole hill. 343 did apologize for MCC. quite a bit I would say and even gave out some content for their mistake. also he was right in his statement where gamers today expect the game to cater to them specifically or they rage about it online. the only part I agree with is that I do wish 343 would interact more here than other media but the toxicity here most of the time I can’t say I blame them.

Where did they apologize? I haven’t heard a peep about the MCC for a long time now, let alone an actual formal apology.
You’d probably be able to find one within the depths of the deep web however don’t bet your money on it.

Wait so you mean the consumer wants the product they buy to benefit their needs and interest? Well I’ll be -Yoink!-, you’re right, we are entitled.I sincerely do not understand your logic

> 2533274816788253;6:
> I disagree with the video. just another angry youtuber making a mountain out of a mole hill. 343 did apologize for MCC. quite a bit I would say and even gave out some content for their mistake. also he was right in his statement where gamers today expect the game to cater to them specifically or they rage about it online. the only part I agree with is that I do wish 343 would interact more here than other media but the toxicity here most of the time I can’t say I blame them.

Read the Reddit thread that Nova linked and make your own judgements.

Look at it this way: 343 promised to fix MCC. 343 failed to fix MCC. Consumer speaks up. 343 gives them the finger.

Sure the YouTuber was angry. He was very angry. But it was perfectly justified.

When you nit pick youre being entitled.
When you order at subway and they dont give you what you ordered youre not being entited in telling them they messed up.

Btw his post represent his views not everyone on 343.

Id rather have 343 experiment, ending in either sucess or failure, than repackage personally.

> 2535440120215345;11:
> > 2533274816788253;6:
> > I disagree with the video. just another angry youtuber making a mountain out of a mole hill. 343 did apologize for MCC. quite a bit I would say and even gave out some content for their mistake. also he was right in his statement where gamers today expect the game to cater to them specifically or they rage about it online. the only part I agree with is that I do wish 343 would interact more here than other media but the toxicity here most of the time I can’t say I blame them.
>
> Read the Reddit thread that Nova linked and make your own judgements.
>
> Look at it this way: 343 promised to fix MCC. 343 failed to fix MCC. Consumer speaks up. 343 gives them the finger.
>
> Sure the YouTuber was angry. He was very angry. But it was perfectly justified.

My MCC does work though. I play it from time to time still. My MCC worked since about Feb or March after it launched. yes it was botched launch probably the worse ever, but to claim it’s not fixed I don’t buy since my game works.

I’m still trying to find the Twitter conversation, just for more context for the situation.

> 2533274867266391;10:
> > 2533274816788253;6:
> > I disagree with the video. just another angry youtuber making a mountain out of a mole hill. 343 did apologize for MCC. quite a bit I would say and even gave out some content for their mistake. also he was right in his statement where gamers today expect the game to cater to them specifically or they rage about it online. the only part I agree with is that I do wish 343 would interact more here than other media but the toxicity here most of the time I can’t say I blame them.
>
> Where did they apologize? I haven’t heard a peep about the MCC for a long time now, let alone an actual formal apology.
> You’d probably be able to find one within the depths of the deep web however don’t bet your money on it.
>
> Wait so you mean the consumer wants the product they buy to benefit their needs and interest? Well I’ll be -Yoink!-, you’re right, we are entitled.I sincerely do not understand your logic

If you were around during the launch of MCC you know and saw they apologized for it. they gave us the odst campaign and relic multiplayer map and a month of Xbox live gold as part of their apology. also I agree with the part that gamers today are unrealistic about stuff and expect the game to cater to only them. we see them here claiming stuff is “broken” when it’s just that they don’t like it.

> 2535437652903765;4:
> > 2535440120215345;3:
> > > 2535437652903765;2:
> > > I know the video exists, but does anyone have a link directly to the Reddit thread? I’d like to read what lead to this… situation.
> >
> > My only source is that video, but I’ll look for the Reddit thread.
>
> Never mind that, I found it.

The link is only to the aftermath of the “episode,” not the episode itself, and I’m unfamiliar enough with reddit that I don’t know how to dig any deeper. But I have to say that Grim didn’t say anything that doesn’t ring completely true to me. Yes, it’s a little shocking to hear someone speak a harsh truth, but that doesn’t make it any less true.

> 2533274873843883;16:
> > 2535437652903765;4:
> > > 2535440120215345;3:
> > > > 2535437652903765;2:
> > > > I know the video exists, but does anyone have a link directly to the Reddit thread? I’d like to read what lead to this… situation.
> > >
> > > My only source is that video, but I’ll look for the Reddit thread.
> >
> > Never mind that, I found it.
>
> The link is only to the aftermath of the “episode,” not the episode itself, and I’m unfamiliar enough with reddit that I don’t know how to dig any deeper. But I have to say that Grim didn’t say anything that doesn’t ring completely true to me. Yes, its a little shocking to hear someone speak a harsh truth, but that doesn’t make it any less true.

Yeah, I didn’t notice that until after looking at it further. The conversation on Twitter is proving difficult to find though.

> 2533274833081329;9:
> Gonna say the same thing I said on the Reddit thread.
>
> Well he isn’t wrong. You paid for Halo 5 and what it has to offer, nothing more.
>
> **You weren’t owed a million maps at launch, you weren’t owed a million gametypes at launch.**More importantly, most of the things about Halo 5 were stated before launch. Every playlist, gametype, and map were detailed before launch, lack of Forge and BTB was said before launch, the inclusion of the REQ system was told before launch, lack of Splitscreen was said before launch.
>
> 90% of your entire opinion of Halo 5’s Multiplayer can be judged before the game was even released.
>
> The level of entitlement some people feel is absurd. There are people who believe they shouldn’t get banned for any reason because “they paid for the game” and 343i is at fault for making a system that bans them.
>
> Or how they didn’t get what they want from a REQ pack and try to scream “REFUND!”, despite the pack saying “random”. But since they paid real money for it, they deserve what they want.
>
> If you didn’t like the direction Halo 5 is going for whatever reason, vote with your wallet and do not buy the game.

The bold is the only thing I don’t particularly agree with. Halo 5 was absolute barebones at launch. Each game is supposed to have at least the amount of gametypes and maps that were in the previous game. Halo 5 was a huge letdown in content, as most if not all people were expecting a Halo 4 level of content, as it had all the staple gametypes plus more along with a good number of maps. Halo 5 launched with only 5 playlists: slayer, FFA, swat, breakout, and team arena. Only 3 of those were from previous games.

Sure, we’re not entitled to a million maps and gametypes, but we are entitled to at least what the previous game had.

> 2535437652903765;17:
> > 2533274873843883;16:
> > > 2535437652903765;4:
> > > > 2535440120215345;3:
> > > > > 2535437652903765;2:
> > > > > I know the video exists, but does anyone have a link directly to the Reddit thread? I’d like to read what lead to this… situation.
> > > >
> > > > My only source is that video, but I’ll look for the Reddit thread.
> > >
> > > Never mind that, I found it.
> >
> > The link is only to the aftermath of the “episode,” not the episode itself, and I’m unfamiliar enough with reddit that I don’t know how to dig any deeper. But I have to say that Grim didn’t say anything that doesn’t ring completely true to me. Yes, its a little shocking to hear someone speak a harsh truth, but that doesn’t make it any less true.
>
> Yeah, I didn’t notice that until after looking at it further. The conversation on Twitter is proving difficult to find though.

Found it

> 2533274867266391;7:
> The failures of 343 can no longer be pinned on Microsoft. Gears of War is under the same publisher and unlike 343, The Coalition is doing some amazing grade A work right now. This video and Grim’s post shows how blinded 343 is by their own great journey. It’s pretty ironic that they call us entitled.

I think the biggest problem with 343 is that they are just too arrogant. They need to open their eyes and realize that maybe, just maybe Halo 5 isn’t the best Halo.