wait a second, brutes?

Just a quick thread here, I’ve noticed this while back, but seriously, what is up with these brutes? Weren’t they introduced in halo 2? To me this seems chromatically incorrect. There are other things that bug me but I bet you don’t care about another whining kid on your community. - jokes, your patience is an all time high.

I think that Halo Reach came before Halo 2 and the brutes during Reach may have just been foot soldiers. I could be wrong though.

Just because they first appear in a later game, doesn’t mean they weren’t around in an earlier one. Brutes replaced elites in Halo 2 but they were actually seen by humans before elites, as brutes led the Battle of Harvest, the first battle in the Human-Covenant War. Ask away on whatever else bugs you.

The appearance of enemies in the canon has been redone a few times since Combat Evolved. At first, Reach is where Elites were first encountered, but now they’ve been around since the start of the war. Same with Brutes. Funnily enough, the first human kill by a Covenant client species was by an Engineer.

The brutes to me in Reach look very different than the ones in Halo 2 and 3.

> 2533274834531709;5:
> The brutes to me in Reach look very different than the ones in Halo 2 and 3.

Well yeah! They’re different games.

> 2533274834531709;5:
> The brutes to me in Reach look very different than the ones in Halo 2 and 3.

That actually has an explanation. Various Brute clans have different standards. Some are more “barbaric” looking like the Halo 2 Brutes while others are more “civilized” and groomed like the Halo 3 and Reach Brutes.

> 2533274812652989;7:
> > 2533274834531709;5:
> > The brutes to me in Reach look very different than the ones in Halo 2 and 3.
>
>
> That actually has an explanation. Various Brute clans have different standards. Some are more “barbaric” looking like the Halo 2 Brutes while others are more “civilized” and groomed like the Halo 3 and Reach Brutes.

I’ve always wondered about that. I thought it might have been cousin species like the elites, grunts and Jackals. That’s pretty awesome about the brutes.

> 2533274812652989;7:
> > 2533274834531709;5:
> > The brutes to me in Reach look very different than the ones in Halo 2 and 3.
>
>
>
> That actually has an explanation. Various Brute clans have different standards. Some are more “barbaric” looking like the Halo 2 Brutes while others are more “civilized” and groomed like the Halo 3 and Reach Brutes.

didn’t the brutes become more ‘civilized’ after replacing the elites as the covenants primary force…they only really look advanced in halo 3 and odst to me. In reach they are not less barbaric than in h2 imo.

> 2533274926527272;3:
> Just because they first appear in a later game, doesn’t mean they weren’t around in an earlier one. Brutes replaced elites in Halo 2 but they were actually seen by humans before elites, as brutes led the Battle of Harvest, the first battle in the Human-Covenant War. Ask away on whatever else bugs you.

Yeah I read Contact Harvest.

> 2533274946337089;2:
> I think that Halo Reach came before Halo 2 and the brutes during Reach may have just been foot soldiers. I could be wrong though.

You’re right. Brutes weren’t introduced to us until Halo 2 when they took command over the Elites. Halo Reach, being a prequel, shows that Brutes were around, they just didn’t have the command or the numbers like Elites did at the time. Brutes were similar to Grunt, Jackal’s, Hunter’s, and everything else, they took order and were foot soldiers. Elites were the ranking officers

> 2546678360738636;11:
> > 2533274946337089;2:
> > I think that Halo Reach came before Halo 2 and the brutes during Reach may have just been foot soldiers. I could be wrong though.
>
>
> You’re right. Brutes weren’t introduced to us until Halo 2 when they took command over the Elites. Halo Reach, being a prequel, shows that Brutes were around, they just didn’t have the command or the numbers like Elites did at the time. Brutes were similar to Grunt, Jackal’s, Hunter’s, and everything else, they took order and were foot soldiers. Elites were the ranking officers

Basically yeah. I really really loved the look of Reach’s Brutes, still my favorite enemy design of the whole series (looks not AI).

in the battle of reach brutes weren’t the main covenant infantry

Reach Brutes have to be my favorite. They only gave shields to chieftans, and the rest weren’t shielded.

I dunno, I thought that was a nice touch.

i have to say that out of all the covenant i loved the brutes the best.

i think that reach is between 1 and 2, not sure

I like it

‘THE PACK SHALL FEAST ON U’

brutes smell funny

hmmmm