W: Firefight and our little Banhammer

If this has been adressed before, let the thread die.

With one day left it struck me that the Banhammer may be active during the beta.
Of course it’s within i343’s full right to keep it active, but I think it’d be in everyone’s best interests to have the banhammer inactive on the Beta playlist.

For the players: I suspect there may be heavy flooding of the playlist and chances are the servers may not be able to handle all the traffic which can lead to being dropped. So if it’s a stress test, it’d be quite unfair for banning players who are testing your stuff.

Second point would be glitches and unforseen events that cause players to spawn outside a map and not be able to get back in or spawn and suicide, which I’ve read can happen on a few maps. It is a new mode after all.

For i343: It’d be a perfect opportunity for data mining.

i343 would be able to get data en masse on server performance and repeated iterations on problems that may not be as obvious if players were discouraged to play due to a fear of being banned.

Another data mine would be to get feedback on matches were players quit. Most players do not provide written feedback, and having the game history of those silent players at hand could give a nice insight into regular reasons why players quit.

What do you think?

-Yoink- i’m more worried about the kids deciding it will be fun to kill you and take your mythic weapon before the enemy gets a chance to and how many friendly fire chances they have before they get banned from the playlist? i’d like some assurance of that…

> 2533274843235282;2:
> -Yoink- i’m more worried about the kids deciding it will be fun to kill you and take your mythic weapon before the enemy gets a chance to and how many friendly fire chances they have before they get banned from the playlist? i’d like some assurance of that…

Guessing friendly fire is on?

I think it’d also be an ample opportunity not to ban those kinds of players, but group them together.

Either way, yes, I see there’s some issues with that.
Perhaps the Banhammer could be in place for betrayals only then? I’d say that sounds quite reasonable, no?

> 2533274843235282;2:
> -Yoink- i’m more worried about the kids deciding it will be fun to kill you and take your mythic weapon before the enemy gets a chance to and how many friendly fire chances they have before they get banned from the playlist? i’d like some assurance of that…

I would be surprised if friendly fire is at all different from the other warzone playlists–off except for splatters.