Voting on matchmaking

If the vote is tied like at 4 votes for map 1 and 4 votes for map 2 there should be a re-vote or a totally new vote. not this crap of map 1 wins just because it’s the first map. This needs to be fixed!

Or it could just be made more random, that’d eliminate all the difficulty of a revote.

I think it should be just a map rotation. Many players dont like the same maps over and over so remove the voting system and just let the game rotate maps. That way we could maybe cut down on the amount of gamers who quit because of the map that was voted for

I wish it would allow me to re-vote to pick the map most preferable if my first choice looses the vote badly.

> I wish it would allow me to re-vote to pick the map most preferable if my first choice looses the vote badly.

Id be ok with that, as long as guests didnt get a vote. I hated in Reach when one account could have 3 votes and would change the map over and over.

> I think it should be just a map rotation. Many palyers dont like the same maps over and over so remove the voting system and just let the game rotate maps. That way we could maybe cut down on the amount of gmaers who quit because of the map that was voted for

^^THIS

I´M SICK OF ragnarok and exile on BTB and haven(even if it´s the best official map) for example on slayer

> I think it should be just a map rotation. Many palyers dont like the same maps over and over so remove the voting system and just let the game rotate maps. That way we could maybe cut down on the amount of gmaers who quit because of the map that was voted for

Don’t speak for others, we have a pseudo-democracy for the voting system and it works fine. If there was a tie and the map you wanted to win was second on the list then too bad, maybe next time it’ll be first.

> > I think it should be just a map rotation. Many palyers dont like the same maps over and over so remove the voting system and just let the game rotate maps. That way we could maybe cut down on the amount of gmaers who quit because of the map that was voted for
>
> Don’t speak for others, we have a pseudo-democracy for the voting system and it works fine. If there was a tie and the map you wanted to win was second on the list then too bad, maybe next time it’ll be first.

Yes however many players quit before the match even starts because of the map that was voted for. This was a problem in Reach and is a major problem in Halo 4. By adding a rotating system the amount of quitting could be cut down.

> > > I think it should be just a map rotation. Many palyers dont like the same maps over and over so remove the voting system and just let the game rotate maps. That way we could maybe cut down on the amount of gmaers who quit because of the map that was voted for
> >
> > Don’t speak for others, we have a pseudo-democracy for the voting system and it works fine. If there was a tie and the map you wanted to win was second on the list then too bad, maybe next time it’ll be first.
>
> Yes however many players quit before the match even starts because of the map that was voted for. This was a problem in Reach and is a major problem in Halo 4. By adding a rotating system the amount of quitting could be cut down.

That’s what JIP is for, I agree it’s broken but with some tweaks it could work out very nicely.

> > > > I think it should be just a map rotation. Many palyers dont like the same maps over and over so remove the voting system and just let the game rotate maps. That way we could maybe cut down on the amount of gmaers who quit because of the map that was voted for
> > >
> > > Don’t speak for others, we have a pseudo-democracy for the voting system and it works fine. If there was a tie and the map you wanted to win was second on the list then too bad, maybe next time it’ll be first.
> >
> > Yes however many players quit before the match even starts because of the map that was voted for. This was a problem in Reach and is a major problem in Halo 4. By adding a rotating system the amount of quitting could be cut down.
>
> That’s what JIP is for, I agree it’s broken but with some tweaks it could work out very nicely.

It could but again it causes alot of quitting. Id rather see a system that can really cut down on the amount of quitting that goes on and i think a rotation system would really help. Cut down on the amount of maps that get repeated and get some play time on maps you never really play.

> > > > > I think it should be just a map rotation. Many palyers dont like the same maps over and over so remove the voting system and just let the game rotate maps. That way we could maybe cut down on the amount of gmaers who quit because of the map that was voted for
> > > >
> > > > Don’t speak for others, we have a pseudo-democracy for the voting system and it works fine. If there was a tie and the map you wanted to win was second on the list then too bad, maybe next time it’ll be first.
> > >
> > > Yes however many players quit before the match even starts because of the map that was voted for. This was a problem in Reach and is a major problem in Halo 4. By adding a rotating system the amount of quitting could be cut down.
> >
> > That’s what JIP is for, I agree it’s broken but with some tweaks it could work out very nicely.
>
> It could but again it causes alot of quitting. Id rather see a system that can really cut down on the amount of quitting that goes on and i think a rotation system would really help. Cut down on the amount of maps that get repeated and get some play time on maps you never really play.

And with a no-vote system you get a fixed map option, people wont like that map and they’ll quit. What am I missing here?

For Dominion, they should just remove every map and keep Exile since that’s the only map that gets picked everytime it shows up.

> > > > > > I think it should be just a map rotation. Many palyers dont like the same maps over and over so remove the voting system and just let the game rotate maps. That way we could maybe cut down on the amount of gmaers who quit because of the map that was voted for
> > > > >
> > > > > Don’t speak for others, we have a pseudo-democracy for the voting system and it works fine. If there was a tie and the map you wanted to win was second on the list then too bad, maybe next time it’ll be first.
> > > >
> > > > Yes however many players quit before the match even starts because of the map that was voted for. This was a problem in Reach and is a major problem in Halo 4. By adding a rotating system the amount of quitting could be cut down.
> > >
> > > That’s what JIP is for, I agree it’s broken but with some tweaks it could work out very nicely.
> >
> > It could but again it causes alot of quitting. Id rather see a system that can really cut down on the amount of quitting that goes on and i think a rotation system would really help. Cut down on the amount of maps that get repeated and get some play time on maps you never really play.
>
> And with a no-vote system you get a fixed map option, people wont like that map and they’ll quit. What am I missing here?

I think id would do better than the voting system. I see players all the time that back out because the map thats got the most votes is one they dont wanna play it.

Complex, Exile, and Ragnarok are maps i find that cause alot of quitting due to the over played matches that occur on these maps. Having a system where the maps are rotated threw a list would help cut down on the amount of over played matches and would in turn help cut down on the quitting

> > I think it should be just a map rotation. Many palyers dont like the same maps over and over so remove the voting system and just let the game rotate maps. That way we could maybe cut down on the amount of gmaers who quit because of the map that was voted for
>
> ^^THIS
>
> I´M SICK OF ragnarok and exile on BTB and haven(even if it´s the best official map) for example on slayer

I once played Complex five times in a row until the game finally didn’t add it into the choices.

I give map rotation a yes.

> For Dominion, they should just remove every map and keep Exile since that’s the only map that gets picked everytime it shows up.

Exile and Longbow. Havent played any other map on that playlist, just those two

> > > I think it should be just a map rotation. Many palyers dont like the same maps over and over so remove the voting system and just let the game rotate maps. That way we could maybe cut down on the amount of gmaers who quit because of the map that was voted for
> >
> > ^^THIS
> >
> > I´M SICK OF ragnarok and exile on BTB and haven(even if it´s the best official map) for example on slayer
>
> I once played Complex five times in a row until the game finally didn’t add it into the choices.
>
> I give map rotation a yes.

Maybe on CTF and always on Team RED?^^ =)

I don’t know if you guys remember the days of Halo 2 when it just randomly picked a map and everyone was stuck with it, but quitting was far worse back then. People would decide they wanted to play a certain map and then just jump into matchmaking and keep quitting out until they got the map they wanted. I do still wish we had a none of the above option like in Reach.

Personally, I just liked the veto system in Halo 3. If you didn’t like the one you were given you vetoed it. If it got vetoed you were stuck with the next one. I hate this mind game of voting, and I’ll be the first to admit that whenever Ragnarok starts to get more than 5 votes I back out of the playlist. Same with Complex.

I agree that those two get played a lot. In my defense I vote for it, because I’m still trying to get the UNSC ordnance loadout mastery and those two maps drop UNSC power weapons.

** talking about exile and longbow on dominion**

> I agree that those two get played a lot. In my defense I vote for it, because I’m still trying to get the UNSC ordnance loadout mastery and those two maps drop UNSC power weapons.
>
> ** talking about exile and longbow on dominion**

Well that would help me understand why they are the most played. I went back to Dominion today to shake things up and still only played these two maps